• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a Pampered Chef Convention Adventure?

In summary, the author is excited for the upcoming Amway convention and is looking forward to having a great time. They have been to conventions before and found them to be fun. They will see friends there and will help Pampered Brandon with the room. There was a power outage at work, but they are starting their vacation early and are looking forward to sleeping in.
poohritz
Gold Member
it is so close i can hardly stand it. I have been to Amway conventions before and they were so fun. i will see you there. And yes I was able to help pamperedbrandon out on the room. really windy here today wonder if that is what we have in store for tomorrow? Power went out at work for over 2 hours finally they sent us home. I thought whoo hoo starting my vacation early works for me. :D :D

I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight. So excited, plus I have to get up at like 4 so we will see what time I get to bed!!!

Amway ain't got nuttin' on us! :)

I don't think I'll be able to sleep b/c I still have to pack! DH & DD are going out of town for the weekend Thursday afternoon, so I need to pack her before I leave too. Ugh! My clothes are clean & sitting by the suitcase, but I still need to pack them & my snacks (I'm 6 mo preg. & NEED my snacks!). Won't be home much in the morning & am leaving at noon. Need to get busy once I finish dinner & put DD to bed!

poohritz said:
it is so close i can hardly stand it. I have been to Amway conventions before and they were so fun. i will see you there. And yes I was able to help pamperedbrandon out on the room. really windy here today wonder if that is what we have in store for tomorrow? Power went out at work for over 2 hours finally they sent us home. I thought whoo hoo starting my vacation early works for me. :D :D

Having been to an Amway convention or two myself (plus Big Brothers Big Sisters and the American Cancer Society), you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the professional quality of this event.

Have a wonderful time!

I don't know how much sleep I will get. I haven'teven started packing. I am going now to do that.

I'm exhausted, but I probably still won't sleep. :p

Probably no sleep for me, either.

I am too pumped about leaving in the morning.

Oh, and my two year old just moved to a big boy bed last night (after climbing out of his crib...so I didn't want him to break something!) and we were up from 3:30-5:00AM. He wasn't crying or throwing a fit, just kept getting back up and I would take him back in and lay him down. (You know, like SuperNanny says!!)

Please pray that DH does the same SuperNanny thing with him so I don't come home Sat. night and have to start him ALL OVER AGAIN...

No sleep here either I don't imagine. Too excited and when I have to ready by 5a.m. I am always afraid my clock won't work.

Hey Paula,

I can relate! I'm still up and I have to ready to walk out the door by 5 am!!!:eek:

Ok well I think I pack better when I do it last minute! I am going through all the stuff on the conference checklist and have most of it packed except stuff I need in the AM. It says to bring pins, your latest newsletter, etc...Do any of you bring these things? I am thinking money, a notebook, highlighter and a couple pens. I am also bringing my business cards.

chefkristin said:
Ok well I think I pack better when I do it last minute! I am going through all the stuff on the conference checklist and have most of it packed except stuff I need in the AM. It says to bring pins, your latest newsletter, etc...Do any of you bring these things? I am thinking money, a notebook, highlighter and a couple pens. I am also bringing my business cards.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I finally just finished packing--mostly. I have a whole small duffel bag devoted to snacks (preggo)! I think the newsletter is for directors to share with other directors. I don't have any pins to bring. I'm also bringing money, pens, highlighters, biz cards, notebook & some index cards to write top ideas from each workshop. Oh--and a camera!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one! I finally just finished packing--mostly. I have a whole small duffel bag devoted to snacks (preggo)! I think the newsletter is for directors to share with other directors. I don't have any pins to bring. I'm also bringing money, pens, highlighters, biz cards, notebook & some index cards to write top ideas from each workshop. Oh--and a camera!
Oh good-All the stuff you mentioned is packed! What are you bringing for snacks? I have a box of Special K strawberry bars.

Doing laundry and baking cookies here...oatmeal/craisin...

Don't think I'll be done packing until midnight!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Doing laundry and baking cookies here...oatmeal/craisin...

Don't think I'll be done packing until midnight!!!!
Hey Janet-Are you going to be at both Meet & Greets?

chefkristin said:
Oh good-All the stuff you mentioned is packed! What are you bringing for snacks? I have a box of Special K strawberry bars.

What don't I have?! I brought a bunch of different things since I wasn't sure what I'd be in the mood for. I have some of those 100 calorie packs of Ritz chips, some fruit snacks, water & some crystal light lemonade packs to add to them in case I get tired of water, cheese & crackers, peanut butter & crackers, granola bars, & I'm sure I forgot to mention one or two others.

I know, I know, we're only there for 3-4 days. But I need to eat like every couple of hours b/c I can't eat much at one sitting anymore!

Stupid Quart BAGS!!!

I have Gallons..
I have sandwich...
I have snack....

All out of Quarts. :/

Think I'm going to have to rinse out the one with the cuke in it... :/

pamperedgirl3 said:
What don't I have?! I brought a bunch of different things since I wasn't sure what I'd be in the mood for. I have some of those 100 calorie packs of Ritz chips, some fruit snacks, water & some crystal light lemonade packs to add to them in case I get tired of water, cheese & crackers, peanut butter & crackers, granola bars, & I'm sure I forgot to mention one or two others.

I know, I know, we're only there for 3-4 days. But I need to eat like every couple of hours b/c I can't eat much at one sitting anymore!
Well I know who to hunt down if I get hungry! LOL!!:D

For cnacks I brought mini bags of pop corn for an inroom treat for the girls one night and like 10 of those 100 calorie packs snacks and my new favorite -- lipton diet citrus green tea... oooooh yummers.

Oh I have some of those 100 calorie snack packs. I will have to throw some in. I might just go to the store and grab some bottled water once I get there.

I finally finished packing at 11. I'm trying to wind down so I can sleep. Good night everyone. The next time we talk will be in person. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Bobby

I'm still up...must sleep soon though...long drive tomorrow!

Janet I'm still up too! I just got home from my show and driving to pick up my watch from a previous host of my SD whose show I went and watched and left my watch at while washing her dishes (that is her charge for watching her). I am exhausted, but still have to pack! My clothes are mostly laid out, I just need to put away stuff from my show, enter show into computer, get numbers ready for calls while at conference, clean up a few other things and get up to shower and get ready at 4:30ish... hmmm... maybe I just won't sleep...

p.s. I used Laura's casual recruiting thing at my show and have 1 strong recruit lead who came up to me to get some information, I have an appointment to call her on Sunday when I return to schedule a coffee... yippee!!

So I am sitting here on the computer instead of doing what I need to do (surprise, surprise) and my eye is now twitching... I think this is a sign that I better get my butt in gear as my body is exhausted and 3 hours of sleep now plus 1 on the plane is better than none! See y'all tomorrow or thursday!

So I am all packed, house clean enough that I am okay coming home to it looking like this on Saturday night and I just entered my show from tonight... $474 in sales right now, 2 bookings (Sept and Nov), 1 hot lead, 1 maybe co-host with mom who lives closer to friends and a few outside orders still waiting, as a few people couldn't make it at the last minute! I am so happy! There were 9 guests there, all but 1 made a purchase tonight and the one that didn't make a purchase is the one who circled yes on my guest care card and who approached me after my (laura's) casual recruiting talk! and the best part was I sold 2 forged cutlery bread knives!

I am so pumped for conference... I am grateful I am taking the from maybe to yes class as I will follow up with my lead on Sunday when I return!

All I have left to do tonight is shower, dry my hair, pack my hair stuff and grab a few hours of sleep! I know I am more excited this year than last, as something has clicked with me and I am ready to soar with PC!

Good luck and safe travels to everyone! Don't forget to pack your umbrella so it won't rain :)

I had trouble going to sleep, then I woke up at 3:30 a.m.! I'm ready to go, though. I have everything gathered. I just need to add the last of my toiletries and then fold my clothes into the suitcase. I'll head out about 9:30 this morning. Woo hoo! It's here!

I got up at 4:30. Got tired of tossing in the bed. Alarm was set for 7. I have a 4 hour layover in Dallas when I hope to sleep.

chefkristin said:

I start to feel lousy if my sugars aren't balanced so I HAVE to make sure to eat high protien snacks every few hours. I am bringing thes DISGUSTING packs with a little can of tuna, some relish, some mayo and some crackers. They are VILE but they're an easy way to pack some protein. I am also bringing a can of almonds. I was going to bring Carnation INstant Breakfast Drink but when I tried it out the other day, within an hour my belly bloated out like I was 5 months pregnant and I was, well, shall we say, quite falutlent the rest of the day. I like ya'll too much to subject you to THAT ... LOLOLOL

GourmetGirl said:
p.s. I used Laura's casual recruiting thing at my show and have 1 strong recruit lead who came up to me to get some information, I have an appointment to call her on Sunday when I return to schedule a coffee... yippee!!

OMG I meant to share last week that I recruited my most recent recruit using the Casual Recruiting technique Laura shared!! Thank you Laura!! Next year Laura, you should teach a workshop on Casual Recruiting!!!

I'm packed but I CAN'T find my CS buttons anywhere?!?!?!?!

I just had them a day ago and thought I had them in my van - they're gone!!!!

:( I'll have to look for everyone else now...

Or, just look for my Paige ribbon!!!!

dannyzmom said:
OMG I meant to share last week that I recruited my most recent recruit using the Casual Recruiting technique Laura shared!! Thank you Laura!! Next year Laura, you should teach a workshop on Casual Recruiting!!!

I really need to do this. I was going to at my last show & chickened out (what I end up doing most of the time with recruiting:( ) I'm wanting to try again with my 2 shows next week & with conference confidence under my belt.

GourmetGirl,

Do you think Laura would mind if you shared her "casual recruiting" idea? Thanks.

Janice... if you search for a post titled a day in the life of laura you should find it... also i believe it is in the files section as well. let me know if you can't find it, and I'll post it again...

Related to Ready for a Pampered Chef Convention Adventure?

1. What should I expect at the Pampered Chef Convention?

At the Pampered Chef Convention, you can expect a fun and exciting atmosphere filled with cooking demonstrations, new product launches, training workshops, and networking opportunities with other consultants and leaders.

2. Can I bring a guest to the convention?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the convention. However, they will need to purchase a separate ticket and must be 18 years or older to attend.

3. Will there be any discounts on products at the convention?

Yes, there will be special discounts and promotions on select products at the convention. These offers will be announced during the event, so be sure to keep an eye out for them.

4. What should I pack for the convention?

Be sure to pack comfortable clothing and shoes, as there will be a lot of walking and standing. You may also want to bring a notebook and pen to take notes during workshops and training sessions. Don't forget to pack any necessary medications and your Pampered Chef name badge!

5. Will there be food provided at the convention?

Yes, there will be complimentary meals and snacks provided throughout the convention. However, if you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • Stampaholic1961
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies