• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Re-injury Woes: Torn ACL Leads to Surgery Again

In summary, the conversation is about Jessie injuring her knee and needing surgery, causing her to be off work for 12 weeks. Others in the conversation can relate to her situation and offer support and advice. Some have also experienced similar injuries and surgeries in the past.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
I just got off the phone with my Doctor...

It turns out that I have re-injured my knee. I have torn the ACL this time. That means surgery - AGAIN!! :cry:

Off of work for 12 weeks - nice vacation;)

That stinks! Well hopefully you can book some catalog shows while your off your feet!

I tore my ACL @ 15 years ago and had to have it replaced - I can definately feel for you! But, I only got 3 weeks off of work. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and in rehab for 8 weeks.

Jessie....I pray that your surgery goes smoothly and that you can get some catty shows booked for your down time!

http://women.evenhealth.com

Ouch - hope you can get the surgery done soon and heal fast!

12 weeks! Holy cow, Jessie! Definitely get some catty shows booked for yourself.

Here's to a successful surgery and fast healing!!!

OH - Jessie - as a mom of athletes - I know how hard this is - keep your spirit high - follow instructions - and we will all hope and pray for the best!!

I too need surgery - on my back and neck - just waiting and putting it off...........

Ouch! Both my mom and sister tore their ACLs years ago, and have the titanium pins in there to prove it. They have successfully rehabbed their knees and are glad they did it, but they can now predict the weather with uncanny perfection! ;) Good luck to you and I hope your recovery is quick!

My husband tore his ACL during a skateboarding competition. He still skates and says that his knee with surgery is his good knee. So you may be better off in the end!!!

Praying for successful surgery and fast, complete healing.

May your surgery be uneventful and a great success.

1. What is a torn ACL and how does it happen?

A torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) is a common knee injury that occurs when the ligament that connects the thigh bone to the shin bone is torn. This can happen during sports or activities that involve sudden stops, changes in direction, or direct impact to the knee.

2. How do you know if you've re-injured your ACL?

If you have previously had surgery for a torn ACL and are experiencing similar symptoms such as pain, swelling, and instability in your knee, it is possible that you have re-injured your ACL. A doctor will be able to confirm this through a physical exam and imaging tests.

3. Can a torn ACL be treated without surgery?

In some cases, a torn ACL can be treated without surgery through physical therapy and rehabilitation. However, this is dependent on the severity of the tear and the individual's activity level. It is important to consult with a doctor to determine the best course of treatment.

4. What does the surgery for a torn ACL involve?

The surgery for a torn ACL involves reconstructing the ligament using a graft from another part of the body or a donor. This is typically an outpatient procedure and is followed by a rehabilitation program to help restore strength and stability to the knee.

5. How long is the recovery process for a re-injured ACL?

The recovery process for a re-injured ACL can vary depending on the individual and the severity of the injury. It typically involves a combination of physical therapy, rest, and avoiding activities that put strain on the knee. It can take anywhere from 6-9 months to fully recover and return to normal activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angmillar
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • c00p
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • jj16