• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ramen: Is It Really Worth the Hype?

different dish if you used the PC seasoning.You could try rice noodles - you mean the really thin ones right? You might have to play with the amount of water & cooking time to get it just right but I would think it would work.did you use the full 2lbs of pork? For some reason it looks like alot to me.No. I used a 1 1/2 lb package. It was more than enough.There is a LOT of meat in this if you use the full 2 pounds. Way more than you need for 6 servings. The first couple of times I made this, I used about a pound of meat, and it was just right.Thanks! We'll be doing the 1
pamperedape
Okay, is it really that good? I am scared to try it because I don't like the taste of ramen (after college!). You all are making me want to try it though.

That is so funny. After college, I said I would never eat Ramen again either. I have been wondering the same thing.

I just made it to take to my pottery class. I have not tasted it yet, but it surely does smell good!

Its yummy! DH ask me to make it again and he never does that!

So I finally made it. Everyone loved it!!! I don't have the Asian seasoning yet (I ordered it but it's not here) so I substituted with garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. My kids ate it, and they are picky. My DH said to make it again any time.

Okay - I am going to have to investigate and see if I can find some ramen noodles with spice packets that aren't full of MSG........At first, I said there was no way I would eat this dish - but with everyone raving - my curiosity is getting the better of me. I'll check at the health food store tomorrow and see what I can find.

Are ramen noodles like rice noodles at all?

The test kitchen chefs said you could double up on Asian seasoning if you don't want to use the Ramen Noodle spice packet. That is what I would do if I make it again. I'm not a big pasta fan, anyway, but it wasn't bad. When kids like it, it's a good thing.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I am going to have to investigate and see if I can find some ramen noodles with spice packets that aren't full of MSG........At first, I said there was no way I would eat this dish - but with everyone raving - my curiosity is getting the better of me. I'll check at the health food store tomorrow and see what I can find.

I too try to watch my salt intake. I have high blood pressure and try to watch what I eat. I figured if I was going to try to sell it I should taste it. It turned out to be a great hit. I don't know how I'll feel about it tomorrow morning, because I usually blow up the day after I eat a lot of salt... but it didn't really seem like it was too bad. Maybe the amount of water that was added cut it down a bit and the fact that it was absorbed between the meat and the veggies and not just the noodles. It was also very filling. I have a family of four and I can get another whole meal out of it. So maybe given all of that the salt isn't that high. :confused:

ChefBeckyD said:

You could try rice noodles - you mean the really thin ones right? You might have to play with the amount of water & cooking time to get it just right but I would think it would work.

did you use the full 2lbs of pork? For some reason it looks like alot to me.

No. I used a 1 1/2 lb package. It was more than enough.

There is a LOT of meat in this if you use the full 2 pounds. Way more than you need for 6 servings. The first couple of times I made this, I used about a pound of meat, and it was just right.

Thanks! We'll be doing the 1lb tonight! I can't wait to try it!

It's a winner!!My family LOVED this one!!:love:
I was so excited because my 8yo normally turns his nose up at anything new, and even he was raving about it. I only used 1lb of meat, and it was plenty. Plus we have leftovers for DH lunch and then some! Everyone asked me to make this again some time - gotta love that!!:D :D

I cut the recipe in half (2 packs of Ramen & 1 Tenderloin) and it was more than enough for me, DH & DS.....and there were plenty of left-overs. I think this will also be good with chicken or beef too. If you make it with beef, which cut would you use?

Hi everyone!I made this tonite. I used beef because ShopeRite already had it cut up for stir fry. I cut the recipe in half. That was plenty.It wasn't bad but I wasn't thrilled...... I guess the PC seasoning would have made a big difference but I'm not going to find out. Just not interested.I think it would be a good recipe to teach someone just learning to cook.I love all of PC recipes...... so far. But this one was just ok for me.

Ok, I just finally made this - well kind of...

I used chicken instead, halved the recipe, didn't have carrot, used green pepper instead of red bell and used regular onions and chives instead of green onions.
(It was what I had on hand...) :(

Anyway, it tastes really good! :) I like it!

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I just finally made this - well kind of...
I used chicken instead, halved the recipe, didn't have carrot, used green pepper instead of red bell and used regular onions and chives instead of green onions.
(It was what I had on hand...) :(

Anyway, it tastes really good! :) I like it!

You sound just like my oldest DS when he says two things are exactly alike... well, except for one or two or ten minor differences!

But your "modifications" sound yummy, too!

Next time I make this, I'll modify it too:
--use less pork
--use HALF of the ramen seasoning
--cut back on the sesame oil

I found it VERY salty when made as directed.

I made it as is and LOVE it!! I was AFRAID of the silverskin. I thought it would be difficult to cut off or identify, but it sooooo wasn't! I didn't even turn on my skillet until 5:33pm and was completely finished cooking it by 6:00pm!! There was quite a bit of prep, but I would just come to the show a bit earlier. It was really really good!

DebbieJ said:
Next time I make this, I'll modify it too:
--use less pork
--use HALF of the ramen seasoning
--cut back on the sesame oil

I found it VERY salty when made as directed.

I agree completely, Deb. I thought it was yummy, but it was way to salty for our tastes. I'm going to try halving the recipe, no ramen seasoning, and just add more Asian seasoning and see what happens. :)

I bought all the ingredients yesterday - I am making it tonight for supper.

dannyzmom said:
I bought all the ingredients yesterday - I am making it tonight for supper.
Were the ingredients expensive? I am thinking of making it tonight too!

chefkristin said:
Were the ingredients expensive? I am thinking of making it tonight too!
The most expensive part is the pork, and you can make it with chicken instead and it's still tasty. And there's a LOT of meat - you absolutely can cut it in half and still have a good meal.

Let's see:
1 red bell pepper (if you're really concerned about cost, use a green one)
2 carrots (I use 3)
4 packs of ramen (that'll run you a whopping 80 cents!)
water
sesame oil (not super cheap, but you only use 2 tablespoons)
Asian seasoning
meat
green onions

I used can chicken instead of pork - one can. It was VERY good. My husband who is VERY picky loved it too. I am offering it for me shows starting immediately. I did not think it was expensive at all since I used chicken. The can chicken was $2 per can. If you wanted to, you could use boneless breast and buy a big pack and use them at least twice if not three times depending on the size. You could do cheaper and use bone-in breast since you will be shredding the chicken anyway too.

It was delicious!! My 4 year old (who won't eat a vegetable) loved it, especially the carrots! Also, the new boning knife ROCKS!!! I used it on the silver skin and it sliced through it like butter!!

We had this at our meeting the other night, and my director made it with chicken. I'd previously made it at home, with the pork.

I thought the chicken was much tastier, personally, and am very happy about that, since chicken is sooo much cheaper!!

Paula

Related to Ramen: Is It Really Worth the Hype?

1. Is ramen really worth the hype?

Yes, ramen has become extremely popular in recent years for its unique and delicious flavors. It is a comforting and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

2. What makes ramen different from other noodle dishes?

Ramen is different from other noodle dishes because it is typically made with a rich and flavorful broth, fresh ingredients, and a variety of toppings. The noodles used in ramen are also typically thicker and chewier than other types of noodles.

3. Is ramen a healthy meal option?

Ramen can be a healthy meal option if it is made with fresh and nutritious ingredients. However, some types of ramen may be high in sodium and calories, so it is important to choose wisely and in moderation.

4. Can I make ramen at home?

Yes, you can make ramen at home with the right ingredients and recipe. There are many easy and delicious ramen recipes available, and you can also customize your ramen to your personal taste preferences.

5. What tools or equipment do I need to make ramen?

To make ramen at home, you will need a large pot for cooking the broth, a strainer for draining the noodles, and a ladle for serving. You may also want to invest in a good quality ramen bowl and chopsticks for an authentic dining experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • rennea