• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asian Seasoning Mix: A Taste of College Days

In summary, the group discusses their experiences with the Asian Seasoning Mix, with some finding it not very versatile and others enjoying it on various dishes such as chicken, pork, and vegetables. Some share their dislike for ramen noodles and prefer to use healthier alternatives. Others suggest trying it in stir fry dishes and as a seasoning for burgers and corn on the cob. Overall, opinions are mixed and some wonder if it will be discontinued.
leftymac
The Asian Seasoning Mix has been sitting in my cabinet for a few months now because I was thinking, "Whatever am I gonna do with this?". Well, today I decided to try it on some chicken. It's good, but does anyone else thing it tastes decidedly like ramen noodles? Brings me back to my college days...

leftymac said:
The Asian Seasoning Mix has been sitting in my cabinet for a few months now because I was thinking, "Whatever am I gonna do with this?". Well, today I decided to try it on some chicken. It's good, but does anyone else thing it tastes decidedly like ramen noodles? Brings me back to my college days...

Oh Oh Me Me!!

The Asian seasoning is the only one I never use - I just don't care for it - and I LOVE Asian food. (except for Sushi:blushing: )

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh Oh Me Me!!

The Asian seasoning is the only one I never use - I just don't care for it - and I LOVE Asian food. (except for Sushi:blushing: )

I think it's definitely the least versatile of our dishes. I haven't tried the Asian Pork and Noodle skillet yet. But since that has ramen noodles in it, it's probably pretty good. I just can't imagine showing off a dish with ramen noodles, though.

leftymac said:
I think it's definitely the least versatile of our dishes. I haven't tried the Asian Pork and Noodle skillet yet. But since that has ramen noodles in it, it's probably pretty good. I just can't imagine showing off a dish with ramen noodles, though.

I've never actually had it.

I FINALLY found Ramen Noodles at the Health Food Store near me - so I'll probably try it with chicken soon. I don't eat the regular Ramen noodles because they are full of MSG.....

There are so many other recipes out there to try.....

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never actually had it.

I FINALLY found Ramen Noodles at the Health Food Store near me - so I'll probably try it with chicken soon. I don't eat the regular Ramen noodles because they are full of MSG.....

There are so many other recipes out there to try.....

Well if someone else wanted to tell me what else I could use thing gosh darn seasoning for, it'd be great. Otherwise, me thinks it'll continue to sit...

leftymac said:
Well if someone else wanted to tell me what else I could use thing gosh darn seasoning for, it'd be great. Otherwise, me thinks it'll continue to sit...

LOL - that's what mine is doing.

I'd be interested to hear how people use it too.

I used it in a dish that it called for- and disliked it so much that I used it to decorate the inside of my kitchen trash bin. It looked so pretty as it clung for dear life to the sides of my pretty white trash bag! :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
I used it in a dish that it called for- and disliked it so much that I used it to decorate the inside of my kitchen trash bin. It looked so pretty as it clung for dear life to the sides of my pretty white trash bag! :) LOL

ha..i'm cracking up!

I have a feeling it will be discontinued...

We use it a lot...husband is from Japan, I'm a yankee.Keep in mind we don't care much for the taste of beef, except for hamburgers on occassion...makes a swell sprinkle on top of burger patties!Last night, sauteed turkey breast cutlets in the Exec skillet, generously seasoned with Asian Seasoning. Turn once, season again. Delish with rice or whatever. Son's version of 'whatever' was using the turkey in a sandwich on a big Kaiser roll.We don't eat instant ramen noodles in this house--it is really junk food, so I've never tried the recipe.Oh...we've also enjoyed it on corn on the cob, and sauteed cabbage. Southwest seasoning is good on corn on the cob too :)Experiment!

The Asian Pork Skillet is really, really good. However, I do prefer it with chicken breasts. I've done this at several shows and it's been a HUGE hit. Personally, I love the Asian seasoning and was so upset when it was discontinued, and then thrilled when they brought it back. I use it on chicken breasts a lot and just grill them in my grill pan. My husband and I love the flavor it gives. It's also really good on grilled pork chops. I don't do stir fry, but have heard it's good on that as well. Oh, one last thing, it's also good on grilled veggies like peppers, onions, zucchini, squash, etc.

I use it in my stir fry skillet all the time! Stir fry some chicken, thinly sliced, then add a package of frozen stir fry veggies. Add about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 1 clove of pressed garlic & add the seasoning to taste (usually for me about 1 TBSP) I've had some of my customers use it in homemade vinagrette dressing and adding about 1-2 tsps. sesame oil. Good over a tossed salad with bean sprouts, shredded carrot and spinach.

Sad thing is I forgot it was the Asian PORK skillet because I've only make it with chicken - LOL!

leftymac said:
ha..i'm cracking up!

I'm glad I could make you laugh! :) I love Asian cuisine- so I was excited when I ordered it- however that excitement was short lived. I have found that I make better spice mixes than the ones I can buy for the most part.

Have a good day!

I love the Asian seasoning and us it when making a stir fry.

I use the Asian seasoning a lot. I too do the Asian noodle skillet with chicken - great to take leftovers for lunch @ work. Also, I LOVE sauteed broccolini and/or asparagus. The seasoning is great on those, too.

leftymac said:

It already was once! I have never tried it. I don't eat Asian food.

I actually used it once when I was the host of a show before I was a consultant. Most of my guests were vegetarians so my consultant found this awesome asian pizza receipe with cresent rolls, the asian seasoning and tons of veggies. It was a BIG hit!! I'll get the receipe from her and post it here.

I like this seasoning. I use it in my stir-fry as well as the noodle skillet. I'm like Janet in that I always make it with chicken. In fact, I call it Asian Noodle Skillet with Chicken... LOL!

For my stir-fry, I do my chicken with this seasoning, then cook it in the stir fry skillet. I then add my veggies, a little more seasoning & some stir-fry sauce. It's so yummy. I serve it over rice.

I just had someone last night tell me they were glad it was back in the catalog because they love it. I'll have to ask what she uses it for...of course, she's a college student and may be the "ramen noodle" type.

I was really sad when they discontinued this product and so excited when the brought it back. My family loves it in stir fry or any grilled protien.

Here's the recipe... it was a HUGE hit at the party I hosted.

Attachments

• Cool_Asian_Pizza.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 328
Question about the Cool Asian Pizza...Raw brocolli? Are you using just the crowns or also some of the stem?I realize 1/2 cup isn't very much-- and am thinking of buying a few pieces of brocolli from the salad bar :)This sounds really tasty!

Fried RiceI made it up as I went along, so I can't give you the exact recipe.

Cooked enough rice for the family (family of 4 is 3/4 rice and 1.5 cups water - I don't have a Rice Cooker, but if you do, this would be a great way to demo it). Once the rice was steamed I added:

1 pound frozen shrimp
1T Soy sauce (this is really a rough estimate, I probably added more, but you want to do it to taste).
1T Sesame oil
1 cup frozen snap peas, cut into 1" chunks
1 cup roughly chopped carrots (I use baby carrots)
1t - 1T (to taste) Asian Seasoning
1 or 2 scrambled eggs, cut up
(you can also add baby corn - I'd love to, but the rest of my family doesn't like it)

Mix everything on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through. This is really quick and easy, and smells great - like a Chinese restaurant - while cooking

Sarah

The Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet really is VERY good (we also use chicken in it and switch out the carrots for mushrooms). DH asks for this about once a week (and he gets tired of meals pretty quick).

I use the Asian Spice as a door prize option. I have a basket of some items for guests to choose from if they bring a friend or win the door prize. One of the items is 2 Tbsp (I think that is what the recipe calls for) of the Asian Spice put in a little food bag and nicely taped to the recipe card of the Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet. This gets picked more often than I would have thought.

For my summer shows I have been making Manderin Chicken Salad, using the DCB, and it is a HUGE hit. Here's what I do:

Start by putting 3 chicken breasts in DCB, Spritz with oil, and sprinkle them with the Asian Seasoning. Cook in micro for approx. 10 minutes, and use thermometer to check.

Make the Asian Dressing from recipe on side of the Measure, Mix & Pour. (Use Microplane grater to grate fresh ginger for this, along with garlic press for garlic).

Have guests use Salad Choppers to chop chicken when it comes out of the micro.

Pour 2 bags of salad (I use Very Veggie) into the collapsible bowl. Give it a quick chop with Salad Choppers (there's always big chunks of lettuce in the bagged salads). Add chicken, 1 can drained mandarin oranges, a handful or two toasted sliced almonds (I get the Salad Sensations Almonds in a big bag from Costco and it's lasted me almost 2 months), and pour dressing on top. SO GOOD!

AZPampered Chef said:
For my summer shows I have been making Manderin Chicken Salad, using the DCB, and it is a HUGE hit. Here's what I do:

Start by putting 3 chicken breasts in DCB, Spritz with oil, and sprinkle them with the Asian Seasoning. Cook in micro for approx. 10 minutes, and use thermometer to check.

Make the Asian Dressing from recipe on side of the Measure, Mix & Pour. (Use Microplane grater to grate fresh ginger for this, along with garlic press for garlic).

Have guests use Salad Choppers to chop chicken when it comes out of the micro.

Pour 2 bags of salad (I use Very Veggie) into the collapsible bowl. Give it a quick chop with Salad Choppers (there's always big chunks of lettuce in the bagged salads). Add chicken, 1 can drained mandarin oranges, a handful or two toasted sliced almonds (I get the Salad Sensations Almonds in a big bag from Costco and it's lasted me almost 2 months), and pour dressing on top. SO GOOD!

That sounds so good!

1. What is included in the "Asian Seasoning Mix: A Taste of College Days"?

The "Asian Seasoning Mix: A Taste of College Days" includes a blend of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and other herbs and spices commonly used in Asian cuisine.

2. Is the "Asian Seasoning Mix" spicy?

The "Asian Seasoning Mix" has a mild level of spice. It adds a nice kick of flavor without being overly spicy.

3. How do I use the "Asian Seasoning Mix"?

The "Asian Seasoning Mix" can be used as a marinade for meats, added to stir-fries, sprinkled on vegetables, or used to season rice or noodles. The possibilities are endless!

4. Is the "Asian Seasoning Mix" gluten-free?

Yes, the "Asian Seasoning Mix" is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.

5. Can I use the "Asian Seasoning Mix" in dishes other than Asian cuisine?

Definitely! While the "Asian Seasoning Mix" is designed to add an Asian flavor to dishes, it can also be used to add a unique twist to non-Asian dishes. Try it on roasted vegetables or in a marinade for chicken or fish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • silly@hrt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • ChefJeniLobdell