• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can't Stand the Smell of Moroccan Rub!

In summary, the author likes the Moroccan Rub, but thinks that it smells like an old man's dirty socks. They haven't tried it yet, but plan to do so.
rennea
Gold Member
Am I the only one who doesn't like the smell of the moroccan rub?? Gosh I can't stand the smell of it. I think it smells like an old mans dirty socks:yuck: I haven't tried cooking with it yet cause the smell is so icky. Is it really good? I want to try it on chicken but to scared to waste a chicken :p

LOL - I love it!! Of course, I am kinda partial to old men's dirty sicks, too ;)
Seriously though - I love it. My Godson's 2yo brother dumped the whole jar on my Oriental rug...FYI...it stains.

We like it a lot, but also we are used to the various Meditteranean cuisines. It might 'cook up' to your taste. Try it on a piece of skinless chicken breast, grilled.Also, and I mean this in the nicest way, don't mention your dislikes to your guests or taste testers.Just ask them to 'sample and rate' this chicken--for taste, texture, mouth feel, heat/spice level etc.

I haven't tried it yet either.....I don't really care for the smell, and since I felt the same way about the Jerk Rub, and the taste of that makes me gag.....I've been afraid to try the Moroccan Rub.

Love it! It is awesome on chicken!

I like the smell. I think it smells a lot like the pepper rub they discontinued. I'm thinking that's why.

I like it, but it is nothing like the Jamaican Jerk Rub. You might like it Becky. I love, love, love the Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Oh, Carolyn, bummer about the stain!

I tried the Moroccan on chicken and it was really good. I do think the Chipolte Rub smells like a raw hide bone or more specifically a pig ear (can you tell I have dogs?).

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't tried it yet either.....I don't really care for the smell, and since I felt the same way about the Jerk Rub, and the taste of that makes me gag.....I've been afraid to try the Moroccan Rub.

I was wondering Becky if you had tried it cause I know that you really don't like the smell of the Jerk Rub...

I love the Jerk though!! Thanks for the stain tip Carolyn. We'll have to talk about the sock thing sometime!!!:D

I'll bite the bullet this week and give it a try, never know I may just love the taste;)

I haven't tried it yet - any recipes for the chicken or did you just grill it, bake it??

BTW - I love the Jerk rub too - on shrimp - its to die for !!!!

rennea said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like the smell of the moroccan rub?? Gosh I can't stand the smell of it. I think it smells like an old mans dirty socks:yuck: I haven't tried cooking with it yet cause the smell is so icky. Is it really good? I want to try it on chicken but to scared to waste a chicken :p

Do you spend a lot of time smelling old men's dirty socks? :yuck:

I haven't tried the Moroccan Rub yet. Now I'm a bit scared.

I have used it on steak & in my Burgers (I didn't tell DH that I did anything different and he said it was the best burger he has ever tasted).Tonight we are trying it on Lamb chops. They were on sale today at Safeway I couldn't resist and that's how they introduced this at Leadership. I can't wait to taste them. Okay I like it, I must like old men's dirty socks.

rennea said:
I was wondering Becky if you had tried it cause I know that you really don't like the smell of the Jerk Rub...

I love the Jerk though!! Thanks for the stain tip Carolyn. We'll have to talk about the sock thing sometime!!!:D

I'll bite the bullet this week and give it a try, never know I may just love the taste;)

Okay, Rennea ~ if you'll bite the bullet so will I!:D Now, I just have to figure out what kind of meat I'll use. There is a recipe in the grilling cookbook for Morrocan Meatballs that looked good.....

Oh my, I love the smell of that rub. I just want to crawl up inside the jar (except now that I have the dirty sock imagery, that isn't as appealing!)

Give it a try...and if you don't like it, give it a try once more. Usually the first time trying a totally new flavor can taste 'too different' to like it.

leggy

I just remembered that I hate the smell of the Basil Canola Oil, but I love the taste when I cook with it. Maybe you'll find the same with the Moroccan Rub.

legacypc46 said:
Oh my, I love the smell of that rub. I just want to crawl up inside the jar (except now that I have the dirty sock imagery, that isn't as appealing!)

Give it a try...and if you don't like it, give it a try once more. Usually the first time trying a totally new flavor can taste 'too different' to like it.

leggy
I understand! I feel that way about the Jamaican Jerk Rub.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay, Rennea ~ if you'll bite the bullet so will I!:D Now, I just have to figure out what kind of meat I'll use. There is a recipe in the grilling cookbook for Morrocan Meatballs that looked good.....

I think I'll try it on grilled chicken breast this week sometime and then I'll get back to ya:chef: Wish me luck!!!

raebates said:
Do you spend a lot of time smelling old men's dirty socks? :yuck:

I haven't tried the Moroccan Rub yet. Now I'm a bit scared.

Well Rae I try not too:D But it really does smell like dirty smelly old man socks. Sorry I've scared you:p I'm not picky eater and neither is DH but there is just something about the smell that makes me want to gag.

I just had on lamb chops and it was YUMMO!!!

raebates said:
I just remembered that I hate the smell of the Basil Canola Oil, but I love the taste when I cook with it. Maybe you'll find the same with the Moroccan Rub.
I wasn't to sure of the Garlic Canola oil but I love it on veggies and stuff!

raebates said:
I was going to say this! I don't care for the smell of the greek rub, but I went ahead and put it on my chicken before I grilled 2 night ago and everyone liked it!:) :thumbup:

Here is a really good slow cooker recipe using the Moroccan rub:

8 oz baby carrots
1 1/2 cups lentils, uncooked
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
2 tablespoons pressed garlic
2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
2 cans (14 1/4 ounce) cans fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth

Place all ingredients, in order listed, in a 4 or 5 quart crockpot.
Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours.

I served it with couscous - delicious!

MissChef said:
I was going to say this! I don't care for the smell of the greek rub, but I went ahead and put it on my chicken before I grilled 2 night ago and everyone liked it!:) :thumbup:
One of the guests at my show yesterday ordered the Greek rub. She mentioned that she liked the smell of it so much she might wear it as perfume. :) It reminded me of the Planters nuts commercials that are currently out.

chefann said:
One of the guests at my show yesterday ordered the Greek rub. She mentioned that she liked the smell of it so much she might wear it as perfume. :) It reminded me of the Planters nuts commercials that are currently out.

Now, see - I could feel that way about the Greek Rub. I LOVE the Greek Rub! I've already used up my free bottle, and have to order a bunch on my supply order today!

chefann said:
:eek: Wow! Not me, I don't like it! Perfume?:confused: Nope, not me!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Now, see - I could feel that way about the Greek Rub. I LOVE the Greek Rub! I've already used up my free bottle, and have to order a bunch on my supply order today!
Well, we sure don't agree on this one!! LOL! :eek: :blushing: I am so use to us agreeing..... but nope, not on this one. I do like the taste but I don't like the smell.:rolleyes:

kspry said:
Here is a really good slow cooker recipe using the Moroccan rub:

8 oz baby carrots
1 1/2 cups lentils, uncooked
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
2 tablespoons pressed garlic
2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
2 cans (14 1/4 ounce) cans fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth

Place all ingredients, in order listed, in a 4 or 5 quart crockpot.
Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours.

I served it with couscous - delicious!

This sounds DELICIOUS!!!:love:

Put it on venison on the BBQ and it was AWESOME!!!!!!

#27, would you please reply with which seasoning you put on the Venison? We have been referring to several and I was not sure which one of the three
you used. I have some Venison in my freezer and I'd like to give the new spices a try. I have at least one of everything. Thanks.

I love it! But then I just love Moroccan food, Greek food - anything like that!

Related to I Can't Stand the Smell of Moroccan Rub!

1. What is Moroccan Rub and why does it have a strong smell?

Moroccan Rub is a blend of spices commonly used in Moroccan cuisine, such as cumin, coriander, paprika, and cinnamon. The strong smell is due to the combination of these spices, which are known for their bold and aromatic flavors.

2. Can I use Moroccan Rub in dishes other than Moroccan food?

Yes, absolutely! While Moroccan Rub is traditionally used in Moroccan dishes, it can also be used to add flavor to a variety of dishes such as grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or even as a seasoning for popcorn.

3. Is Moroccan Rub spicy?

It depends on the brand and recipe of Moroccan Rub you are using. Some blends may have a bit of heat from ingredients like cayenne pepper, while others may have a milder flavor. Be sure to check the ingredients and adjust the amount to your taste preference.

4. How do I store Moroccan Rub?

Moroccan Rub should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. Be sure to label the container with the date it was opened, and use within 6 months for optimal flavor.

5. Can I make my own Moroccan Rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own Moroccan Rub at home using a combination of spices and herbs. There are many recipes available online, or you can experiment and create your own blend. Just be sure to store it properly and use within a reasonable time frame for the best flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • ChefLisa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
lacychef