• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Question-Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Thank you for posting your recipe. I'll have to try it!I just made this and everyone loved it! Except I used the spice cake mix instead and added the pumpkin puree to it and some eggs to make the cake and spice pudding then followed the rest of the recipe.Great recipe!
urbnk8
When you mix the pudding and milk together, do you just mix until dissolved, or do you mix it until it is pudding?

Just until it is dissolved. I'm usually in a hurry. :)

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so the second layer of pumpkin came right to the top of the trifle bowl. Is that right or did I do something wrong?

Where is this recipe?? I haven't heard of it, but sounds awesome to try!!

Mine was pretty full, so you probably did just fine.You probably haven't heard of it because, to the best of my knowledge, it's my creation. Here's the recipe:pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle1 box gingerbread mix, plus ingredients
1 large box vanilla pudding
3 c milk
1 large can pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
Sweet Cinnamon SprinklesMake gingerbread according to directions. Cool. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.Mix pudding and milk. Add in pumpkin pie fillingIn Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of whipped topping. Repeat.Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

Thanks!! I'm definitely making this tomorrow!!!

I would like to make this for Thurs' dinner. The gingerbread I bought says cake or cookie mix... do I make it following the cake directions? What do you bake it in, can I use the large bar pan?Sorry so many questions, I am still so new at all this. Thanks in advance!

Not a problem. If you don't ask, you can't learn something new.I made the cake recipe and baked in the square baker.

I don't have the square baker. I have large bar, rectangular baker, round baker, small round baker, loaf pans and pie pan and covered baker... which is my best bet?

I'd go with the round baker.

Thanks! I will definitely give it a go on Wed (since I saw the recommendations to make it early so the flavors blend).

Geekgirl69 said:
I don't have the square baker. I have large bar, rectangular baker, round baker, small round baker, loaf pans and pie pan and covered baker... which is my best bet?

or maybe 2 loaf pans, the round might be too big?

I do have 2 loaf pans... do you think that would be better than the round baker?

Either one would work. You're cutting it up into cubes, so the shape doesn't really matter.

How's that look?Ok, I made my first trifle for tomorrow's dinner. I (hopefully) attached the picture here. Does it look anything like it is supposed to?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 11210165a.jpg
    11210165a.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 408
Looks a lot like mine.

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to check it out for me. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

My pleasure.

Geekgirl69 said:
Ok, I made my first trifle for tomorrow's dinner. I (hopefully) attached the picture here. Does it look anything like it is supposed to?

Thanks!

Looks great...I could eat the whole thing, right now! :)

Will be making this for my Dec 8th show.

YUMMY! I made this today and everyone loved it! Except I used the spice cake mix instead and added the pumpkin puree to it and some eggs to make the cake and spice pudding then followed the rest of the recipe. Great recipe!

Related to Quick Question-Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

What ingredients do I need to make the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle?

You will need 1 box of gingerbread cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 container of whipped topping, and 1/2 cup of crushed gingersnap cookies.

How do I assemble the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle?

Start by preparing the gingerbread cake mix according to package instructions and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Once cooled, cut the cake into small cubes. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the pumpkin pie spice. In another bowl, prepare the vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup of milk. In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, start layering the ingredients: gingerbread cubes, pumpkin mixture, vanilla pudding, and whipped topping. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of whipped topping. Sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies on top for garnish.

Can I make the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the trifle ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and make the trifle even more delicious. Just make sure to add the crushed gingersnap cookies right before serving to keep them crunchy.

Is the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle a good dessert for a holiday party?

Yes, the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is a perfect dessert for a holiday party. It's easy to make, feeds a crowd, and has all the flavors of fall and winter. Plus, the trifle dish makes for a beautiful presentation on any holiday table.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to fit your preferences or dietary restrictions. Instead of gingerbread cake mix, you can use a spice cake mix or even a chocolate cake mix. For a dairy-free option, use almond or coconut milk instead of regular milk. And for a lower sugar option, you can use sugar-free pudding mix and whipped topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies