• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle Question

Layer the cake layer, then the pumpkin layer, then French vanilla pudding. Top with whipped topping.I was wondering if you could tell me how to make this trifle without all the ingredients for the cake being pre-made? I have a lot of people coming in for my open house on Nov. 18th and I wanted to make it for them and would not have time to buy all the ingredients before hand.Thanks so much!The cake mix is what makes
lisa717
I have the ingredients to make this...my question...is why is there 3 cups of milk with the LARGE box of pudding? What size box? A normal box takes 2 cups of milk?

Normal size (small box) takes two cups to make pudding. This calls for the LARGE box or two small boxes pudding and only 3 cups milk so it makes the pudding much thicker than normal.

HTH

where is this recipe? can someone post or tell me where to find it?

Yum Id love to hear about this recipe too!

Here it is. Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Pumpkin Gingerbread Triflex.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 605
2 of the regular pudding mixes do not equal 1 large. I don't have a large box in my cupboard right now, but I have run in to this situation before. You will have the same pudding texture with 1 box of regular sized pudding and 2 cups of milk that you will with the large size pudding and 3 cups of milk. However if you have 2 reg. sized boxes of pudding and 3 cups of milk, you will have a thicker mixture.
Moral of the story 2 boxes reg. pudding mix are not the same amount as 1 large box.
Or the real moral of the story is to follow your recipe and the Gingerbread Pumpkin trifle is wonderful. I made it at a show last November, yumm-o!!
Deb

Thanks, Deb. I played a lot with the texture of the filling. (Thank the Lord for willing tasting volunteers.) Three cups seemed just right.Lisa, the large box makes six 1/2 cup servings.

Thank you!!!

That recipe sounds awesome! Thank you! :)

I couldn't open the file could some one post the recipe just on the message part. It sounds so interesting. Thanks

Here you go:Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle1 box gingerbread, plus ingredients
1 large box vanilla pudding
3 c milk
1 large can pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
Sweet Cinnamon SprinklesMake gingerbread according to directions. Cool. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Mix pudding and milk. Add in pumpkin pie filling.In Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of
whipped topping. Repeat.Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

Rae - this sounds incredibly, wonderfully awesome!!! I'll have to make this for my open house in November. Thanks!!

Sorry about the confusion with the pudding box sizes! I always thought that two smalls = one large!! Oops!

Wow, I can't wait to try this in Nov.!

Rae - I could only find Pumpkin Pie mix....is that the same thing as the filling???? It's a huge can and just tells me to add evaporated milk and eggs. I'm planning on making this for our cluster meeting tonight and just really don't want to mess it up!!!

For those have tasted this on a scale of 1 to 5... 5 being the best how does it rate?

I have not had this particular trifle....but made one at a show last week that was with a spice cake and pumpkin mixture and it was easily a TWENTY-FIVE!!! I think throwing gingerbread into the mix would just make it that much yummier!

Andrea, they're the same thing. It's different from plain canned pumpkin in that it has the spices and a bit of sugar already added. Jenni, since the recipe is my own creation (or possibly an adaptation from something I've read sometime, somewhere), I'd be a bit prejudiced. Let me just say that my taste testers eventually hid the trifle so they could have it all to themselves.

Rae - have you ever tried this with any cream cheese mixed in??? I'm just wondering 'cuz ya know, it seems that anything we demo for a PC recipe HAS to have cream cheese or crescent rolls???!!?? But, cream cheese does sound yummy, maybe mixed in with the pudding....hmmmm, may just have to try that out!!

I haven't. I'm afraid cream cheese would make it a bit too rich for what I was trying to do. However, it would probably taste great.

OK..I am making this today.....my testers will taste it tomorrow.....to be continued!!!!!!!

This is the one I'm doing at a future show ... my question is ... can I bake the cake in the bar pan??

Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
8 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

Rae - have you ever tried this with any cream cheese mixed in??? I'm just wondering 'cuz ya know, it seems that anything we demo for a PC recipe HAS to have cream cheese or crescent rolls???!!?? But, cream cheese does sound yummy, maybe mixed in with the pudding....hmmmm, may just have to try that out!!

How about the cheese cake flavored pudding? Bet that would be scrumdiddlyumtious too!

That does sound yummy.

I wouldn't see why you couldn't bake that in the bar pan, Di.

Back to the pudding question ... can somebody clarify OUNCES of the "large" pudding box please?

I was at a store today ... 2 boxes, different sizes, both were the same ounces!

c00p said:

Ooooohhhhh yummy!
I think this sound wonderful! :thumbup: We need a drooling happy face!;):D

Di_Can_Cook said:
Back to the pudding question ... can somebody clarify OUNCES of the "large" pudding box please?

I was at a store today ... 2 boxes, different sizes, both were the same ounces!

You want the one that makes 6 servings. Ounces will vary depending on whether it's regular or sugar-free, flavor, etc.

URGENT question - I'm out of the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles!!!! Do you think the Caramel would taste ok with this trifle????

c00p said:
URGENT question - I'm out of the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles!!!! Do you think the Caramel would taste ok with this trifle????

Of course!

I loved it so much with the Sweet Cinnamon and I'm making it tonight for a purse party I'm having and all I have left is the Caramel. Hopefully it'll be just as wonderful!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

I'm sure it will be tasty.

Rae - Is this made with regular pudding mix or instant? Thanks! -kris

legacypc46 said:
Rae - Is this made with regular pudding mix or instant? Thanks! -kris

Instant pudding.

I would tweak this recipe and use Cheesecake pudding. I would also maybe drizzle with Caramel Ice Cream topping, as I do with other Pumpkin Roll Trifle Recipe I created with a hostess of mine, using my mom's pumpkin roll cake and her mom's filling and then we added things.

I also probably would throw in some Cool Whip, as I didn't see that reading recipe real quick.

This sounds good, I'm going to have to try it this way and then my tweaking way and have family vote, they'll be thrilled getting 2 desserts within days of each other, lol.

Thanks for the recipe,

Lisa

How large a can of pumpkin pie filling does it take? The other day in the grocery store all I saw was a HUGE can of pie filling.....and a smaller (like soup sized) can of pumpkin with no spices added.

p
raebates said:
Andrea, they're the same thing. It's different from plain canned pumpkin in that it has the spices and a bit of sugar already added.

Jenni, since the recipe is my own creation (or possibly an adaptation from something I've read sometime, somewhere), I'd be a bit prejudiced. Let me just say that my taste testers eventually hid the trifle so they could have it all to themselves.

I made this for a non Pampered Chef party last week and everyone LOVED it!

c00p said:
Rae - I could only find Pumpkin Pie mix....is that the same thing as the filling???? It's a huge can and just tells me to add evaporated milk and eggs. I'm planning on making this for our cluster meeting tonight and just really don't want to mess it up!!!

Okay... maybe I was a bit dense and nervous about my very first cooking show. I bought the pumpkin pie mix stuff and mixed it with the vanilla pudding... it had no real consistency. I'll admit that I didn't read the can at all after I saw that it said Pumpkin Pie Mix. Did I need to add evaporated milk and eggs to this first? Please advise. It tasted okay, but was not pretty.:cry:

Nope. You did nothing wrong. It's the consistency of, well, pudding. You don't want to add anything at all.BTW, sometimes I use only 2 c milk if I want a little thicker filling.

luvtocook said:
How large a can of pumpkin pie filling does it take? The other day in the grocery store all I saw was a HUGE can of pie filling.....and a smaller (like soup sized) can of pumpkin with no spices added.

p

Sorry, I missed your post before. It's the larger of the cans. It's 30 oz.

Thanks Rae! Now I feel better. I just thought that it would spread on nicely so it would look like layers and mine pretty much flowed out and saturated the gingerbread on the bottom. Maybe I needed to mix the pudding and pumpkin to let it set up. I was a bit nervous and kept moving with the recipe. I will try 2 cups of milk to see what happens. Cross you fingers...

It doesn't have the distinctly separate layers of some of the trifles. People still talk about how beautiful it is. Take a deep breath. Remember: It's just food. ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies