• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Desserts: A Show-Ready Guide

In summary, Kearstin recommends that people make the batter bowl cake at home and fill them at the show. Jennifer recommends the Profiterole Puffs, the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and the Apple Crisp.
Kinet
I am looking for a quick easy desert that I could start at home and then just add the fininshing touches at the show.
Or a very simple desert to do at the show...

Chocolate Macaroon Brownie from All The Best. You can make the brownie @ home.

Mix the topping @host home and bake for 15 minutes.Super Easy!

The crusts for both the Taffy Apple Pizza or Chocolate Chip Sensation can be made at home and are easy to make. The microwave cakes are super easy too - they can be made in either the Rice Cooker or the Stoneware Fluted Pan...

If you need recipes, just let me know.

HTH,
Kearstin

I make the microwave cakes in the Classic Batterbowl!

I made a white cake with fluffy white frosting the other day in the rice cooker. Once I flipped it out the bottom of the cake (the part that was at the top of the rice cooker) was cooked and fine, but the top had a ton of air bubble and with the white frosting looked like a chunk of moldy cheese. What did I do wrong???

I like the Profiterole Puffs. I make the puffs and fill them all but a few at home. Then fill those few at the show and do the chocolate and chopped nuts over them at the show. It is not the quickest to do, but most everything for them I already have in my pantry, so, it does not cost me much to do them

WOW! THanks ladies, all those recipes sound great!

kearstin: I'd love your rice cooker cake recipe.

jenniferknapp: I'd love your batter bowl cake recipe.

Thanks again!!!

The batter bowl recipe is the same as the rice cooker, I just extended the time it was in the microwave to about 12 mins total! And since you can see the cake "baking," don't be fooled when it doesn't look like it isn't cooked at the bottom, the frosting drops down and bubbles around down there!

gilliandanielle said:
I made a white cake with fluffy white frosting the other day in the rice cooker. Once I flipped it out the bottom of the cake (the part that was at the top of the rice cooker) was cooked and fine, but the top had a ton of air bubble and with the white frosting looked like a chunk of moldy cheese. What did I do wrong???

I Don't think you did anything wrong. I made the same cake in the fluted stone and it looked the same way. the only thing I could think of was maybe it was the fluffy frosting... It looked like crap!!! But my son said it tasted good..

jenniferknapp said:
The batter bowl recipe is the same as the rice cooker, I just extended the time it was in the microwave to about 12 mins total! And since you can see the cake "baking," don't be fooled when it doesn't look like it isn't cooked at the bottom, the frosting drops down and bubbles around down there!

Do you put anything on top of get when it comes out? Powered sugar or something?

*on top of it *LOLOL sorry

The frosting is gushing down the sides of it, but you can sprinkle some sugar on it as well! Definitely try it at home, and remember that a host's microwave may cook differently than yours...I haven't done a cake like this at a party because I am worried!

Cheesecake using the PC awesome springform pan!

Make at home the day before --- just bring a can of topping that you can open with our can opener. I put the topping in the tiles small square with the small bamboo spoon for serving.

I am very excited about the springform pan -- in all the years I attended PC shows I never heard a consultant mention it. I didn't know how special it was until I used it myself. It has a glass bottom -- so it doesn't warp like the metal ones -- no leaking -- very easy to assemble.

Berries & Cream Wonton Cups are a favorite of mine.

Bake the wontons at home and fill at the show (you can make them a few days ahead and store in an airtight container). You can use quite a few tools in your demo. EAD, scoop, egg slicer, cooks corer, batter bowl, sugar shaker, mix 'n scraper and SA platter. Then mention that you used the mini muffin pan, tart shaper, prep bowl and basting brush to make the cups.

Apple crisp..mix all the dry ingred at home... melt the butter in the batter bowl at the show, add the dry ingred....and everyone loves to see the APCS in action....

where do you get the recipe? thanks

Such great ideas!

The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is so easy, and if you have the new round platter you could display it on that. You just bake the cake at home in the Family Skillet. When you get to the show melt some chocolate in the microcooker (and I think mix with some caramel), pour over cake, add chopped nuts, then drizzle more caramel. Yummy!!!! I think this recipe is in "All The Best" or "Delightful Desserts".

Mom's Apple Crisp gets my vote - I agree - mix the dry ingredients at home. Have the hostess buy vanilla ice cream. YUM

I do the chocolate lava cake at every single show in my rice cooker. I have done it for 9 minutes (then let it sit for 20) at every one and it has always come out great. The rice cooker is my #1 sold item just because of the cakes and it has a great WOW factor, everyone can't believe it!

The rice cooker cakes are the best!!! I make them at almost every show and always sell a ton of rice cookers. At $19 that makes a great add on to anyones order.

Chocolate Lava Cake RecipeMelanie,

Please post the recipe for this, or email it to me.. I've been searching for it!

Also, does anyone else have something similar that can be done in stoneware in either the microwave or oven?

Thanks everyone!

I'm not melaine, but, the lava cake is the same recipe I use for the rice cooker.
Use any kind of cake mix (any flavor/any brand) mix it according to the directions on the back of the mix then add 1/2 can of frosting. Put the frosting in the middle of the cake batter. Put the lid on and then microwave it for 10 minutes. It is so easy and so moist.

I don't have the rice cooker, so that is why I tried it with my batter bowl....which doesn't come out perfectly every time....so that is why I haven't done it at a show. Does the rice cooker one come out perfectly everytime? (the bottom of the cake, which is the new top once inverted)

It has always come out everytime I have done it. Occassionally there is a microwave that cooks a little hotter and it will kind of spit out the top through the holes, but I just stop the microwave and then start it a minute or so later. But, I have always had it come out and the "lava" goes down the side and everyone oos and ahhas.

Sounds like I need a rice cooker!

PamperedMelanie said:
I do the chocolate lava cake at every single show in my rice cooker. I have done it for 9 minutes (then let it sit for 20) at every one and it has always come out great. The rice cooker is my #1 sold item just because of the cakes and it has a great WOW factor, everyone can't believe it!

What wattage microwave are you basing the 9 minutes on? 1000 or higher? You let it sit in the rice cooker after for 20 minutes and then invert it? Just trying to make sure I get it right. I made one once but forgot.

I have no idea what wattage it is. Like I said I make them at all shows and I am sure everyones microwaves are different.
I cook them for 10 minutes, then take the lid off and put my plate on top and turn it out right away. It is steamy when I take it out but it cools a little before everyone eats it. It is still pretty warm when people are eating it.
I normally make 2 recipes at the show--1 before everyone gets there and then I finish one during the show, but I bring the ingredients for the rice cooker cake and make that first during the demo and then finish the other recipe. So people are eating 3 different things.

nicki25 said:
I have no idea what wattage it is. Like I said I make them at all shows and I am sure everyones microwaves are different.
I cook them for 10 minutes, then take the lid off and put my plate on top and turn it out right away. It is steamy when I take it out but it cools a little before everyone eats it. It is still pretty warm when people are eating it.
I normally make 2 recipes at the show--1 before everyone gets there and then I finish one during the show, but I bring the ingredients for the rice cooker cake and make that first during the demo and then finish the other recipe. So people are eating 3 different things.

Thanks Nicki. I was just wondering about Melanie's 20 minutes of waiting and what the difference was now. I guess letting it cool a bit is the best idea. I will experiment.

nicki25 said:
It has always come out everytime I have done it. Occassionally there is a microwave that cooks a little hotter and it will kind of spit out the top through the holes, but I just stop the microwave and then start it a minute or so later. But, I have always had it come out and the "lava" goes down the side and everyone oos and ahhas.

So the top of your cake (the top, once it is inverted) comes out perfectly square? Mine sometimes has a "sinking" spot...I think where the frosting sunk to. Maybe I need the rice cooker too!

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake...
bake the cake at home, take it to the show and finish it there.

I did that tonight.

Another vote for Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake! Also, there is a similar recipe in the Una Muestra (you can see it online in English). It is used with white cake mix instead of Chocolate and the glaze is evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Then you frost with cool whip and use EAD. Sprinkle with Cinnamon then do a strawberry fan for middle. I think it has almonds on top, too. Tres Leches Cake...mmmmm Here it is...

It says to use Deep Dish Baker but I use skillet.

Attachments

• MEXICAN CAKEPastel de Tres Leches (Three-Milk Cake).txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 222

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gidgetmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gidgetmarie
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies