1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Good problem to have but need advice...

1. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

OK so it is looking like my only (so far) Jan show is going to be kick but! Over 20 yesses and already over 200 in sales. Now I offer my hosts a yummy desert if they have 200 in outside orders before the show. heres my Q... I am making the potato chowder (anyone have an outline I can borrow?) I don't really want to bring another heavy stone, and it needs to be cheep and easy. My brain is mush as I am getting over a horrible cold (oh please be gone by Saturday!).

So,...... any suggestions?

Jan 7, 2010
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake!

Comfort dessert to go with the Comfort soup!:D

Or do the Rice Cooker Cake - cheap and easy!

Jan 7, 2010
  3. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

make it easy and do the micro cake in the rice cooker , and also make the garlic bites in the small saute pan
    Not expensive for both Cookware to show I sell alot when they see it goes in the oven ( bookings too ) and the cake is so easy

4. etteluap70PC

I was thinking of the skillet cake... it's always a big wow. Would you bake it there? Would you bring a platter too?

I have not had luck with the rice cooker cakes. They look terrible... must be doing something wrong. Tips?

I sound like such a newbie but I am trying to have WOW's without making my job look hard.

Jan 7, 2010
  5. ChefBeckyD

LOL - I don't like the rice cooker cakes, but other people do, so I suggested it.

I'd bring the cake mixed up, but put it in the oven before people arrive, so they smell it baking....and then pull it out and flip it on a platter in front of them. THAT is the WOW factor with the skillet cakes, IMO.

Jan 7, 2010
  6. etteluap70PC

Have you ever done it in the 10"? The 12' is so big and heavy...

I am such a whiner today... :p

Jan 7, 2010
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I didn't do the Turtle Fudge Skillet in the 10", but I did do the Pineapple Upside down cake in the 10" skillet. I didn't have any problem (and it was just a cake-mix recipe too). If you aren't sure, just leave out a cup or so of batter. That'd probably be fine. Now- I was using the SS 10", so I made sure to lube it up well enough :) - and I don't know if the sides are deeper or not compared to the non-stick.

Jan 7, 2010
  8. ChefBeckyD

Suck it up, Paulette! :p

And no, I've never tried to make it the 10" - sorry, can't help you there!

Jan 7, 2010
  9. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

There you go being mean again. :p

Jan 7, 2010
  10. etteluap70PC

LOL Thanks Ladies!

gotta love tough love!

11. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

I make it in the 10 inch all the time it comes out nice and high , I think the 12 inch ia too thin , I make it home and have it on the platter then just decorate it there . The only problem I have with that kind of dessert is everyon is on a diet in January and no one wants to eat it

12. etteluap70PC

So I'm a bit worried I will not have enough even for everyone to sample of the potato soup. Should I make an extra batch here at home and bring it?

The host decided on the chocolate cake, tried to get her to do the pineapple since I have most of the ingredients but oh well....

Have something to add?