• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Problem to Have but Need Advice...

In summary, the host decided on the chocolate cake, tried to get her to do the pineapple since I have most of the ingredients but oh well....
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
OK so it is looking like my only (so far) Jan show is going to be kick but! Over 20 yesses and already over 200 in sales. Now I offer my hosts a yummy desert if they have 200 in outside orders before the show. heres my Q... I am making the potato chowder (anyone have an outline I can borrow?) I don't really want to bring another heavy stone, and it needs to be cheep and easy. My brain is mush as I am getting over a horrible cold (oh please be gone by Saturday!).

So,...... any suggestions?

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake!Comfort dessert to go with the Comfort soup!:DOr do the Rice Cooker Cake - cheap and easy!

make it easy and do the micro cake in the rice cooker , and also make the garlic bites in the small saute pan
Not expensive for both Cookware to show I sell alot when they see it goes in the oven ( bookings too ) and the cake is so easy

I was thinking of the skillet cake... it's always a big wow. Would you bake it there? Would you bring a platter too?

I have not had luck with the rice cooker cakes. They look terrible... must be doing something wrong. Tips?

I sound like such a newbie but I am trying to have WOW's without making my job look hard.

etteluap70PC said:
I was thinking of the skillet cake... it's always a big wow. Would you bake it there? Would you bring a platter too?

I have not had luck with the rice cooker cakes. They look terrible... must be doing something wrong. Tips?

I sound like such a newbie but I am trying to have WOW's without making my job look hard.

LOL - I don't like the rice cooker cakes, but other people do, so I suggested it.

I'd bring the cake mixed up, but put it in the oven before people arrive, so they smell it baking....and then pull it out and flip it on a platter in front of them. THAT is the WOW factor with the skillet cakes, IMO.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I don't like the rice cooker cakes, but other people do, so I suggested it.I'd bring the cake mixed up, but put it in the oven before people arrive, so they smell it baking....and then pull it out and flip it on a platter in front of them. THAT is the WOW factor with the skillet cakes, IMO.
Have you ever done it in the 10"? The 12' is so big and heavy...I am such a whiner today... :p

etteluap70PC said:
Have you ever done it in the 10"? The 12' is so big and heavy...

I am such a whiner today... :p

I didn't do the Turtle Fudge Skillet in the 10", but I did do the Pineapple Upside down cake in the 10" skillet. I didn't have any problem (and it was just a cake-mix recipe too). If you aren't sure, just leave out a cup or so of batter. That'd probably be fine. Now- I was using the SS 10", so I made sure to lube it up well enough :) - and I don't know if the sides are deeper or not compared to the non-stick.

etteluap70PC said:
Have you ever done it in the 10"? The 12' is so big and heavy...

I am such a whiner today... :p

Suck it up, Paulette! :p

And no, I've never tried to make it the 10" - sorry, can't help you there!

ChefBeckyD said:
Suck it up, Paulette! :p

And no, I've never tried to make it the 10" - sorry, can't help you there!

There you go being mean again. :p

LOL Thanks Ladies!

gotta love tough love!

I make it in the 10 inch all the time it comes out nice and high , I think the 12 inch ia too thin , I make it home and have it on the platter then just decorate it there . The only problem I have with that kind of dessert is everyon is on a diet in January and no one wants to eat it

So I'm a bit worried I will not have enough even for everyone to sample of the potato soup. Should I make an extra batch here at home and bring it?

The host decided on the chocolate cake, tried to get her to do the pineapple since I have most of the ingredients but oh well....

1. How do I handle too many orders at once?

Having too many orders at once can be overwhelming, but it's also a good sign that your business is thriving. Some tips to manage this situation include prioritizing orders based on deadlines, outsourcing some tasks to other employees or contractors, and setting realistic expectations with your customers about turnaround times. It may also be helpful to invest in tools or resources that can help streamline your order fulfillment process.

2. What should I do if I can't keep up with demand for a popular product?

If one of your products is in high demand and you're struggling to keep up, it's important to communicate with your customers and set realistic expectations. Consider implementing a backorder system or limiting the number of orders you accept for that product to ensure you can fulfill them in a timely manner. You may also want to consider expanding your production capabilities or finding ways to increase efficiency in your production process.

3. How do I handle a sudden increase in sales?

A sudden increase in sales can be exciting, but it can also be challenging to manage. It's important to have a plan in place for handling this type of situation, such as having additional inventory on hand or hiring temporary help. You may also want to consider adjusting your marketing and advertising efforts to maintain a steady flow of sales rather than experiencing sudden spikes. Make sure to also communicate with your customers about any potential delays or changes in fulfillment times.

4. What should I do if I'm struggling to keep up with demand during peak seasons?

During peak seasons, it's common for businesses to experience a surge in sales and demand. To prepare for this, it's important to plan ahead and have a strategy in place. This may include increasing your inventory levels, hiring temporary help, or extending your production hours. It's also important to communicate with your customers about any potential delays or changes in fulfillment times. After the peak season, take time to evaluate your processes and make adjustments for the following year.

5. How do I maintain quality and customer satisfaction while handling a large volume of orders?

When dealing with a large volume of orders, it's important to prioritize quality and customer satisfaction. This may mean setting limits on the number of orders you can accept, implementing quality control measures, or hiring additional help to maintain quality standards. Communication with your customers is also key – make sure to keep them updated on any potential delays or changes to their order. Remember, maintaining a good reputation for quality and customer service is essential for the long-term success of your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maragib
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies