• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto

In summary, the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto from page 14 of the new F/W SBRC was very good, but probably not very inexpensive. Asiago and mascarpone cheese, 2 pkgs pre-cooked rice and lots of fresh veggies make it a great way to eat veggies and rice. Anyone else try this recipe?
JAE
Made the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto from page 14 of the new F/W SBRC. It was very good, but probably not very inexpensive. Asiago and mascarpone cheese, 2 pkgs pre-cooked rice and lots of fresh veggies. It's a great way to eat veggies and rice, though. Anyone else try this?

I make this all the time for dinner -it's a regular favorite of ours! It came out a few seasons ago, and I did it for some shows, but only those that I could do in the kitchen by the range top. I love this recipe and can buy the ingredients and prepare it without the recipe now, which is saying a lot - I usually need a recipe all the time!! ;)

I realized that I only added one bag of rice. Oops! No wonder it was a little runny! Still tasted good, but a bowl would have worked better. :)

A little off topic, but the baked parmesan risotto in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook is really good!

I feel silly asking but is pre cooked rice like Rice a roni or something?

krzymomof4 said:
I feel silly asking but is pre cooked rice like Rice a roni or something?
It's totally cooked and flavored...just have to heat it up to eat it. You will find it *by* the Rice a roni and such....but it's not the same.

PS- you can make your own rice if you don't care for the pre-cooked! Use our rice cooker!

Like Lipton?

I know that Uncle Ben's Ready Rice is one brand, and Rice a Roni has a version, too. They're pouches of moist rice that only require a minute or two in the microwave to be ready to eat.

oh, cool. Can ya tell I don't eat rice....reminds me of maggots YUK

krzymomof4 said:
oh, cool. Can ya tell I don't eat rice....reminds me of maggots YUK
Then, you certainly want to cook your own in the rice cooker! The pre-cooked stuff looks more like you-know-what :yuck: than if you make your own or make Minute Rice!

I love the rice cooker. I use it almost daily. I cook the veggies in it too!

Sorry for slightly OT!:balloon:

I am glad this recipe is back. It is soooo YUMMY! What could be bad about a recipe with mascarpone cheese! This is one of my family's favorites

What else can I use the other half of mascarpone cheese for? Any ideas?

JAE said:
Made the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto... Anyone else try this?

This is one of my FAVORITES! I love it and it's so easy! I also throw in extra onions for extra flavor.

JAE said:
Tiramisu!

Or the mascarpone potatoes in the 29-minute cookbook.

I did this recipe alot when it came out. If you want to to do it more, but can't do it on your host's range top then just go buy a little portable burner from Wal-Mart. It only cost me $7.88 (I also keep an extension cord in my rolling case). Well worth the investment. I am no longer limited by the accomodations.

JAE said:

I have absolutely no idea what mascarpone cheese is, but can you freeze the other half?

What ingredients are needed for Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto?

To make Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup Arborio rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

How long does it take to make Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto?

Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto takes approximately 25 minutes to make from start to finish. This includes prep time and cooking time.

Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of frozen mixed vegetables you prefer in this recipe. Some options include peas, carrots, corn, and green beans.

Do I need to stir the risotto constantly while cooking?

No, you do not need to stir constantly. However, it is important to stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian option. The risotto will have a slightly different flavor, but it will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedchristine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg