• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Apple Crisp Recipe??? for the Dcb???

Hey - we all do it!:thumbup: I just was too lazy to repost the info!;)I do the apple crisp at most shows this time of the year and have for 8 years. It is wonderful. I use the deep dish baker. For the cake topping I use a regular size box of cake mix and add a melted half stick of butter, this will make it crumbly. I stick it in the microwave for 12 minutes. I also tell everyone that if they would like it to be more crunchy than they can do it in the oven for about 45 minutes on 350. They all agree it is great in the microwave. I always get the hostess to buy an extra apple and
lilscrapmama
Please share...specific details, never made it before...thanks!

I know...sounds yum!

I wonder if you can bake this in any other stoneware? I am needing something for in the microwave and I do not have the DCB but I have alot of the other stoneware.

The quick apple crisp was written for the Deep Dish Baker originally, so you absolutely can do it in that.This is the Quick Apple Crisp recipe. Quick Apple Crisp5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half crosswise. Place apples in a deep dish baker.2. Microwave butter on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping, if desired.Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g

Thanks, sound delicious!

I love this recipe! It's so yummy! I use the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle in the topping too for added flavor! YUM!

cant picture it?Thanks Ann! I just cant picture what its supposed to look like? And not all the cake ingridents are used?

Does the cake mix rise or anything? Or is it basically apples w/ a topping? Sorry so many weird questions.

should I spray the DCB? Is it going to get full after putting all that? Can it be cooked in the microwave??

:rolleyes: lots of questions, I know...sorry:blushing:

It's an apple CRISP, so it is just basically apples with a topping. That's right that you don't use the ingredients that you would normally add to cake mix to make cake - you're basically using the mix as pre-measured flour and sugar. Please note that it's a 9 oz. cake mix, too. That's the Jiffy size. If your DCB isn't well seasoned, I'd spray it with a little oil. Supposedly you can do it in the microwave, but I don't have details about that because I haven't done it.

I've never done the Quick Apple Crisp in the microwave but I have done Moms Apple Crisp crisp a gazillion times in the microwave. It turns out excellent every time and yes, this can be made in the DCB. The recipe is in All the Best.

chefruthie said:
I've never done the Quick Apple Crisp in the microwave but I have done Moms Apple Crisp crisp a gazillion times in the microwave. It turns out excellent every time and yes, this can be made in the DCB. The recipe is in All the Best.

This is also the one I use.......and I have been handing out recipe cards (that I made at Vistaprint) with Mom's Apple Crisp on it - to be made in the DCB......

I like this Apple Crisp WAY better than the cake one, and it was specially formulated for the Microwave - perfect every time, and ready, from start to finish, in about 20 minutes!

Has anyone tried the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe in the Deep Covered Baker?

kearstin said:
Has anyone tried the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe in the Deep Covered Baker?

See the two posts before yours!:D ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
See the two posts before yours!:D ;)
Ooops :eek: Sorry - it's the lack of caffeine!

kearstin said:
Ooops :eek: Sorry - it's the lack of caffeine!

Hey - we all do it!:thumbup: I just was too lazy to repost the info!;)

I do the apple crisp at most shows this time of the year and have for 8 years. It is wonderful. I use the deep dish baker. For the cake topping I use a regular size box of cake mix and add a melted half stick of butter, this will make it crumbly. I stick it in the microwave for 12 minutes. I also tell everyone that if they would like it to be more crunchy than they can do it in the oven for about 45 minutes on 350. They all agree it is great in the microwave.
I always get the hostess to buy an extra apple and after I use the a/p/c/s I seperate the apple slices and lay on a platter and take a box of strawberry jello, pour it into the flour/sugar shaker and shake the dry jello over the apples and pass around the platter for them to sample. It is amazing.
Would be great also to drizzle the slices with caramel and then add the caramel sprinkles over the top and pass around.
Crystal

Related to Quick Apple Crisp Recipe??? for the Dcb???

1. Can I use any type of apples for the Quick Apple Crisp recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for this recipe. However, tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp are recommended for the best flavor.

2. How long does it take to make the Quick Apple Crisp?

The preparation time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the baking time is approximately 30 minutes. So, in total, it should take around 45 minutes to make the Quick Apple Crisp.

3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by substituting all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour or a combination of almond flour and oat flour.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Quick Apple Crisp ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator before baking. When ready to serve, simply bake it for the recommended time or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.

5. Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

Yes, you can use different types of fruit for this recipe, such as peaches, berries, or pears. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and spices accordingly to complement the fruit you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • chefa