• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions, Questions, Questions

or just go to the PO on my day off and drop it off. I do not send recipes with my products, only if someone asks.
CarrieB
Gold Member
I have three questions. I am trying to make things run more smooth. My first is how do you do your postage for little things to customers. Through the post office or do you have a home stamp printer. Also do you send recipes with every product? I know there are recipes to go with stoneware and micro cake but anything else? Also my director told me that you could cook ground beef and make puppy chow (for humans) does anyone have this recipe?

I send everything through the post office, then save the reciepts for tax time. I send recipes only if the guest requested it, or I told then I would to entice them to buy a product. I also mention that PC sends a recipe on the use and care card of almost every product. I have never heard that about puppy chow for humans though...

I have a file of dog treat recipes but I don't think they are ment for humans to eat.

I buy my regular postage ($.39) in rolls through the post office and use it only for my business, saving my receipts for tax time. For my hostess packets and anything I send that is more than regular postage, I use my DYMO LabelWriter. You can purchase postage online and print out whatever increment stamp you need. For example, my hostess packets are usually the flat rate ($4.05 I think) so I just print out that stamp. It works great and saves me from going to the post office to get special postage all the time! I also use the same DYMO LabelWriter to print off my address labels for any correspondance with my customers. It looks really professional and takes just a second. I love my DYMO!

Puppy chowWell I found the recipe. It is very yummy and I think you can melt the chocolate, butter and peanut butter then add the vanilla and chex mix. Then shake it up and add the powdered sugar. You just might have to make a smaller batch to make it fit.

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

I go to the post office for my mailing. I really do not mail alot though. I normally deliver my host packet and meet with the host.

I have a sheet with my contact info on that I put about 3 recipes on and I staple that to the reciepts. That way they get recipes but I do not have to put them to correspond with what they ordered. And they may want to order what these recipes use if they do not have it already!!

I have never heard of the puppy chow.

More recipes for ricecookerWell I was searching the internet and found out that tupperware has a microwave steam cooker kind of like the rice cooker except there is a colender. Here are the recipies that it came with I don't know if it would be exactly the same but I think can be adapted. See what you think.

View attachment Micro Cooker.doc

I have never heard of that recipe being called puppy chow, it is on the chex box and it is called Chex Muddy Buddies. That is the yummiest messiest thing I have ever had though!!

Ooooh, my grandma makes puppy chow all the time! Yum-o:)
I also just go to my friendly post office to mail everything, and save all receipts for tax time. I don't send recipes unless someone needs an idea. I try to promote the cookbooks!

I've been making "People Puppy Chow" for years. It's a favorite at bake sales. Thanks for sharing the recipe - it needed to be revived.

I go to the post office most of the time for mailing. Like all I save my recipts for tax time. I did invest in a scale for about $30.00 so I can know exactly what postage is when I am mailing a catolog or host recipts. I got tired of guessing. Works good since I usually have .39$ and .24$ stamps on hand. Most of the things I mail are a combination of these denominations.
I have thought of doing the Dymo thing but my PO says anything over 1lb (host Pkts) needs to be walked in the PO or I can schedule a pick up but there is a charge.
I live in a fairly small town so I can usually time my trip so it is not a busy time, and I try to go without my kids or just 1 to save my sanity.......

I had never heard of People Puppy chow till I mooved to MN. My inlaws make it at the holidays. I don't even know if I have tried it but everyone else LOVES it! Especially the kids!!

I make my puppy chow with the Multi-Grain Chex, and dark chocolate chips - and then I tell everyone it's health food!:D
Why are you laughing:confused: It IS health food!

PUPPY CHOW RULES! I am sooo making it tonight!

I keep a variety of stamps on hand for PC use only. Your post office should have a booklet that details the mailing rates for most everything you'll need to send. I use a digital kitchen scale for weighing. (It was inexpensive and is fairly accurate. If I have anything that's right on the line, though, I have the post office double-check for me.)

For my host kits and such, if I can't deliver in person I use the USPS website. You can order supplies there, but my favorite feature is Click & Ship. It's great! I can print labels with postage at 2 a.m. in my jammies. I can even arrange for the post office to pick up my packages at my home. You can't send first-class, though. I believe it's only priority or express mail. The great thing though, besides being able to work in my jammies, is that you get free package tracking. This allows me to see when the package was delivered. I give my host a day or two, then I call to see if she (or he) has any questions.

I love the USPS webite. It will keep my addresses for me, so repeat hosts or customers are easier to handle. It even keeps track of my postage for me for tax time. Just go to usps.com.

gilliandanielle said:
I have never heard of that recipe being called puppy chow, it is on the chex box and it is called Chex Muddy Buddies. That is the yummiest messiest thing I have ever had though!!

That is what I know it as also, I make this every year around the holidays. It goes so fast by the time I put together goody plates for neighbors and family, and the hubby and kids get into it I usually make about 5 batches all at the same time.

Oh and I forgot to add earlier that I go to the post office once a week, usually on Mondays.

Postage and Puppy chowI also go to the post office but I like the usps website idea and the deyno label maker idea! they could save me time and gas! I had never heard of puppy chow until last year around thanksgiving, when my mom go the recipe from someone that she works with and let me tell you that stuff is sooooo good that not only did my kids love it but all of us adults loved it to! Great treat when you have a big family get together.:rolleyes:

Related to Questions, Questions, Questions

What is "Questions, Questions, Questions"?

"Questions, Questions, Questions" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features a wide range of recipes and cooking tips from our top consultants.

How many recipes are included in "Questions, Questions, Questions"?

There are over 100 recipes included in "Questions, Questions, Questions" for every meal of the day, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and more.

Can I customize the recipes in "Questions, Questions, Questions"?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Questions, Questions, Questions" are customizable to fit your dietary restrictions and preferences. You can also adjust the serving sizes to accommodate different sized groups.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan recipes in "Questions, Questions, Questions"?

Yes, there is a section dedicated to vegetarian and vegan recipes in "Questions, Questions, Questions". We also provide substitutes for common ingredients to make the recipes vegan-friendly.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to purchase "Questions, Questions, Questions"?

No, "Questions, Questions, Questions" is available for purchase by anyone. However, if you are interested in becoming a consultant and learning more about our products and recipes, please contact us for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • confusedturtle