• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question for Those With Lapboards...

In summary, the lapboards are a good option for displaying content, but people tend to walk off with them if they are not careful. Andrea provides a high show challenge sheet that encourages people to host their own cooking or catalog shows in order to beat the high show total.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I just switched to using lapboards. What I was doing was leaving the folders with catalog, order form and survey slips on the chairs. Now that I use the lapboards I'm not sure what I should do. I had a show Friday and left some on the empty chairs with catalog and order form and a few extras off to the side.

How do you distribute them? Do you have them in a pile, leave them on chairs? When do you give out the receipts and/or the catalogs? Do you think there is a better way?

Let me know how it turns out with the lapboards. I found that with folders guests have a tendency of walking out with them. Which is not bad if they are going to use the information but it they are tossing it, talk about lossing money.

Thanks,
Andrea Martinez-Ayala

I used to use folders and have just switched to lapboards. They are heavier and take up more space, but I like using them. They don't walk off. Now, people ask me if they can take the information instead of just leaving with it.

I go over the order form and specials before I hand out the lapboards. I point out the Round-Up and how everything is arranged on the order form. Then while they are passing the boards and pens around I discuss the Heart mold.

I don't like them to have the catalog before I get started because then they are never paying attention. And because I also do an interactive game at my shows the guests tend to listen to me and I am looking at their faces and not the top of their heads. I always give them about 20 minutes or so to just browse through the catalog to finalize their orders.

I always go through the intros of the guests and my intro as well, plus the host and guest specials...then I give out the lapboards and pens. This way I know that they are listening to me and not looking at the catalogs.

I just have a pile of lapboards, but I put the papers in the order I want them to see it. At my show yesterday I had the recipe on top, my high show challenge sheet, catalog, then order form on the bottom. While I was doing my demo people were watching and reading the recipe. Then when I finished I explained the high show challenge, then they ordered. I have found that most people pay attention and don't scurry to the catalog, but some do, and they are pretty much decided on what they are going to buy anyway. My show yesterday had 5 guests and I sold USGs to 4 of them!! I am thinking about calling the fifth and offering her 10% off one!! LOLGillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

gilliandanielle said:
I just have a pile of lapboards, but I put the papers in the order I want them to see it. At my show yesterday I had the recipe on top, my high show challenge sheet, catalog, then order form on the bottom. While I was doing my demo people were watching and reading the recipe. Then when I finished I explained the high show challenge, then they ordered. I have found that most people pay attention and don't scurry to the catalog, but some do, and they are pretty much decided on what they are going to buy anyway. My show yesterday had 5 guests and I sold USGs to 4 of them!! I am thinking about calling the fifth and offering her 10% off one!! LOL

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Can you share your high show challenge sheet please? Thanks

I ordered catalog bags from Nancy's Artwork and as a free gift I got red postcard size sheets that say:
Invite your friends and take the challenge!
CAN YOU BEAT THIS?
Host a cooking or catalog show and beat a High Show Total of $______ and I'll award you __________.
We're always whipping up something new in the kitchen!I filled in my high show total and as my reward I am going to give them a PC shirt from VIP. It seemed to get people excited, but I did it for the first time yesterday with a group of women who just hosted for me. I am stuck in one group and they are getting tired of buying, but all want their turn to host. I keep telling them to invite people not in this group but they never do! I am hoping that the High Show Challenge will encourage them to invite more people that I haven't sold to so they can boost their totals!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Chef Kearns said:
I don't like them to have the catalog before I get started because then they are never paying attention. And because I also do an interactive game at my shows the guests tend to listen to me and I am looking at their faces and not the top of their heads. I always give them about 20 minutes or so to just browse through the catalog to finalize their orders.

When do you give out the catalogs? I agree the boards are heavier, but people don't assume they're parting gifts like they did with the folders.

1. What are lapboards used for in the kitchen?

Lapboards are used as a portable work surface in the kitchen. They provide a flat and stable surface for chopping, mixing, and preparing food.

2. Are lapboards safe to use with hot dishes?

Yes, our lapboards are made with heat-resistant material and are safe to use with hot dishes. However, we recommend using caution and not placing extremely hot dishes directly on the lapboard for an extended period of time.

3. Can lapboards be used as serving trays?

Yes, lapboards can also be used as serving trays for food and drinks. Just make sure to clean them thoroughly before and after use.

4. Are lapboards easy to clean?

Yes, our lapboards are designed for easy cleaning. They can be wiped down with a damp cloth or washed with warm soapy water. Do not put them in the dishwasher.

5. Can lapboards be used for outdoor cooking and dining?

Yes, lapboards are versatile and can be used for both indoor and outdoor cooking and dining. They are great for picnics, barbecues, and camping trips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
texaschef
Replies