• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question for All You Experts Out There...

In summary, many people keep their PC stuff in the kitchen and only bring what they need for a particular show. Some people keep all their PC stuff in the kitchen and have duplicates to use in the kitchen. Some people keep their PC stuff in a tote and take it to shows.
mama2emma
Gold Member
And I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm posting it here. How many of you keep all your PC stuff in the kitchen, and just load it up for a show, and how many of you keep stuff in your show kit, and have duplicates to use in your kitchen?

I thought I'd try to keep as much as possible in the tote that came with my intro kit, but I've been back and forth to it as I'm practicing recipes. Now I'm thinking of keeping it all in my kitchen, and just loading my tote with what I need for a particular show.

What works for you?

kit stays packed in the car---

My stuff goes back in forth (although if I had more duplicates I'd keep a kit packed up).

I have a few duplicates of things I always want in my kit, but need continually for use at home (scrapers, easy read measuring cups, etc.). The newer stuff, I put on my kitchen counter for a couple of weeks so I can use it, then I put it in my kit and work from there. I do take things out of my kit to use in my kitchen occasionally, but I generally don't get really used to "needing" something until it's been removed from my kit.

My kit stays together under the kitchen desk we have (when I had the crate it was on my countertop) . I have dups of things in my kitchen. My TTA does go on my counter top then I just bag it up for shows. Makes it easier for me not having to go digging through drawers and keeping track of what I need for a show.

Last edited:
I have all my tools in my TTA and that goes in a tote for shows now, when not in 'service' the TTA sits on my counter in a space I had to clear for it (I got rid of my other tool holder of course).

As for the large things, I don't have the space to store most the rest of it so it stays in the tote and hangs out in the living room. I'm working on only bringing the big tote, the TTA tote and my briefcase so I'm not carrying too much or too heavy. Though with the stones.... well, I took too many the last show... 9 folks, 7 orders and only one ordered a stone.. so I broke my back for nothing - live n learn. :rolleyes:

Everything is in my kitchen. I make a list of the things I need for my show and my kids help my pack up. It lets them help with my business. I do have some duplicates that stay packed, but I find it much easier to just pack up the things I need and then put them away in their proper spot when I get home.

PC web siteIs anyone having trouble getting the PC website tonight? I had something say 'broken link". I have never had this happen.:confused:

I wish I had the money to fully stock my kitchen with duplicates, but being new, I just load up my tote when I have a show to do. Unfortunately I haven't had as many shows as I've wanted yet, so it's not too bad to re-load each time. Once I start having as many shows as I like, hopefully I'll be able to have some duplicates and just leave things packed.

I have much of my tote packed since I don't use all of it daily. I have a lot of duplicate (or "old style" tools) in my kitchen. Everything else is in my office. I am fortunate enough to have a closet full of shelving to place everything on. Like my own little store. It's handy to just go in and grab whatever I need without taking up the entire kitchen. So...I do a little of both.I have a friend that leaves everything in her van, including products that she won't bring it. Then if someone really wants to see a certain product, she can go out to her van and get it!

Everything is in my kitchen. I make a list, load in bag, take to show, and straight to dishwasher when I get home. (at shows) I brag about not having to keep stock and that I'm able to use what's in my own kitchen. It's an attractive feature for those who do not have the space.

One of my biggest challenges is to pack lighter. No matter how light I think I
am packing for a show, it takes several trips into the Show site. Generally,
the hostess or a husband or teenager give me a hand. That may be why I
have not had any local recruits, I have been told. It looks like too much work. When I have left items in the car in case someone wants to see an item, it makes the hauling easier. Invaribly my hostess will give me a list of
products that she or someone who is coming want to see. Unfortunately, those products are not necessarily what I am using for my demo.

I have many duplicates of items in my Starter Kit but do not keep a crate packed and used exclusively for Shows. We have an RV, and the duplicates are ones I just keep in the RV for the shows I do while we are traveling. So, it is not unusual for me to be home, and have to go out to the RV for a prized favorite tool that I have only one of. My problem is loving many of the
tools we have discontinued, and having to weed them out of my two TTA's
before taking the TTA to a Show. I try to differentiate by putting the discontinued items in the White TTA, and the current tools in the black TTA.

Most of my stuff stays right in my kit - I have dups of pretty much everything - the only things I pull from my kitchen is Host or Guest specials that don't stay in my kit and I only bring to promote that month and the next - except in March and September - Then I always bring an extra bag filled with MY favorite goodies from the new selling season - I sometimes bring a "preview" if I have the items and a show at the END of the month - Like My Feb 25 and 29 shows this year - My new favs for March will be coming along for the ride - nothing entices bookings better then the real thing!

Grandmarita said:
One of my biggest challenges is to pack lighter. No matter how light I think I
am packing for a show, it takes several trips into the Show site. Generally,
the hostess or a husband or teenager give me a hand. That may be why I
have not had any local recruits, I have been told. It looks like too much work. When I have left items in the car in case someone wants to see an item, it makes the hauling easier. Invaribly my hostess will give me a list of
products that she or someone who is coming want to see. Unfortunately, those products are not necessarily what I am using for my demo.

I have many duplicates of items in my Starter Kit but do not keep a crate packed and used exclusively for Shows. We have an RV, and the duplicates are ones I just keep in the RV for the shows I do while we are traveling. So, it is not unusual for me to be home, and have to go out to the RV for a prized favorite tool that I have only one of. My problem is loving many of the
tools we have discontinued, and having to weed them out of my two TTA's
before taking the TTA to a Show. I try to differentiate by putting the discontinued items in the White TTA, and the current tools in the black TTA.

I HAD THIS BRING THE ITEMS I NEED FOR THE DEMO, MY TOP FAVORITE ITEMS, THOSE "OMG I LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT" ITEMS, HOST AND GUEST SPECIALS FOR THAT MONTH AND THE NEXT AND ANY PARTICULAR ITEM THAT THE HOST REQUESTS - SO ITS A SHOW TO GO, CRATE AND TTA WITH MY STONEWARE BAG - I USUALLY MAKE IT IN 1 SOMETIMES 2 TRIPS TO MY CAR - TRY THIS - IF YOU HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT IT AT YOUR SHOW, AS YOU PACK UP - MAKE A MENTAL OR WRITTEN NOTE ABOUT IT - KEEP IT WITH YOUR PAPERWORK YOU BRING WITH YOU TO EACH SHOW - AFTER 3 SHOWS - DONT BRING IT - IT WORKED FOR ME AND THE LOAD IS SO MUCH LESS - BETTER FOR MY BACK TOO!!:)

I'm with Julie and Jewel...it's all in my kitchen to use and I pack up for my shows. I do have a duplicate can opener so DH won't kill me that he couldn't open a can in my absence :D

Now when I promote to director and get all the duplicates of the things I already earned...I'm not sure what I'll do. Any suggestions? How about the things that were retired? Do you sell them? Give 'em away? Anyone? Anyone? (don't you just love Ferris Beuller?...sorry, I digress)

I keep my rolling tote packed mostly w/new season products (linens, etc.) and things I bring to every show. Ex., chopper, SA, glazed stone, deep covered baker (a must - so many people want it when they see it) stainless 8" saute, 1.5 qt. Exec. skillet, lapboards, tablecloth, raffle tickets, gloves, cooling rack, lg. cutting board, folded up tote for dirty dishes, brown paper sack for trash, easy read measuring cups, batter bowl, prep bowls (2) and a clean towel. I also always have my TTA packed and use the carrier. I use the large carying bag (which fits on top of the rolling tote) for anything I need for the recipe that is not in my rolling case like a hot plate, family size skillet, Ultimate Mandoline, Cheese Grater, etc. or the monthly host special for current month or the next one. I also take a brief case with extra catalogs, order forms, calculators, bridal info., recuiting info., host packets, and flip chart. It seems like a lot, but I can usually do it in two trips.

Many of the products are in my kitchen, but a lot are in my garage on shelves. The door to my garage is right off the kitchen so it's easy access. I got a bakers rack at KMart (It is from Martha Stewart). I love it because I can adjust the height of the shelves. I purchased two of the old SA totes to store all of my SA pieces in. They are protected that way and I always know where to find them. My stoneware pieces are stacked using the old stoneware rack. I have an extra rolling tote I purchased from my old director that I use for booths. I have it packed w/things I like to take to them like a banner, bungie cords, brand new easy read measuring cups, chopper, stoneware, etc. I won a shopping spree at National Conf. so I have some duplicates. I like to take brand new items for my booths. It looks so clean and fresh that way. Plus if someone wants to take an item home I sell it to them and buy a new one. I have many other items in boxes in the garage. I still have some items from my shopping spree. I've been giving some things away for drawings at booths. It is nice I don't have to buy things for that.

Not sure this helps or not.

Last edited:
Alot stays in my kit in the Hall Closet. I just go and get things when I need them and then repack when I am ready for my show!!

The longer I am with PC, the less I have to take from my kitchen. As things are restyled/updated, I use the older versions in my kitchen, and keep the new versions for my kit. After this season, I will have a full set of Cranberry scrapers for my kitchen, and use the white ones (and new versions of cranberry) in my kit. I keep the Black TTA loaded with show tools, and the white TTA in my kitchen. Since all of the black tools were restyled this past season - I can now keep those separate too. It took a while, but I'm am starting to be able to enjoy having duplicates, and not having to search through my cupboards for products I need for shows!

I have a cabinet dedicated to PC products (I'm still fairly new, so they fit in one double cabinet!). I have a list pinned inside the door of what's where in the cabinet, and so packing is no problem at all!That being said, my goal is to have so many shows that packing and unpacking would be a hassle, and then I'll have to (and have the $$ to) get some duplicates of the smaller items to stay in the kit.

I have a few duplicates. I leave things in my tote until I need it. There are a few things I know I always take to shows, so it goes back into the tote when it's clean again. My Exec. 8" and stainless 8" stay in there because I have a professional saute. My RUFTH trivet stays. Oven mitts, cranberry trivet, and towels stay in the tote because I have old style duplicates to use at home.

I rarely do the same demo at any shows, unfortunately. I guess I just like to mix it up, and I really like to figure out what works best for each host. It would be pointless for me to leave the same products in my tote. I think it's a great idea, though.

I only take what I'm going to use in the demo and the host bonus of the month/s I'm trying to get bookings for. I also bring new products for the first month or so after they become new. I'm loving that I don't have to lug around any products for the February bonus. My tote has been so light (or is it "lite"?)

Last edited:
I have duplicates of everything so my kit always stays packed with the basics (starter kit). Then I have the tote with the 'display items' such as the current and upcoming host special, new favorites and guest special. Everything else I own that isn't in my kitchen is now in my new office closet. We built a new house this past summer and my office has a double door, 8 foot, 5 shelf closet. Under the bottom shelf I can put my rolling tote, crate, carry totes and TTA and tote and the shelves are organized according to season/use. Stoneware on one (what isn't in my kitchen - and it's FULL), tools on another, summer/entertaining and HWC on another, fall/winter and SA (carving board, DCB, carving set, etc and TONS of SA) on another, and extras on the top shelf.

So I just reload my display tote, pack my briefcase and away I go! Works for me :D

I have pretty much everything in my kitchen. I repack every show. Someday, I wouldn't mind having some duplicates, and I haven't quite got my packing down yet either.

Everything is in my kitchen, and I repack for every show.

As much as I would love to have lots of duplicates, I'm still pretty new and that won't happen any time soon. I try to list all of the items I will need for demo, and then any extras (DCB, for instance) that might bring in some good sales. My QSP has been a HUGE hit at every party, since I demo it for homemade Strawberry Lemonade, so I found a retired blue one that someone else was selling and bought it to keep at home. That's one of the few duplicates I do have. :) LOVE it!!! I just run down my list and stack everything I'll need on my kitchen counter the day before each show, and that way I know if anything needs to run through the dishwasher, etc. in plenty of time for the show. Then I pack it up. I'm gradually getting to the point where I can fit it all in my TTA tote, my rolling tote and an extra Rubbermaid tote (which carries my dirty dishes home beautifully). My rolling tote also has room for my laptop, catalogs, order forms, etc., so that works out nicely. :)

I have a lot of duplicates that stay in my kitchen. The rest of my stuff usually stays in my car unless I need it. Sometimes my tool turn about tote ends up in the kitchen. Every season I mark a catalog up with items I own, items I would like to own and items I want duplicates of so I can have one (or more) at all times in my kitchen.

I have a few duplicates however I take stuff out of my kitchen for my shows when needed depending on what recipe I am doing.

I have a large 6 ft high bakers rack that has all of my PC products on it, that way I can use them at home, have easy access to them to pack my kit and everyone that comes into my home can see everything(have had a few orders from this).

I've got some things that "live" in my kit. Many of the large items, of which I don't have duplicates, get shuffled as needed. Later this year I'm starting a kitchen remodel, and I plan on packing starter kit products in my kit and using that for shows, since most of my kitchen stuff will be stored until the kitchen is done. (Which is also why I'm having a mini-crisis about what samples to order - I hate passing up a bargain, but don't want to store the new things while we remodel.)

wadesgirl said:
I have a lot of duplicates that stay in my kitchen. The rest of my stuff usually stays in my car unless I need it. Sometimes my tool turn about tote ends up in the kitchen. Every season I mark a catalog up with items I own, items I would like to own and items I want duplicates of so I can have one (or more) at all times in my kitchen.

I used to do this every season too - it also helped me see how much I had when I didn't earn all of the new products, and was worried about not having them to show. I would mark up the catalog, and then be able to visualize that I had everything I needed for a great demo, even if I didn't purchase all of the new stuff. It helped me be wiser in my decisions about what samples to buy.

ChefBeckyD said:
I used to do this every season too - it also helped me see how much I had when I didn't earn all of the new products, and was worried about not having them to show. I would mark up the catalog, and then be able to visualize that I had everything I needed for a great demo, even if I didn't purchase all of the new stuff. It helped me be wiser in my decisions about what samples to buy.

I also started putting this past season in the black leather binder we got. I tore it apart and put them in clear sheets. This way if I'm on the phone with a customer, I have a catalog right in front of my face and don't have to worry about finding one (trust me, you should see my office!)

I have shelves out in the garage where stoneware and SA lives. I have a bookcase that is actually behind my couch that houses salad spinner, chilizzane, small tools in plastic tote box, batter bowls, quick stirs, etc. On top of that is the large round dot bowl and the large white bowl. Some of the tools are in a tool turnaround in the kitchen, and some in plastic boxes.

In my rolling tote: trifle bowl, cutting board, round up from heart trivet, linens, mandolin, and cookbooks.

Basically I have it everywhere!! I don't really have it in my kitchen cupboards, those were already filled when I started PC.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Question for All You Experts Out There..."?

1. What does the question refer to?
The question refers to the organization and storage of kitchen supplies and equipment for a cooking show. 2. Why is the question being asked?
The person asking the question is looking for advice and tips on how to efficiently store and transport their supplies for a cooking show. 3. Is this a common concern among cooking show experts?
Yes, many cooking show experts have different methods for organizing and storing their supplies for shows. 4. What are the potential benefits of keeping supplies in the kitchen versus in a show kit?
Keeping supplies in the kitchen allows for easy access and convenience for practicing recipes, while keeping them in a show kit allows for easy transportation and organization.5. What is the recommended approach?
The recommended approach may vary depending on personal preference and needs. It may be beneficial to have duplicates for both the kitchen and show kit, or to have a designated show kit with all necessary supplies. It ultimately depends on what works best for the individual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAmandaWason
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
caremmel
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookinwithrhonda