• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Files Section

In summary, the files in the "Files" sections are duplicated because people respond to questions and threads by uploading new copies of the files instead of linking to the existing files. Deleting the duplicates would make it difficult for members to find the files they are looking for.
Jennifer E
I was wondering why there are so many duplicate files in the "Files" sections? Any ideas? And can't the administrator of the site delete the duplicates? It is just frustrating to think you are getting ready to see something new and something old pops up!:confused:

I think it's because instead of putting LINKS to the already-existing files when someone replies to a question or thread, they just upload a new copy. It frustrates me too.
Don't know about clean-up. That would be a question for Greg or Deb in the admin thread.

Each time someone uploads the file into a post (instead of just linking to the one already here) it shows up in the files section as a new file. Deleting the duplicates would cause the link in whatever post the file is in to not work. Since so many members look through the threads to find what they need, it would be frustrating to them if the file they found in the thread doesn't work. How do you decide which post the file should be deleted from?

We can all help by not re-uploading files that are already here.

BTW...if someone wants to know HOW to link to a file instead of upload a new one, the way I do it is to:- find the file I want
- put my mouse/pointer over the link and then RIGHT CLICK.
- I select "Copy Link Location".
- then in the thread, you can then just paste the link or enter a Hyperlink (that's the globe/chain icon) and just paste that link into the field. Waaallaaaa! No duplicate and you still get the file. :)

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
- then in the thread, enter a Hyperlink (that's the globe/chain icon) and just paste that link into the field.

You don't even have to use the globe/chain ion, the forum will automatically create a link (unless you unchek the "automatically parse links" box).

NooraK said:
You don't even have to use the globe/chain ion, the forum will automatically create a link (unless you unchek the "automatically parse links" box).

yeah..that's true. I forgot that. :)

Ok, I understand. Maybe if everyone would name their files something original, it would help! That way we could at least be able to see which ones we have already seen. Like "Show Outline/Mary Smith" or something. I will have to remember that when/if I ever upload anything...just sayin'!

Related to Question About the Files Section

1. What type of files can be found in the Files section?

The Files section contains various types of files including recipes, product catalogs, training materials, and promotional materials.

2. Can I upload my own files to the section?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the ability to upload your own files to the section. This can be helpful for sharing personalized recipes or training materials with your team.

3. Are the files regularly updated?

Yes, the files in the section are regularly updated by the Pampered Chef team. This ensures that you have access to the most current and accurate information.

4. Can I access the files on my mobile device?

Yes, the files in the section can be accessed on both desktop and mobile devices. This allows for convenient access to materials while on the go.

5. How do I search for specific files in the section?

You can use the search bar at the top of the Files section to search for specific files by keyword or title. You can also use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow down your search by category, type, or date uploaded.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlennhoff
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • reagan_davis
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • nikked