1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about spoons - best tool to measure mustard in small amounts

1. avelissar

avelissar Member

Hi,

I have a slightly stupid question. I am making the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie tonight at a show, and I am at a loss as to what tool to use to measure the 2tbs of Dijon mustard, now that the adjustable measuring spoons have been discontinued. I loved those spoons because they would literally push out the mustard from the spoon. Our current spoons do not do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrea

Sep 19, 2009
  2. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I just use the adj. measuring spoons, they weren't discontinued, just restyled. Are you thinking of the adjustable measuring cups?

Sep 19, 2009
  3. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

No the easy adjustable spoon or whatever it's called was discontinued and I agree that it worked great for that. I'm not sure how many ounces 2Tbs is but you could use measure all cup maybe?

Sep 19, 2009
  4. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I really loved to spoons. I don't know why they discontinued them. My MIL just called me yesterday to order them, because she used mine when she was visiting and I was sad to tell her that she couldn't.

Sep 19, 2009
  5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

The easy adjustable one was that looked like a cup, but the regular adjustable measuring spoons have been around forever. I just use those...always have. After measuring I just dump then move the slider forward.

Sep 19, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I prefer the ones that were just discontinued. I have a REALLY old style of the model that is still available and never really cared for it. :( But I DID order the new ones because I didn't want to keep taking a discontinued model to my shows. So now I get to wait the FOUR weeks that it takes to get boxes here to Japan with PC's lovely "smart post" shipping method. [insert Jeopardy theme here]

Sep 19, 2009
  7. avelissar

avelissar Member

I am rather irked that the new spoons were not in our 'change box'. Sorry, do not know what it is called- the materials we get when we change seasons. I feel I was forced to buy the new ones, because I didn't want to use the discontinued ones anymore. :grumpy:

Oh well...

Sep 20, 2009
  8. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I just use the old one I had in my kit ... and if I do so at a show, I will simply say, "This was discontinued to make room for the new products .... maybe someday it will show up on the Outlet, where discontinued products get a new life. If you're interested in knowing what's on the outlet, you have to visit my web site, because it changes all the time ...."

Sep 21, 2009
Have something to add?