• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about spoons - best tool to measure mustard in small amounts

avelissar

Aug 19, 2008
Hi,

I have a slightly stupid question. I am making the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie tonight at a show, and I am at a loss as to what tool to use to measure the 2tbs of Dijon mustard, now that the adjustable measuring spoons have been discontinued. I loved those spoons because they would literally push out the mustard from the spoon. Our current spoons do not do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrea

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
I just use the adj. measuring spoons, they weren't discontinued, just restyled. Are you thinking of the adjustable measuring cups?

kcmckay

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2008
No the easy adjustable spoon or whatever it's called was discontinued and I agree that it worked great for that. I'm not sure how many ounces 2Tbs is but you could use measure all cup maybe?

littlemaisyPC

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2008
I really loved to spoons. I don't know why they discontinued them. My MIL just called me yesterday to order them, because she used mine when she was visiting and I was sad to tell her that she couldn't.

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
The easy adjustable one was that looked like a cup, but the regular adjustable measuring spoons have been around forever. I just use those...always have. After measuring I just dump then move the slider forward.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I prefer the ones that were just discontinued. I have a REALLY old style of the model that is still available and never really cared for it. :( But I DID order the new ones because I didn't want to keep taking a discontinued model to my shows. So now I get to wait the FOUR weeks that it takes to get boxes here to Japan with PC's lovely "smart post" shipping method. [insert Jeopardy theme here]

avelissar

Aug 19, 2008
I am rather irked that the new spoons were not in our 'change box'. Sorry, do not know what it is called- the materials we get when we change seasons. I feel I was forced to buy the new ones, because I didn't want to use the discontinued ones anymore. :grumpy:

Oh well...

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I just use the old one I had in my kit ... and if I do so at a show, I will simply say, "This was discontinued to make room for the new products .... maybe someday it will show up on the Outlet, where discontinued products get a new life. If you're interested in knowing what's on the outlet, you have to visit my web site, because it changes all the time ...."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
Replies
Views