• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about sales tax!!

DebbieSAChef

Jan 17, 2006
Hello everyone, I have an urgent question!! I have a show this Sat., really last minute, but I'm not complaining, just wanted to know something.
She wants to ship a gift to her mother who lives in Kansas. I checked shipping rates for special shipping and it is according to weight. So I got an amount anywhere from $6 to $9 to $14 depending on the weight. Anyway my question is this:
Do we charge her sales tax for here in TX (8.125%)? Or do we do sales tax for KS? Thanks, Debbie

Marg

Advanced Member
Jan 27, 2005
I would think that the TX rate applies - I mean she is purchasing the item in TX, right?

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Tax is charged for the location to where the product is being shipped.

Log on to the Consultant's Corner and do a tax lookup for the zip code in Kansas to verify the tax rate.

ChefLoriG

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2005
The direct shipping rate is based on the amount of the sale, not the weight. Sales tax is charged for where the item is being shipped to, in this case, Kansas.