• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Handle Sales Tax for Direct Shipping?

In summary, when doing direct ship, you need to charge the sales tax of where the order is being shipped to, not where the show is held. To change the tax rate in PP, mark the box for "special tax" and input the new rate in the pop-up box. If you are unsure of the tax rate, you can check in Consultants Corner. This is in line with the policy and procedure book, which states that the tax rate is determined by where the order is being shipped. Make sure to also include tax in the shipping and handling charges for web orders.
mandydollie
If I am doing direct ship, do I do the sales tax amount for where the show is, or where it's shipping to.

example: I'm running this fundraiser and our sales tax here is 7%. I've had several out of state orders where the tax rate is different. Which rate do I use? My PP is set up to charge 7% so if I am supposed to use the different rate, where do I change it in PP?

HELP...it's driving me crazy!

YOu charge the tax of where the show is held. 7%, in your case.

wonderful...thank you for your quick response!

No problem :D

You need to charge the tax to where the order is being shipped Ex: My host has a party here in NV and has a guest place an oder from UT and having it shipped to UT then you will need to charge that guest for the UT tax not NV To change the tax in PP there is a place that says special tax mark that box then a box will pop up that you need to input the new tax rate in.
If you are unsure of the tax rate you cna go to Consultants Corner to find out
I hope this all makes sense

so i'm getting conflicting stories...both of which make sense

Amanda according to the policy and procedure book it says
If a customer wants her order shipped to an address other the the host's, shipping and handling charges are applied according to the chart on the back of the sales reciept(ones you buy). In addition, the tax rate is determined by where the order is being shipped. it is on pg f-2
I hope this helps your confusion

Last edited:
marvelous!!! I went in and changed it! Thanks so much

no problem

Sorry :( I didn't know that. Now I do. :) LOVE this site!!! Sorry again, Amanda!!

no need to be sorry... we are all here to learn from each other!

If they do a web order you'll see that the tax is different. If PP is showing you a different amount then a web order make sure that you have shipping on "shipping and handling" charges correct. I was going crazy trying to figure out why mine was always off until I realized that I was not remembering to put in the tas on S&H when relevant.

1. What is "Should Probably Know This...."?

"Should Probably Know This...." is a cooking and kitchen tips blog created by Pampered Chef. It features helpful and informative articles, videos, and recipes for home cooks of all levels.

2. Who writes the content for "Should Probably Know This...."?

The content for "Should Probably Know This...." is written by a team of cooking and kitchen experts at Pampered Chef. They have years of experience in the culinary industry and are passionate about sharing their knowledge with others.

3. Are the recipes on "Should Probably Know This...." specific to Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes on "Should Probably Know This...." are not specific to Pampered Chef products. They are designed to be easily replicated using common kitchen tools and ingredients.

4. Is there a cost to access the content on "Should Probably Know This...."?

No, there is no cost to access the content on "Should Probably Know This....". It is completely free for anyone to browse and use the tips and recipes provided.

5. Can I submit my own tips or recipes to be featured on "Should Probably Know This...."?

Yes, Pampered Chef encourages readers to submit their own tips and recipes to be featured on "Should Probably Know This....". They are always looking for new and creative ideas to share with their audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltricarico
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies