• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Gift Cards a Common Alternative to Incentive Trips?

In summary, there is a discussion about the "gift card" option versus going on the trip for the incentive program with The Pampered Chef. It is confirmed that the gift card can be used for anything and there are examples of how others have used it for vacations or other purchases. The person speaking is torn between using the gift card or going on the trip to Miami for the upcoming year's incentive program. There is also a question about the first timers reception and if it is only available for level 3 trips.
pamela
has anyone ever taken the "gift card" versus going on the trip?

If so, is it just a VISA type credit card for you to use however you want?

I have. Taken it every year except 2005 (Disney).Last year it was a visa gift card that said "Congratulations on earning (incentive program) with The Pampered Chef". It was cute.In the past we got a gc we needed to redeem but keeping up with the times, we got a gift card last year and I'm guessing that would be the same way this year.

so then I could spend it on anything I want, right?

I am asking because I would like to take the family on a Disney Cruise (provided that the 2009 trip isn't one!) and we could use the $900 I earn for level 2!

chefmeg said:
so then I could spend it on anything I want, right?

I am asking because I would like to take the family on a Disney Cruise (provided that the 2009 trip isn't one!) and we could use the $900 I earn for level 2!

YES! You can totally use it for anything you want. I read on another loop that a director earned the top level and took the $2500 gift card and used it for a 7-day trip for her family (including airfare) to a resort in Mexico because the trip for that year didn't light her fire.

I used mine for a scanner and used the rest to take Dave Ramsey's financial peace course.

My NED and one of her EDs took the gift card this past year. I know the ED used the card to remodel the 2nd home she and her husband just purchased.

I am really torn~I AM going to earn at least Level 2, so it is a trip to Miami, which honestly doesn't float my boat, or the $900 gift card. My dilemma is that I haven't been an an incentive trip since 2005 and would love to show my family what travelling with PC is like again AND this trip is over our Spring Break, so the kids wouldn't even miss school (puls the buy-in is CHEAP). Maybe I need to look more into what to do in Miami to get more excited about it....

one more thing-DH & I celebrate our 15th anniversary this same week!

Yeah, I'm not that excited about Miami either. I will earn Level two for the first time!!! I am really excited about that! I just wish the destination were more spectacular or at least a place I've wanted to visit.

Margaret, when you have done your research post it here! I would love to find neat things to do in Miami also. We won't be buying in our kiddos. If I choose the $ option and this is my first time earning Level 2 could I still get the first timers reception the next trip I earn or is it now or never? Anyone know?

The first timers reception is new. I didn't get it 2 years ago in San Fran but there was a different band to hold your name tags for first timers on the cruise.

I think the first timers reception is only on level 3 trips.

I got first timers at Disney and I earned Level 3, last year I earned Level 2 and didn't get it so I'm thinking either you only get it once or you only get it at level 3???

1. What is an incentive trip?

An incentive trip is a reward given to top-performing individuals in a company as motivation and recognition for their hard work and dedication. It is usually an all-expenses-paid vacation to a desirable destination.

2. How can I qualify for an incentive trip?

In order to qualify for an incentive trip, you must meet certain goals and targets set by the company. These goals may include sales targets, recruiting new team members, or achieving a certain level of performance within a specific time frame.

3. Can I bring a guest on the incentive trip?

Yes, most incentive trips allow you to bring a guest at an additional cost. However, this may vary depending on the company's policies and the destination of the trip.

4. How often are incentive trips offered?

Incentive trips are usually offered once or twice a year, depending on the company's budget and performance. Some companies may also offer quarterly or monthly trips for top performers.

5. What happens if I am unable to attend the incentive trip?

If you are unable to attend the incentive trip, you may be able to transfer your spot to another qualified individual. However, this may also depend on the company's policies and the timing of the trip. It is best to discuss this with your manager or the company's incentives coordinator.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pamperedbecky