• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Pumpkin Seeds on a Stone?

In summary, the author recommends soaking pumpkin seeds in very salty water for at least 24 hours, then baking them at 150 degrees for about four hours. They are crunchy if done on a stone.
pamperedape
I LOVE pumpkin seeds! My recipe is so good - you soak them in VERY salty water for at least 24 hrs. Then you bake them at 150 for about four hours! They are really crunchy. I am wondering if I did them on a stone if they'd be even better??

Has anyone ever done them on a stone?

I do mine on the stoneware bar pan every year and they turn out wonderfully! I soak mine for 24 hours, too...

We're finally carving pumpkins this afternoon, so it'll be a while before the snacking begins!

We ended up with 6 of our own pumkins this year, and a elderly neighbor had two she asked us to carve for her, so we have a TON of seeds! I actually just took the last batch out of the oven. I only soak mine for about an hour, then toss with melted butter and various seasonings. One batch we did with seasoned salt, and another with cinnamon and salt. I did all of them on the large bar pan and they turned out awesome - very crunchy and tasty!

tx_deputyswife said:
We ended up with 6 of our own pumkins this year, and a elderly neighbor had two she asked us to carve for her, so we have a TON of seeds! I actually just took the last batch out of the oven. I only soak mine for about an hour, then toss with melted butter and various seasonings. One batch we did with seasoned salt, and another with cinnamon and salt. I did all of them on the large bar pan and they turned out awesome - very crunchy and tasty!
How long and what temp do you cook them at? TIA!

YUM! THis sounds so good!

So you soak them for 24 hours in how much water & salt? Then bake how long at what temp?

I have never had pumpkin seeds.

My seeds are roasting right now. I soaked in water (Used sm stainless bowl) and just poured salt into the water. I have no idea how much, but the seeds had room to "swim" even they though float. I am roasting mine at 275 and just checking periodically. Hope that helps!

I actually just rinsed mine and placed them on the bar pan and sprinkled with kosher salt about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons. Then I roasted them for an hour and stirred every 15 minutes at 350 degrees. I let them then sit in the oven (turned off) for an hour while we went trick-or-treating and they were great!

I made mine on a stone this year and they came out better than ever before!!!

I just put mine in the oven after soaking them since last night.

1. What are the benefits of cooking pumpkin seeds on a stone?

Using a stone to cook pumpkin seeds helps to evenly distribute the heat, resulting in perfectly crispy seeds. It also helps to prevent burning and allows for easy flipping without the seeds sticking to the pan.

2. Can I use any type of pumpkin seeds on a stone?

Yes, you can use any type of pumpkin seeds for this method, whether they are raw or already roasted and seasoned.

3. How long should I cook pumpkin seeds on a stone?

Cooking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the seeds, but on average it takes about 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It's important to check on the seeds and stir them occasionally to ensure even cooking.

4. Do I need to season the pumpkin seeds before cooking them on a stone?

While it's not necessary, seasoning the pumpkin seeds before cooking can enhance their flavor. You can use a variety of seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, or even cinnamon and sugar for a sweet and savory twist.

5. Can I use a Pampered Chef stone to cook pumpkin seeds?

Yes, Pampered Chef stones are specifically designed to distribute heat evenly and can be used for cooking pumpkin seeds or any other type of food. Just make sure to follow the care instructions for your specific stone to ensure it lasts for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • Gypsy Rose