• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake A Pizza Stone At High Heat?

In summary, our pizza stones can withstand high heat and can be used in ovens up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It is recommended to preheat the stone for at least 30 minutes before baking to ensure a crispy crust. The pizza stone comes pre-seasoned and ready to use, but can be lightly coated with oil if desired. It is safe to use on both gas and charcoal grills. To clean the stone, allow it to cool completely and simply scrape off any excess food with a spatula and wipe off any remaining residue with a damp cloth. Do not use soap or detergent, submerge in water, or put it in the dishwasher.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I was stumped by this ? from a guest last night... she asked what the max heat you can bake your stone in!? I had no clue! I looked in my PIG and on CC today and could not find an acutal temp. max range #. Does anyone know? Maybe I totally just overlooked it but I told her I would get back to her and it would be nice to know for the next time!:rolleyes:
thanks!

It is fired clay, so it can withstand the heat of an actual fire. I have actually heard of peoples houses burning down, and their stones still being intact!

Hmm ok, good to know I will let her know!

But...make sure they don't use them over direct flame because they can break. If using on the BBQ use indirect heat method. And I thought the glazed stoneware had a max temperature....hmmmm I will look!:confused:

hmmm....I am not seeing a temperature anywhere! So, heat it up baby! I would explain to them that they can use it at any temperature in the oven, but to be careful with direct flame. They also don't recommend stoneware for Dutch Oven Cooking because of the heat.

ok...What is up with the times on my posts? They were only a few minutes apart and they show they are over an hour apart. I remember someone else discussing this on another thread, did anyone ever figure it out?

Don't forget that you also cannot use them under the broiler.

I believe it is fired at 4000 degrees, so as long as it is not over or under direct heat, there really is no max temperature that a normal oven can reach.

However, you should not use your stoneware to broil food.

Lisa

Can You Bake A Pizza Stone At High Heat?

Yes, our pizza stones are designed to withstand high heat and can be used in ovens up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

How long should I preheat the pizza stone before baking?

We recommend preheating the pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before placing the pizza on it. This will ensure that the stone is evenly heated and will result in a crispy crust.

Do I need to season the pizza stone before using it?

No, our pizza stones come pre-seasoned and are ready to use right out of the box. However, if you prefer, you can lightly coat the stone with oil before using it for the first time.

Can I use the pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, our pizza stones are safe to use on both gas and charcoal grills. Just make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on it.

How do I clean the pizza stone?

Allow the stone to cool completely before cleaning it. Do not use soap or detergent, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your pizza. Instead, simply scrape off any excess food with a spatula and use a damp cloth to wipe off any remaining residue. Do not submerge the stone in water or put it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
whyunfor11ow
  • Intrepid_Chef