• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Ribbon Cake: Refrigerate?

In summary, it is recommended to refrigerate a pumpkin ribbon cake to preserve its freshness and prevent spoilage, and it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It is best to refrigerate the cake after frosting it to prevent the frosting from melting and keep the cake from becoming too moist. A pumpkin ribbon cake can also be frozen for up to 3 months, and to thaw it, it should be left at room temperature for 1-2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight. Do not thaw the cake in the microwave as this can cause it to become soggy.
kam
Staff member
Does anyone know if this cake should be refrigerated since it has the cream cheese filling??

Most things I bake with Cream Cheese ends up being refrigerated, but for some reason I can't recall refrigerating my black bottom cupcakes (which is the same idea with the cream cheese filling).

I would like to make this tonight for a show tomorrow and was not sure what I should do!

Thats an interesting question??? I dont refrigerate my carrot cakes when they have cream cheese icing, so perhaps not? It would probably make the cream cheese to hard to eat??

I think that for storage more than a couple hours it should be refrigerated, but you'd want to bring it to room temp before eating it, so allow it to soften.

1. Can I refrigerate a pumpkin ribbon cake?

Yes, it is recommended to refrigerate a pumpkin ribbon cake to preserve its freshness and prevent spoilage. Store the cake in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap before placing it in the refrigerator.

2. How long can a pumpkin ribbon cake be kept in the refrigerator?

A pumpkin ribbon cake can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. After this time, it is best to discard any remaining cake to ensure food safety.

3. Should I refrigerate the pumpkin ribbon cake before or after frosting?

You should refrigerate the pumpkin ribbon cake after frosting it. This will prevent the frosting from melting and keep the cake from becoming too moist.

4. Can I freeze a pumpkin ribbon cake?

Yes, a pumpkin ribbon cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag before placing it in the freezer.

5. How do I thaw a frozen pumpkin ribbon cake?

To thaw a frozen pumpkin ribbon cake, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours. Alternatively, you can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Do not thaw the cake in the microwave as this can cause it to become soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Alanna1
  • Lisa/ChefBear