• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pulling Together to Help a Friend: Benefit/Fundraiser Tonight!

Gina sounds like she had a great time and the fundraiser was a success. Thanks for sharing your story.
Gina M
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I have a big benefit/fundraiser tonight for a friend of mine who has MS - it's not a PC fundraiser but a fundraiser with live/silent auction, 50/50 raffle, bingo and the such. I've been working on it since October and it's finally happening tonight! We are expecting around 125 with more to come at the door. I just need some good vibes that everything goes smoothly tonight - we are so excited to help out our friend. She has been living with MS for 7 years now and is only 35 years old. She reached her lifetime cap with her health insurance (1 million dollars) and was dropped from it. We are just trying to help with her medical expenses and getting a wheelchair ramp built on their house as she has been confined to a wheelchair the past few months. She excited but nervous for the fundraiser - I think it's great when communities pull together! Just thought I would share:)

Best of luck! Hope it brings some good into her life... sounds like she deserves it!

Lots of luck Gina, let us know how it goes.

Sending a dusting of good luck dust your way Gina!!

Lots of luck Gina, let us know the outcome!

Good luck Gina!! Prayers for your friend too!!

Good luck Gina and hope it is very successful!

Good luck Gina! Sounds like with all of the work put into it the event should be a success for your friend!

We hope all goes well for you Gina! I am sure it will be a HUGE success! :) :)

Best of luck!! I hope it is very successful!! Update when you can!

Gina sound's like you have worked really hard. I hope all turns out well. Let us know how everything goes.

Well I just got home a little bit ago - our fundraiser was a huge success - not sure of the exact numbers (still have to count everything tomorrow) - but we are thinking that we made about $13,500!!! My friend and her family were just so touched by all the hard work we did and we had a great time - the crowd was lively and everyone was having fun. Definitely put me on a high! Had to come online for a bit to calm down. Hope everyone has a great weekend:) And thanks for your well wishes!

CONGRATULATIONS, That is amazing!!! I hope it does her well!!!!

Great results! Bidding all the best for your friend, too.

That's awesome Gina! Great work with everyone that was involved!

Woo-hoo Gina! Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your friend. My aunt was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and it's painful and sad to watch what a cruel disease it is. At Christmas, when she, my uncle, and cousin were leaving the house to go to the car, her legs gave out right as she reached the car. She was within 1 1/2 steps of being inside the car door, but just couldn't make it. So she sat, on the cold concrete, while she could muster up the energy to control her legs to get up (with the help of my uncle, my brother, and father).

Your friend is so lucky to have a friend like you and such a supportive community! You go girl!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
That is amazing! Kudos to you for spending your time and efforts to help her out!

Related to Pulling Together to Help a Friend: Benefit/Fundraiser Tonight!

1. What is "Pulling Together to Help a Friend"?

"Pulling Together to Help a Friend" is a benefit/fundraiser event that aims to raise funds for a friend or loved one in need. It is a way for the community to come together and support someone who may be going through a difficult time.

2. How can I attend the benefit/fundraiser?

You can attend the benefit/fundraiser by purchasing a ticket or making a donation. The event details and ticket information will usually be shared on social media or through word of mouth. You can also contact the organizers directly for more information.

3. Can I donate items or services for the benefit/fundraiser?

Yes, donations are greatly appreciated for the benefit/fundraiser. You can donate items for a silent auction, offer your services for a raffle, or make a monetary donation. Please reach out to the organizers for more information on how to donate.

4. How can I help spread the word about the benefit/fundraiser?

You can help spread the word by sharing the event on social media, inviting your friends and family, and talking about it with your community. You can also reach out to local businesses to see if they would be willing to promote the event or donate items or services.

5. Can I still help even if I cannot attend the benefit/fundraiser?

Absolutely! If you are unable to attend the benefit/fundraiser, you can still make a donation or offer your support in other ways. You can also offer to help with event planning or promotion. Every contribution, big or small, makes a difference in helping our friend in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • pattikake
  • General Chat
Replies