• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Promotional Items at a Craft/Trade Show

In summary, Trish from Texas gives out recipe cards and toothpick-filled samples of her latest cake recipes at craft and trade shows. People seem to really enjoy them, and she often gets contact information from those who take them.
Thinker
Gold Member
Has any given out pens (for example) at a craft/trade show? What did you hand out? Where did you buy it? I was thinking about handing our pens but I am looking for a good cheap price.

I usually just give a booking flyer and a recipe card with my info. They are more likely to keep the recipe card.

I agree. Postcard recipes. The last couple of fairs I also made the attached recipe (Chunky Monkey and the Black Forest Cakes were big hits). Put toothpicks in small pieces of the cake. People loved the samples and wanted the recipe. I got their contact information (on a drawing slip) so I could follow up. Many marked cooking, catalog, FD, etc. on their forms.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• 12-Minute Miracle Microwave Cakes.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 600
Trish, those recipes are AWESOME! I cannot wait to make cake samples for a street fair I am doing in April!!!Just so I am clear, the cakes mixes in the recipes are just the mixes, right? You don't prepare them like it says on the box, just use the mixes as an ingredient, right??And I love that you can do them in the DCB, since I do not have a fluted pan yet and was thinking I was just out of luck with the micro cake recipes. Thanks so much!

bump, want to know the same also

just the mixIt is just the cake mix itself (but correct me if I am wrong).

It is just the cake mix. The 3 eggs make up for the liquids you would have used to make a regular cake. I used colored icing on the top of one of them to make it look like it had a flower on top. I thought that would be good to use in April, when April showers bring May flowers. You can also experiment with your favorite flavors of cake, pudding or pie filling, icing to make your own unique cake.

Trish Kidd
Independent Consultant

Those are great, thank you for sharing!!

I made the apple cake late last night (in the regular oven). Devoured by family for Easter brunch treat today. btw-- Not really happy with micro cakes in my low wattage oven, w/out a turntable. Cakes in other micros turned out fine.Used yellow cake mix, apple pie filling and PC cinnamon plus. It was more 'quick bread like' and really didn't taste as sweet as cake, which we found interesting.

Thinker said:
Has any given out pens (for example) at a craft/trade show? What did you hand out? Where did you buy it? I was thinking about handing our pens but I am looking for a good cheap price.

I stopped giving samples way back. People descend upon you like they haven't ate in a week. I just give out a recipe card with my contact info and try to engage them to fill out a drawing slip.

What types of promotional items should I bring to a craft/trade show?

Some popular options for promotional items at a craft/trade show include branded kitchen gadgets, recipe cards, tote bags, aprons, and food samples. Choose items that are relevant to your brand and target audience, and that will be useful and memorable for attendees.

How many promotional items should I bring to a craft/trade show?

The number of promotional items you bring will depend on the size of the event and your budget. It's always better to bring too many than not enough, as you don't want to run out and miss potential customers. Consider the expected attendance and bring a variety of items in different quantities.

Can I customize the promotional items with my logo and contact information?

Yes, most vendors that offer promotional items for craft/trade shows will allow you to customize them with your logo and contact information. This is a great way to increase brand awareness and make it easy for attendees to remember and contact you after the event.

How should I distribute the promotional items at the craft/trade show?

One effective strategy is to offer the promotional items as a free gift with purchase or as a giveaway for participating in a demo or signing up for your email list. You can also hand them out to attendees who stop by your booth or as a thank you for making a purchase. Be sure to have a designated person in charge of distributing the items to ensure a smooth process.

Are there any restrictions on the types of promotional items I can bring to a craft/trade show?

It's important to check with the event organizers or venue beforehand to see if there are any restrictions on the types of items you can bring. Some events may have rules against food samples or certain types of giveaways, so it's best to be prepared and avoid any potential issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate