• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Must-Have PC Products for Easy Vacation Meals on a Budget?

In summary, what products are a "must-have" for traveling with a full kitchen? What are some easy-to-prepare meals that
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I'm taking my family on vacation to Orlando in May and we're trying to save some money by eating some meals in the hotel room. It's equipped with a full kitchen so it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. My question is...what PC products are a "must-have" for traveling? Does anyone have tips on easy-to-prepare meals on the go with our products? Thanks everyone!!

We went to Kentucky Lake for our family reunion 2 years ago. Of course, we drove, but I took my tool-turnabout; 1 large bar pan; 1 round stones and my 12" skillet! It was awesome! We had a big condo with a better kitchen than mine and I baked a cake in my skillet; bacon and pancakes in my bar pan, etc. I didn't have the DCB back then, or I would have certainly had that! Just depends on what you want to carry along, but that really didn't take up much space in the car. It was great. Have another one this year and I'm going to bring the same, plus my DCB.

On vacation last year I was just starting out and basically had my kit... but the things I found I used were my LBP, utility knife, microplane adj grater, mix n scraper, cutting board, and garlic press. We had a fully stocked kitchen already, but it was poor-quality stuff, and we were all relieved I had some nice products to use. I could have done without the adj grater (we could have bought it already done for us), but the rest of the stuff was invaluable.We drove, just for the record. Not sure what I'd do if I flew.This year I think I will take the cool n serve to enjoy with my family on the beach!

When I went to the ocean this past summer I really used my small micro-cooker to make lunches for DS. But we didn't have a stocked kitchen in the hotel room, just the microwave in the community area and a small fridge in the room.

When we go to the coast I always pack a bag with PC stuff. I take the 12" Skillet, a Stone, essential tools like the Garlic Press, Chef's Tongs, Scrapers, etc. One thing I do to make it more likely we'll cook is make up bags of seasoned ground meat. I follow the Power Cooking meals for beef. I mix those up and bring them with us. Usually I just want to sit with the family after a long day at the beach, so having those easy meals already ready for me helps a ton!! OH YEA!! I always take my knives and at least 1 cutting board.

I hope that helps you. Have fun in Orlando!!

Thanks everyone! Great ideas...keep em coming! We are driving, but space might be an issue. I don't know that I can bring my 12" skillet AND LBP. I'm thinking I'd get more use from the stone. What do you think?

Depends on your recipes. I always plan the meals I'll be making in the hotel- at least a general idea. Then I can take foods, prep food at home and just stick it in the cooler for reheat (depending on travel time, etc).I think the must haves if I knew I had a big enough kitchen would be my DCB or my 12" skillet, the garlic press and a cheese grater. If you know the kitchen is stocked, you can usually make do with the knives and cutting boards they have. BUT if you are taking your skillet, take your own spoon or scraper- because you never know what those will be like (rough, etc?)

1PamperedMommy said:
Thanks everyone! Great ideas...keep em coming! We are driving, but space might be an issue. I don't know that I can bring my 12" skillet AND LBP. I'm thinking I'd get more use from the stone. What do you think?
Even if it's a full kitchen, I'd check with the size of the oven before bringing a large stone...I've done shows in some apartments with small kitchens where the large round stone, and large bar pan were too big.And personally, I'd take the skillet - because it can work on top of the stove AND in the oven. And it's lighter, and less worry about it breaking in transport.

I would probably take my DCB and rice cooker and/or microcooker since there are wide variety of meals I could do with just those 3 items....Skillet would be good too.For tools it would be garlic press, adjustable measuring cup, bamboo spatula, mix in scraper and probably chefs tongs

When I left for the PC Disney trip last summer, we drove for 2 days.
I made ahead and froze: sloppy joes, burgers, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, meatloaf. I packed a cooler and put these already prepared meals in it, with ice, and it made it to Fla. It was so great to already have meals ahead of time, rather than take time to make them up. Also took packets of instant oatmeal, and some other things, I may have to look at my list! But, I took microcooker, small cutting board, knife w/ honing case, bamboo spoons, prep bowls w/ ketchup and mustard in them, etc.

I found a second use for the freezer part of our Cool and Serve Tray. The two green sections that have a flat surface, and the indents for the deviled eggs, fit nicely into
my Coleman 12 qt. cooler. Mine is Cranberry top on white if that helps identify it. I keep them in my freezer all the time, and when I ran out of ice cubes, I just took along those two sections to keep the cans of soda cold.

Your 12" skillet and lid will be invaluable for meals on the road, or in vacation facilities. Excellent for omelets; want a fast breakfast, how about a huge pancake you cut into wedges. Your Classic large batter bowl will prove to be another must. So many uses, and can also be a serving piece, plus it has a lid if you keep it in the cooler. Your stainless bowls and lids might also prove themselves worth the space.

What great ideas that you all are sharing. Thanks so much!

We are about to leave for a week in Disney then a week on a cruise ship. While we are in Disney, we'll be staying in a two-bedroom timeshare with a full kitchen. I'll be sure to plan out what PC items to bring, as well as plan our menus around those products. This should save us a lot of money....money that we can use on other fun things!:D

I have never rented a condo or Beach house that had a decent non-stick skillet. That is one item I always take as well as the Chef's knife in honing case and the medium cutting board.

IMHO, anything else you can make do without.​

1. What are the must-have products to take on vacation?

Some popular products to take on vacation include the Quick Cooker, Foldable Cutting Board, Traveling Chef tote, Citrus Peeler, and Chillzanne Rectangle Server.

2. Are there any products specifically designed for travel?

Yes, there are several products designed specifically for travel such as the Traveling Chef tote, Foldable Cutting Board, and Citrus Peeler.

3. Can I pack fragile products like the Chillzanne Rectangle Server in my suitcase?

Yes, the Chillzanne Rectangle Server is made with a durable material that can withstand travel and can be safely packed in a suitcase.

4. Are there any products that are compact and easy to pack?

Yes, the Foldable Cutting Board and Citrus Peeler are both compact and can easily fit into a suitcase or travel bag.

5. Can I use these products in a vacation rental or hotel room?

Yes, all of our products are designed for use in any kitchen, including vacation rentals and hotel rooms. They are also easy to clean and transport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• saravaughn1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
micocina
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn