• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Twix-ing the Prize: How Many do You Give?

anything! Yes, we usually give out one or a couple. I think a whole package is too much unless it is to a host. We put our door prizes in our woven square, which looks nicer and let guests choose. When I was running low, I put them in individually and had guests choosing those (even little ones).The water bottle idea is a great idea. What prize do you think would work best?
Jilleysue
Silver Member
When you give prizes at shows from the Recipe book to the spatula, bamboo tongs etc....then we come to the twix its...I have a question???

Do ya'll give out just one or a whole package? Seems like a lot for one prize, but seems like not enough for just one. What to you all do?:confused:

Twixits;) I usually rubberband a couple of them together to give away (1 large and 1 small). Giving a whole package I think is a bit more then I want to give unless it is to a host.

I was thinking the same...just didn't know. Maybe I could do a ribbon or something.

I used to do a couple, but then I had a bunch of shows & was running low. I always put my door prizes in my large woven square & let guests choose. When I was running low, I put them in individually & had guests choosing those (even little ones) over bamboo tongs, etc. I think they just love something free!

Yes I have the woven square coming because I just lvoe that idea... Ithink it will look great. I love the idea of small water bottles that I created My own PC labels for over ice in that woven squaren as I saw in a pic. I am going to give those out free. How cute?

That's a cute idea!

Yes we get them for the kids and I made some for a baby shower..very easy...I have a water bottle label maker...just use the logo..post on the label, cut label, wrap around existing label, use double stick tape and viola..PC mini waters...how cute? ADORABLE!!!!

My degree in Advertising helps...LOL

What a great idea!! You could take it another step and use it for booking. On the back of the label you could write the prize they get for picking the water if they host a show. I don't know how you would make it so they don't see the product through the water, but it would be a great twist on the old book-to-look!

Oh easy..because there is the actual real water label underneath it...Very VERY VERY CUTE IDEA. I will get the template from work tomorrow and show you guys. It is soooo adorable. Thanks Gillian. That is just GREAT!!! I LOVE IT!!!! What prize do you think would work best...anything..I think it should be something more than a recipe book...and I definitely think they should get the prize at their actual show...not that night correct. Just to make sure they follow thru.
GREAT IDEA. You'll love the water bottles. They are adorable!!!

Oh wait no..the label is peeled off, but I would just fold a piece of paper with the prize name and tape it to the inside of the new label. You have to use photo paper, so it would come off easy.

I Love the SB cooksbooks...over many prizes!
Jilleysue said:
Oh easy..because there is the actual real water label underneath it...Very VERY VERY CUTE IDEA. I will get the template from work tomorrow and show you guys. It is soooo adorable. Thanks Gillian. That is just GREAT!!! I LOVE IT!!!! What prize do you think would work best...anything..I think it should be something more than a recipe book...and I definitely think they should get the prize at their actual show...not that night correct. Just to make sure they follow thru.
GREAT IDEA. You'll love the water bottles. They are adorable!!!

Y'all have Great ideas, but I can't always visualize until I see a pic, so hopefully you will post a pic :)

Thanks;

Liz

I usually use the SB cookbooks and little things as door prizes, and $10-$15 items as booking gifts- to be given AT their show, or added onto their host order at your expense. It is a personal preference though!

I find that anything wrapped looks nicer. I get the cello bags at the dollar store. Stuff with a little shredded paper and tie a ribbon. My new idea is to close them with a twix it. I earned some in the sell a thon.
I went to a PC show years ago and the consultant handed me a citrus peeler as the prize, I just thought it looked cheesy!!!
I too would love to see the water bottle idea.

I too have a basket with door prizes
Jilleysue said:
When you give prizes at shows from the Recipe book to the spatula, bamboo tongs etc....then we come to the twix its...I have a question???

Do ya'll give out just one or a whole package? Seems like a lot for one prize, but seems like not enough for just one. What to you all do?:confused:

I let them pick what they want, no one needs 5 paring knives. This way you know they are getting something they will like & use. I take 1 of each size twixit and tie them off in a little bag, but I like the tieing them up in a ribbon. I also like the idea of the woven square. soooo many great ideas come from you ladies, and gents :D

Oh I forgot to get this lable at work today. I'll try to find it here at home.....Shoot.

I gift my twixits differently. I put a scraper in a small clear gift bag (they make ones that fit just right; slightly bigger than the scraper) and fasten it with a twixit! That gives a couple different gifts and you feel better about not being too "cheezy" on your gifts.

hrdumm said:
I gift my twixits differently. I put a scraper in a small clear gift bag (they make ones that fit just right; slightly bigger than the scraper) and fasten it with a twixit! That gives a couple different gifts and you feel better about not being too "cheezy" on your gifts.

Cute!!:D I was even thinking of wrapping the recipe bags with a cute ribbon. They will make ribbon with Pampered Chef on..it is really cute. I'll find the link.

I try to give out gifts that I can put my name on - so they always have my name in front of them - I give out a SBRC with a sticker inside that says "Compliments of your Pampered Chef Director..." and my contact info...or I have some of the old cookie recipe booklets with my sticker on them. I may start putting them in cello-bags & securing with a twixit - i like that idea!!

I'm wanting to change how I'm doing prizes as well. I think it's been to simple and boring. I like pretty-ing it up! One of my recruits does this and it does look awesome! You guys have such great ideas.

I do the cello bag for my host gift - usually a SB, and one other small gift (was using the hand lotion - have to come up with something different now!), and then throw in a few packs of smarties, and clip it w/ a twixit...then I thank the host and give her the gift saying "this is for you as a thank you and for being such a smartie and booking a show with me!" I also do one and give to the past host if she is there.

ChefBeckyD said:
I do the cello bag for my host gift - usually a SB, and one other small gift (was using the hand lotion - have to come up with something different now!), and then throw in a few packs of smarties, and clip it w/ a twixit...then I thank the host and give her the gift saying "this is for you as a thank you and for being such a smartie and booking a show with me!" I also do one and give to the past host if she is there.

I like the idea of thanking the past host! I also give my host a SB but I've been including it with their Hostess Packet. Maybe I should change that too!

PamperedChefDebi said:
I like the idea of thanking the past host! I also give my host a SB but I've been including it with their Hostess Packet. Maybe I should change that too!

Debi - I use it as a lead-in to talk about the great benefits of hosting - even after your party is over! That as the past host, she also can take advantage of the host special, and the 10% discount......

Yeah at Micheals they have cello pieces and ribbon...and all the sudden, it looks like you have done something beautiful

Great idea Jill!! My prizes are boring too!

I have started making little sample packets of the spices. I include the recipe idea's on the spice bottle and enough spice to make one of the recipes. I use cute scrapbook paper to mount the recipe on, then stick it on the self sealing cello bag. They really have been a big hit, They go before any of my other prizes! And they are cheap to make!! I figure that the spice they sample will be so great that it will turn into a repeat buy! I think they are more likely to want to buy more spices over more scrapers or paring knives!:p

Jilleysue said:
Yeah at Micheals they have cello pieces and ribbon...and all the sudden, it looks like you have done something beautiful

Try Dollar Tree - I bet you can get cello and ribbon cheaper than at Michaels (always the penny pincher here - LOL)

Oh I am sure about the dollar store. I have a TONE left over from baby showers, birthdays and christmas presents....so using that all up.

I don't have a Dollar Tree :( I will find some somewhere!!

Hmmmm...I wonder how I could get them to open a Dollar Tree over here in Germany?

I can NEVER find the cello stuff at the base exchange but I did find some Christmas "tissue" that was really like cello so I stocked up!

Here is some pics of some regular prizes and then what happens when you add a little love. They look soo incredible and sooo fun in this purple cellophane ( of course my PC business color). I added my little sticker and I will put them in a my woven basket during the party. They simply brighten things up and make it look so pretty.

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Pics 2007 019 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 019 (Small).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 627
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 018 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 018 (Small).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 592
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 020 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 020 (Small).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 561
VERY cute!! You are starting to inspire me... for Christmas I wrap my freebies in wrapping paper, but never took it farther than that!

It's what sets some parties apart from others. make the Its when certain hosts make the guests feel special. People love free stuff..I mean think about it..don't we..and we love it more when it's wrapped up special. Take a night and wrap a bunch of them and you're done. You only give away a couple of them a night..so it doesn't take long. I did about 20 the other night and wasn't long at all. You get on a roll. I just think they look sooo much prettier in a basket. Pushes the basket too.....for parties...etc. You can use the basket for anything..etc..etc....LOL
I am still going to do the water bottles too..just to jazz it up. I can do about 40 of those in a night....and keep them..People love them. I have to get the template to show everyone...Can you tell I love this stuff?

Jilleysue said:
Here is some pics of some regular prizes and then what happens when you add a little love. They look soo incredible and sooo fun in this purple cellophane ( of course my PC business color). I added my little sticker and I will put them in a my woven basket during the party. They simply brighten things up and make it look so pretty.

OMG - what a difference!!!
I am going to do this!!!Jill - you are such an inspiration!!

One of the things I used to do (and will be doing again after this May) is using the Mini Measure All as a host gift. Leave it in the plastic bag and fill it with chocolate kisses. Then use a small twixit to clip the bag shut. The MMAs aren't expensive, and stocking up on them in May helps the American Cancer Society. And when you give them out in some other month, it gives you a chance to spend a minute talking about HWC.

chefann said:
One of the things I used to do (and will be doing again after this May) is using the Mini Measure All as a host gift. Leave it in the plastic bag and fill it with chocolate kisses. Then use a small twixit to clip the bag shut. The MMAs aren't expensive, and stocking up on them in May helps the American Cancer Society. And when you give them out in some other month, it gives you a chance to spend a minute talking about HWC.

oooooh - I love this idea!!

Awesome ideas! I have to admit, I'm a pretty practical person and overlook a lot of the added touches (you don't ever want me on the decorating committee! LOL). These are so cute though and I could definately see how they make it more festive. Jill, purple is my fave color too. Hope you don't mind my taking your idea. Carolyn, I like having things that I put my name on too. I've been adding business card magnets to my host packets but if I'm packaging door prizes that's another great way to hand them out as well. Thanks for the inspiration. I like the idea on the spices as well. Great way to get people to try some of the pantry items.

I too would like to see a picture of the water bottle idea. Can you post a image on the site please?

MicheleC said:
Awesome ideas! I have to admit, I'm a pretty practical person and overlook a lot of the added touches (you don't ever want me on the decorating committee! LOL). These are so cute though and I could definately see how they make it more festive. Jill, purple is my fave color too. Hope you don't mind my taking your idea. Carolyn, I like having things that I put my name on too. I've been adding business card magnets to my host packets but if I'm packaging door prizes that's another great way to hand them out as well. Thanks for the inspiration. I like the idea on the spices as well. Great way to get people to try some of the pantry items.

Oh I don't mind at all. I got pink and clear too and I am gona do some other funky things. Yes I already thought about when people order Pantry items as well to put your label on them, so if they run out they always know where to go back to. The measuring cup idea is great. I definitely think if you make the host feel special and they get something, it makes others want to be a host. I know I would if I knew I got a gift..HEHE. I just love presents.:D

I also liek the idea of some sort of ribbon, bag or wrap for gifts. It sets a festive fun feeling. I give SB, twix-it (2) or what I found interesting - the stone scrapers. When they ask "what is this for" and I answer "that scrapes the gunt from around your kitchen sink" they grab them up LOL!

I use my stone scrapers for everything from removing toddler gunk from my kitchen table to sliding them along the side of my stove (between two counters) to get the lodged gunk out to scraping all my dishes.

It is an easy day for them if they only clean a stone!!

When I went to my dentist last time the assistant asked for some more of those stone scrapers. They moved into a new office and she said it was the best thing for gettting all of the stickers off the windows. What a useful tool.

Wow Jill! How cute! I never thought about wrapping my door prize gifts.....beautiful!
What exactly is on the little label you put on the gifts?

Okay Miss Jilly! You are getting the hang of everything! Great job with the gifts. Now I am off to wrap all mine! lol. :D

The little label just says...OH wait..I'll take a pic for you...LOL

I couldn't take a pic..too blurry.
It just says..Compliments of your FAVORITE Pampered Chef Consultant: my Name and contact info with my email, and website and of course the cute PC logo.

Jill your starting to become my idol!!!!:D
You have so many great ideas!!!

chefkristin said:
Jill your starting to become my idol!!!!:D
You have so many great ideas!!!

HAHA, Oh thank you. You may not think so, if you saw my demos. I am still not very good at the talking and cooking or showing aspect. I am trying though. Many have said I should be an event planner...but I like doing things for fun. Too much pressure and I start freaking...LOL

I had to email Carolyn tonight because I got frustrated practicing my demo. It' just like I am all over the place...messy messy and god knows you all know How I feel about that. I have to be organized and when I am trying to keep my demo table organized..it just aint working. I can do the cakes and desserts but when I got to do the other recipes..like the rings or other appetizers or item to eat...I just can't get the ones I am good at yet.

Other than that...I can come up some good ideas though..they come to me in the shower believe it or not..ahahahahaha. Dont' ask me why...LOL:D

One thing I was told early on (because I can be a bit controlling) is that a perfect demo is not one that gets recruits.

That is true! I know I am always a mess as far as demos. I never know where I am going with it. I just try to have fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Triciascucina
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Triciascucina
  • emiscookin