• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Price Changes and Retiring Products

In summary, there is a discussion about whether or not it is okay to post the Price Increases and Retiring Products before they are officially released. Some people believe it is fine to post the information since it is not new products, while others are concerned it may lead to questions and issues. However, many people appreciate the information being shared and believe it is up to individuals to decide whether or not to view it. Some even see it as a good opportunity to inform customers and potentially boost sales. Additionally, there is talk about a list of retiring items being shared, including a few items that people are upset about losing. Overall, there is appreciation for the information being shared and some discussion about the new products that may be coming out.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I agree with others on here (and disagree I guess) as long as the thread is clearly marked, I know whether I want to read it or not. This one I wanted to read... the spoiler one too (although I missed it :( ), if you are able to go to a launch and don't want to know any news beforehand then it's your choice to not read certain threads on here. If anyone is bubbling over with excitement and wants to share any news... [email protected] :D

Thanks for the post Jane.

I agree with a lot of you on here. I think it's weird that people get so offended if there are spoilers...I mean, we are all consultants and will get the news anyway. I know HO wants us all to be surprised and all, but some of us can't attend SL and it's already out there now since some of you have already gone. Just my opinion of course. I do want to thank you Jane for sharing this info, as it will help when I have my shows coming up and maybe get a few more sales if they know they can get it cheaper now rather than wait until the products go up next month. Speaking of which, when do the new prices go into effect?

Does HO realize we're in a recession? Sheesh! Who's going to pay almost $15.00 for an oven pad? Or almost $19 for an oven mitt? I mean, seriously? Up $2.00?!!! I can't even sell those at the price they're at now! Not to mention the cookware! Holy cow! Most people in my area are already living hand to mouth, and I have a hard enough time selling our products because "they're too expensive." Oh, I know they are awesome quality, but really. I think I made a big mistake getting into this business. It's not been as easy as we say it is. Sorry for the rant...I'm in one of those moods tonight. Not happy, frustrated with how it's going. Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm done. Have a good night everyone...

mjbroncobabe said:
Does HO realize we're in a recession? Sheesh! Who's going to pay almost $15.00 for an oven pad? Or almost $19 for an oven mitt? I mean, seriously? Up $2.00?!!! I can't even sell those at the price they're at now! Not to mention the cookware! Holy cow! Most people in my area are already living hand to mouth, and I have a hard enough time selling our products because "they're too expensive." Oh, I know they are awesome quality, but really. I think I made a big mistake getting into this business. It's not been as easy as we say it is. Sorry for the rant...I'm in one of those moods tonight. Not happy, frustrated with how it's going. Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm done. Have a good night everyone...

The prices go into affect March 1st. It's all in your attitude. If you go with the "it's way to expensive" attitude your guests will too. I sell some of the mitts and pads already because people see the good quality versus the price. I take them to my shows and they get to feel and try them on. Also depending on the material they are made with, the price of cotton is on the rise so that could be why they went up so much.

mjbroncobabe said:

At Spring Launch in Toronto, this was talked about... one of the consultant had a great response to 'but Pampered Chef is too expensive'. . . 'your not paying for the products are you??'....'have a show to earn it Free or start your own PC business and get paid to sell and earn it Free'. I will be remembering this idea. I tell everyone at my shows that when they purchase a stone they need to buy the oven mitts/pad as the stones get hot and hold the heat.
IF you drop the stone as you are moving it and the stone breaks this is not covered by warranty.....I sell as many oven mitts/pads as I do stones because I let my host take the stone out of the oven and she comments to her guest on how well protected her hands/arms are etc.... let your guest sell for you. I am still using the WHITE oven mitt(s) that came in my kit twelve years ago. they are not really white anymore but they still protect me from the heat of the stones and I refuse to get rid of them.

They (HO) don't make a big deal about the price changes because they don't want us to concentrate on that. I have found that RARELY do customers notice a price change if I don't point it out and when they do they understand it's the way of business. All companies change their prices with new catalogs.

If we make a big deal about the price changes our customers will concentrate on that too. And as far as the discontinued items is concerned, I have found that when those items are pointed out guests expect them to be on sale because they're going out of the book. So if I know someone has been collecting or has been wanting something that's going away I will let them know about it or if someone asks me I will share but otherwise I don't comment on it.

I tell people that keep my catalog in Feb that for the most part they can still shop from it but some prices may change and some things will be discontinued in the new catalog and that there will be new items too. Those at my shows after my supplies get here will get a mini to take with them so they have the new products. They seem happy with that info.

If we make a big deal about it it will become a big deal.

I also want to say that it still amazes me that people don't get the whole "don't tell" thing. HO wants all those who INVEST time and $$ in going to the launches to get the SAME experience. When news is posted it takes away from that. As far as the "don't open it" attitude is concerned, that info shouldn't be out there anyway - if you want the info then make the investment ...otherwise WAIT.

Cathy pclady said:
At Spring Launch in Toronto, this was talked about... one of the consultant had a great response to 'but Pampered Chef is too expensive'. . . 'your not paying for the products are you??'....'have a show to earn it Free or start your own PC business and get paid to sell and earn it Free'. I will be remembering this idea. I tell everyone at my shows that when they purchase a stone they need to buy the oven mitts/pad as the stones get hot and hold the heat.
IF you drop the stone as you are moving it and the stone breaks this is not covered by warranty.....I sell as many oven mitts/pads as I do stones because I let my host take the stone out of the oven and she comments to her guest on how well protected her hands/arms are etc.... let your guest sell for you. I am still using the WHITE oven mitt(s) that came in my kit twelve years ago. they are not really white anymore but they still protect me from the heat of the stones and I refuse to get rid of them.

I had someone the other day who introduced herself at the party and said she didn't have any PC stuff but she mostly shopped at Walmart because it's cheap. Well at the end of the party her aunt was talking to her about some of the PC stuff and was sharing with her how our utensils aren't as cheap but they are better quality. The gal ended up buying several pieces because she said hers at home weren't sturdy at all! Walmart = cheap PC = great quality. Take your pick!

wadesgirl said:
I had someone the other day who introduced herself at the party and said she didn't have any PC stuff but she mostly shopped at Walmart because it's cheap. Well at the end of the party her aunt was talking to her about some of the PC stuff and was sharing with her how our utensils aren't as cheap but they are better quality. The gal ended up buying several pieces because she said hers at home weren't sturdy at all! Walmart = cheap PC = great quality. Take your pick!

I take 2 non PC items to every show a cheap julienne peeler/cutter and a 8 inch All Clad saute pan. The comparisons in price and quality speak for themselves. and these 2 items do not take up much more room than I need for the regular show.

Barry Carlton said:
I take 2 non PC items to every show a cheap julienne peeler/cutter and a 8 inch All Clad saute pan. The comparisons in price and quality speak for themselves. and these 2 items do not take up much more room than I need for the regular show.

Great ideas! My husband always tells me I should bring a cheap WM turner and compare it with our Kitchen Utensils. I've also considered doing this with knives.

While I totally loooove our FC knives, I do not take any of my Henkels 4*Pro for comparison because the only down side to ours is the weight and many of the gals I ask when I am entertaining at my home prefer the feel of the lighter weight Henkels. so, be selective with you take to compare.

I don't like that they don't give us the retirement list before discontinuing. I used to sell SU, and they published the list before hand, so if anyone wanted to purchase them before they were discontinued, they had that opportunity. Most people have more wishes than money, but if they knew that it was being discontinued, they might purchase something now that is being discontinued and still purchase the other items later.

Barry Carlton said:

I used to have an old wire whisk that wasn't enclosed at the bottom that I took, I had forgotten about this. Great idea!

lt1jane said:
The ONLY thing they asked us not to tell about were the new products. I am adhering to that.

Knowing what things are going up in price and getting retired is good business. Buy before they go up or are gone. That was why I took the time to figure this stuff out. Wish they would have given us this info, and they will... next week. I am not trying to spoil anything just get pertinent info out that we were not told not to say anything about.

Ah, I had thought it was supposed to be secrecy on all fronts - not just the news stuff. Thanks for explaining.
I'm still annoyed I didn't see the spoiler thread when it was up, but glad I missed all the drama in it.

And thanks again for the heads-up on price changes and retiring products.

Thanks for the info. Its nice that those of us who can't go to launch can still receive information. It's not about choosing to make the investment to go for me- that would be easy. Its an issue of working two jobs, having family obligations and not being able to take time off of my full time job to travel to another state for spring launch. PC doesn't pay my bills- I can't skip out on the job & deadlines/responsibilities that do pay my bills in order to find out what the new products are. And I do understand it does pay some people's bills, but I'd have to be an ED to even come close to replacing my current income and benefits. Besides, I didn't get into PC as a career- I'm a hobbyist. PC is promoted as fleixble enough to fit with everyone's life. Why should us hobbyists not have the same right to know what's going on as the career PCers? That's just my opinion, feel free to disagree. But, if there is anyone out there who agrees and was able to attend spring launch, feel free to share info with me at [email protected] . I promise not to tell anyone else- unless they ask me.

mjbroncobabe said:
and I have a hard enough time selling our products because "they're too expensive." Oh, I know they are awesome quality, but really. I think I made a big mistake getting into this business. It's not been as easy as we say it is. Sorry for the rant...I'm in one of those moods tonight. Not happy, frustrated with how it's going. Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm done. Have a good night everyone...

Someone brought a printout to our Cluster Meeting from CC of our items by price, which was a real surprise. Probably 2/3 of them are under $20 -- seriously! This is a great thing to print off and bring to parties and highlight all the stuff under $20 to prove its not all expensive stuff.

Sandi

raebates said:
Thanks! Saves me going through the new catalog.

this may have been addressed, but where did you get this? In Novi, we did not get the S/S update book. Just the new catalog & SB

Never mind ;-)
read the rest of this. thanks for going thru and making a list for us

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
They (HO) don't make a big deal about the price changes because they don't want us to concentrate on that. I have found that RARELY do customers notice a price change if I don't point it out and when they do they understand it's the way of business. All companies change their prices with new catalogs.

If we make a big deal about the price changes our customers will concentrate on that too. And as far as the discontinued items is concerned, I have found that when those items are pointed out guests expect them to be on sale because they're going out of the book.(If I need sales, I will sometimes offer 10% off retiring products) So if I know someone has been collecting or has been wanting something that's going away I will let them know about it or if someone asks me I will share but otherwise I don't comment on it.

If we make a big deal about it it will become a big deal.

I also want to say that it still amazes me that people don't get the whole "don't tell" thing. HO wants all those who INVEST time and $$ in going to the launches to get the SAME experience. When news is posted it takes away from that. As far as the "don't open it" attitude is concerned, that info shouldn't be out there anyway - if you want the info then make the investment ...otherwise WAIT.
:thumbup::thumbup:

wise words in this whole comment, Beth. AND, as I work full time (plus), and have several other outside work commitments in addition to PC, I feel that SL, especially on a Saturday, are for those who are trying to make this a business with a small time commitment for training. It was well worth my driving 2 hours one way, and investing a full day for learning. If you can't make the $/time commitment for Nat'l Conf., this is an excellent training to attend. Seeing Marna Ross in action was great, and lots of fun. And hearing what others are doing, in Michigan, in their first few months of business inspired me to try something different.

Not everyone can do this, I understand. But for those of us who choose to, it is nice to feel like you get to see things before some who choose not to go.

I pretty much agree with Beth that if we make a big deal, so will they. I don't share price increases b/c it feeds the "it's too expensive" but it was handy to have in a conversation with a customer when she talked about things she was getting next month. (This item going up in price, that one wont' be in the catalog) so she can make good decisions about what to order this time. But I don't ship out pages of retiring items and certainly not the price hike.

Another friend of mine was balking at the price of the stainless scoops but wants 2 of them ... I think I'm going to stock up on these for a small cash and carry order ...

Thank you so much...I have a 6 week old little baby boy so unable to stop to spring launch...nice to be able to give my customers a heads up if they are interested in a retiring product.

I need to be able to copy the retirement/ price increases onto 1 sheet. Does anyone know how I can do this from the thumbnails? Or does anyone have the information in a word document?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Sherry, after I clicked the links, it was still to small to print, but if you click it again then it turns into a full page to print. Hope that helps!

Maragib said:
I think it is funny that it seems that they are already getting rid of the new colors. I thought they were ugly to begin with. Mara

Historically, new colors only last a season. The only color that has stuck around for a long time is cranberry.

sherry said:
I need to be able to copy the retirement/ price increases onto 1 sheet. Does anyone know how I can do this from the thumbnails? Or does anyone have the information in a word document?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I would like this too.

For those of you asking, Chef Success does not allow spreadsheets. I had to convert the file to JPEG imiages so I could post them. The original file is an excel spreadsheet. If you want a copy of the original file, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send the files to you.

BethCooks4U said:

As one who went to SL last year and didn't know anything in advance I was VERY excited to see the new items as they were presented. Then, I went to SL 2 days ago (and had clicked on the spoiler link before going), I found myself kind of bored and detached from the presentation. I can say that if someone posts a spoiler link the next time around, I won't click on it. I want to be surprised!

lt1jane said:
For those of you asking, Chef Success does not allow spreadsheets. I had to convert the file to JPEG imiages so I could post them. The original file is an excel spreadsheet. If you want a copy of the original file, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send the files to you.

CS does allow .zip files though. If you have a Zip utility, you could put the Excel file in .zip format, and upload it that way.

Thank you so much!!! :)

<h2>1. Can I know the price increases for Pampered Chef products before they are officially announced?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of budgeting and planning for purchases. We strive to provide our customers with the most up-to-date information on prices, including any changes or increases. However, we ask that you please wait for the official announcement before sharing this information with others.</p><h2>2. Will there be a significant increase in prices for Pampered Chef products?</h2><p>We continuously assess and adjust our prices to ensure the highest quality products and services for our customers. While there may be some changes in prices, we can assure you that we always strive to offer fair and competitive prices for our high-quality products.</p><h2>3. How often do Pampered Chef products retire?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are constantly innovating and updating our product line to provide our customers with the best and latest kitchen tools and gadgets. This means that some products may retire to make room for new and improved options. However, we always strive to keep our best-selling and customer-favorite products available.</p><h2>4. Can I still purchase a product that is retiring?</h2><p>If you have your eye on a product that is retiring, we recommend purchasing it as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out. Once a product is retired, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may be able to find the product through a consultant who may have remaining inventory.</p><h2>5. How can I find out which products are retiring?</h2><p>We will always announce retiring products through official channels, such as our website, social media, and email newsletters. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on retiring products. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide you with the best products and services.</p>

1. Can I know the price increases for Pampered Chef products before they are officially announced?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of budgeting and planning for purchases. We strive to provide our customers with the most up-to-date information on prices, including any changes or increases. However, we ask that you please wait for the official announcement before sharing this information with others.

2. Will there be a significant increase in prices for Pampered Chef products?

We continuously assess and adjust our prices to ensure the highest quality products and services for our customers. While there may be some changes in prices, we can assure you that we always strive to offer fair and competitive prices for our high-quality products.

3. How often do Pampered Chef products retire?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly innovating and updating our product line to provide our customers with the best and latest kitchen tools and gadgets. This means that some products may retire to make room for new and improved options. However, we always strive to keep our best-selling and customer-favorite products available.

4. Can I still purchase a product that is retiring?

If you have your eye on a product that is retiring, we recommend purchasing it as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out. Once a product is retired, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may be able to find the product through a consultant who may have remaining inventory.

5. How can I find out which products are retiring?

We will always announce retiring products through official channels, such as our website, social media, and email newsletters. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on retiring products. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide you with the best products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Wright
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Teresa Lynn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell