• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Price Changes and Retiring Products

In summary, there is a discussion about whether or not it is okay to post the Price Increases and Retiring Products before they are officially released. Some people believe it is fine to post the information since it is not new products, while others are concerned it may lead to questions and issues. However, many people appreciate the information being shared and believe it is up to individuals to decide whether or not to view it. Some even see it as a good opportunity to inform customers and potentially boost sales. Additionally, there is talk about a list of retiring items being shared, including a few items that people are upset about losing. Overall, there is appreciation for the information being shared and some discussion about the new products that may be coming out.
lt1jane
Gold Member
Before I post the files, I want to know if it would be OK to post the Price Increases and the Retiring Products.

They were specific not to leak the new stuff, but I don't see why we can't know the price increases for sure and the retiring products.

I dont see why that would be a problem. Its not new stuff coming out and thats all they asked us not to tell

I for one would love to know what is being retired. I am going to SL next week in Baltimore but would love info ahead of time for a show I am doing. It may boost sales.
If nothing else, you can message me.
Thanks a bunch

Shelly Flanagan said:
I for one would love to know what is being retired. I am going to SL next week in Baltimore but would love info ahead of time for a show I am doing. It may boost sales.
If nothing else, you can message me.
Thanks a bunch

agreed - if no one else wants it i would love you to message it to me

I was sure I'd be OK, but wanted some opinions before I posted and got slammed because I took the time to go through my catalogs and figure things out before they officially post the info next week. Here are theretiring items:

The price increases are now down a few posts. The original file was so large you only saw a tiny thumbnail. I have split it up so hopefully now people can read it.

Last edited:
Thank you. Only two I am upset about is the IGFY cookbook and snack set. I sell a lot of these.

I think it is funny that it seems that they are already getting rid of the new colors. I thought they were ugly to begin with. Mara

Thank you for posting these. I know I have one customer who will be upset about losing the basil blend canola oil. She orders these 3 or 4 at a time. I just let her know though. Is there any tips to see the price increase sheet? I only see it really small, but it is probably just the way I am getting into it. Thanks again! I really appreciate this.

Here are the price increases. I have split them up so they can be seen

Last edited:
I'm not sure if these should be posted. It may lead to more questions and issues than if we waited. If they are getting rid of something because they are changing it or upgrading it, it might give away something new that is coming out.

Honestly, since I have been to SL.....I think this list is fine to post. Maybe........MAYBE one item is a hint of something new that is coming out. A lot of it is just seasonal.

thepartylady said:
Honestly, since I have been to SL.....I think this list is fine to post. Maybe........MAYBE one item is a hint of something new that is coming out. A lot of it is just seasonal.

Yes but for those of us who haven't been WE don't know that. Plus all things were suppose to be kept under wrap. Nobody would know this information if they didn't go to spring launch.

Thanks Jane, this saved me tons of time!

Malinda Klein said:
Thanks Jane, this saved me tons of time!

Ditto!!! Thanks!

Just my opinion..I like the way that she posted them. If someone doesn't want to see them..then don't open the pics..Thank you for saving us all time and doing this.

I think we are all adults here and can choose whether to click on this link or not. I appreciate all your efforts, Jane and have a few customers who will order now before the price increase. This whole post - do not post business is absurd.

Jane - Thanks for the information. I appreciate the fact that you posted it. I agree that we are adults and can choose whether we click on something or not. Ditto the whole "Post - Do Not Post business is absurd". Have a great day!

Thank you so much. I have a customer that is always ordering simple additions in the cranberry. I will give her a call. Nice to know the price increases too. Good incentive to book February shows before the cookware sets go up.
I really appreciate you giving us the information. Maybe it is because I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee, but I haven't figured out what the new products could possibly be.

Thanks for posting! It's always nice to be able to say, stock up on your favs. before they increase in price.

Maragib said:
I think it is funny that it seems that they are already getting rid of the new colors. I thought they were ugly to begin with. Mara
That is something that PC does quite often. Since I started 8 years ago, we've had seasonal colors for all of those items. I would have been more surprised if those colors hadn't been discontinued.

Thank you for posting, now to let my customers know about their favorites going away - ie cranberry additions :(

Thanks! Saves me going through the new catalog.

I thought I was being an adult by simply stating that this information probably shouldn't be posted. I'm simply listening to what HO told everybody at SL about not sharing any information until it's all over on Saturday. This would be information that pertains to the new season in my opinion.

I went to Launch and didn't get this info... did I miss something?! LOL but thanks for posting because I already had people asking (about discontinued items).

Did you put this info together yourself? I didn't get a list - I was in Columbus!

thank you for this - very helpful. I can't believe that some of the bbq products are going up by $2. And won't even talk about the cookware increases - ouch!

Thanks for posting! It does help. And I don't think it gives away too much information regarding anything in the new product line (and I know what they are). It's mostly price increases and "the usual" retiring products. On a side note- A LOT of price increases again. Seems like they just did a big round of them last year.

esavvymom said:
On a side note- A LOT of price increases again. Seems like they just did a big round of them last year.

I agree - I was a bit shocked at how many things were increased so dramatically. The cookware is already borderline overpriced as is (yes I know it is amazing quality - please don't post mean things about me saying this), and I noticed a few other items that I had once felt were perfectly priced now reaching into the questionable range. I'm sure I will hear about this from my customers. It would be nice to have a catalog season without such dramatic changes.
Having said that - I'm sure HO has done their research and didn't just randomly assign increases. Now it's up to me to trust them and believe in the superior quality of our products which is the reason for the sometimes higher than average prices.

mountainmama74 said:
Did you put this info together yourself? I didn't get a list - I was in Columbus!

Ok glad I wasn't the only one who missed this then. I was also in Columbus and didn't get a list!

hello
do retired products go to the Outlet store?
thank you
from Michelle

Leanna said:
Ok glad I wasn't the only one who missed this then. I was also in Columbus and didn't get a list!

We did not get this in Columbus. She did take the time to go through the catalog and make the lists up and graciously share with us.

If it helps any, using stainless for example, our cookware seems to be most comparable in price and quality to the All-Clad brand which ranges in price from $450 - $1150 for 7 to 14 piece sets at Macy's and Bed Bath & Beyond. Our customers could get 15 pieces (the 7 piece, 5 piece, 8" saute pan and 12" skillet or stock pot) for full price at $1059 (before price increase) or for half price as little as $529.5 plus all their other free and discounted products with that kind of show. Macy's and BB&B have sales, but not that kind of sale.

Thank you for doing this! I have saved to my computer to share with my team!

michellelinda said:
hello
do retired products go to the Outlet store?
thank you
from Michelle

From my understanding, they don't move to the outlet until at least 18 months after the close of the season - and this is only if they have stock.

They sometimes run out of the items being retired before the season ends (when they run out of stock).

jcsmilez said:
If it helps any, using stainless for example, our cookware seems to be most comparable in price and quality to the All-Clad brand which ranges in price from $450 - $1150 for 7 to 14 piece sets at Macy's and Bed Bath & Beyond. Our customers could get 15 pieces (the 7 piece, 5 piece, 8" saute pan and 12" skillet or stock pot) for full price at $1059 (before price increase) or for half price as little as $529.5 plus all their other free and discounted products with that kind of show. Macy's and BB&B have sales, but not that kind of sale.

Thank you!!!! This information is very helpful! We don't have either of these stores near us - but the names are known as quality businesses. This is just the infor I was needing - you are an angel!

Thanks so much for posting. Wishing I could see new products, but I won't hear or see until I get my box from PC....can't go to meetings. Oh well.

jcsmilez said:

Nep2nfly said:
Thank you!!!! This information is very helpful! We don't have either of these stores near us - but the names are known as quality businesses. This is just the infor I was needing - you are an angel!

One other thing to note about AC. They set the prices and do not allow sales unless cleared by them, and usually that is allowed only once a year. Never, never 1/2 price!!!!

I knew the owner of an upscale cooking store here in Boise. she was allowed to have sales twice a year with no more than 20% off and most of the pieces were only 15% off. I am replacing nearly all my AC with PC!!!

Jane, thanks so much! You saved me so much time!

KayPT said:
Thank you for posting these. I know I have one customer who will be upset about losing the basil blend canola oil. She orders these 3 or 4 at a time. I just let her know though. Is there any tips to see the price increase sheet? I only see it really small, but it is probably just the way I am getting into it. Thanks again! I really appreciate this.

ltjane, thank you for posting. I wish we had all of this info at the beginning of a month before new products come out and others get deleted so we can speak of it at our shows in Feb. I also have a customer who totally loves the oil--she just ordered 3 more bottles during my Cyber Monday sale--now I can quickly contact her.

ChefBeckyD said:
That is something that PC does quite often. Since I started 8 years ago, we've had seasonal colors for all of those items. I would have been more surprised if those colors hadn't been discontinued.

I love that they change the colors every now and then. I have scrapers in green and blue from I dont even know how long ago. Im not a big orange person but bc pumpkin was a new color I didnt have, I had to have it.

I know there are other customers like me so color changes are awesome!!!!

Nep2nfly said:
I agree - I was a bit shocked at how many things were increased so dramatically. The cookware is already borderline overpriced as is (yes I know it is amazing quality - please don't post mean things about me saying this), and I noticed a few other items that I had once felt were perfectly priced now reaching into the questionable range. I'm sure I will hear about this from my customers. It would be nice to have a catalog season without such dramatic changes.
Having said that - I'm sure HO has done their research and didn't just randomly assign increases. Now it's up to me to trust them and believe in the superior quality of our products which is the reason for the sometimes higher than average prices.

You crack me up! There is my mean comment. LOL

And I agree with you 100%

Thank you for doing this. I attended SL and we didn't receive this information.

I don't agree with THE DON'T POST demands that have been going around; my understanding of this forum is we are all PC consultants so it isn't against company policy to share with other consultants. As for it being a spoiler, forum headings are quite clear, if you don't want if spoiled then resist temptation and don't read it.

Anyone have the changes in a file doc. format or adobe? Tried to cut/paste to word, but wouldn't work for me. Thanks.

ltjane, thanks for posting. I look to Chef Success to get early news.

Not for nothing, and this is a question to all and not just jane, but how is this thread so much different than the ones from people talking about the new products? If we're all supposed to wait and just suck it up if we didn't go to SL?

I don't pretend to understand how these things get decided upon, and why some people get jumped on and others don't. No answer is necessary, just an observation. I am happy to see what's going away. I'd also be happy to click on another spoiler thread of new products.

Carry on. I never liked those cranberry simple additions. I do have a few customers who are going to be sad about it. Not sorry to see the SA go myself, but I'll miss the pizza & roll mix.

The ONLY thing they asked us not to tell about were the new products. I am adhering to that.

Knowing what things are going up in price and getting retired is good business. Buy before they go up or are gone. That was why I took the time to figure this stuff out. Wish they would have given us this info, and they will... next week. I am not trying to spoil anything just get pertinent info out that we were not told not to say anything about.

What are the thoughts regarding sharing the DC'ed and price increasing info at shows during Feb?

That's EXACTLY why I shared this info. So you can share it at shows! I'm a penny-pincher by nature. If I know something's going up, I may add to my order. If I know something's going away, that may go on my order too!

Thanks, It1jane, for posting! I've already contacted some of my customers to let them know about some of the DC'd items.

Thank you!! I went to SL and have the new catty, but missed alot of the DC's items. Wow! I am personally sad about a few of them. Thanks again!

Thanks for posting I can let my customers know what is leaving. I don't think things leaving is a spoiler. I truly don't have time to try and figure out what is new.

They will have all of the price increases and the Discontinued items listed in the Special Edition Consultant News. I know we'll get one but I can't remember when (changeover box, supply order, ??). It will be online soon too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Wright
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Teresa Lynn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell