• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Backyard BBQ Show: Fajita Bar & More!

In summary, for a BBQ party with a fajita bar, you can incorporate cookware by using a cast iron skillet on the grill to cook the meat and vegetables, as well as heating up tortillas. A recipe for grilled chicken fajitas is also provided, which includes marinating the chicken in a flavorful mixture and using a cast iron skillet to cook the peppers and onions. This will add a fun and interactive element to the party and allow guests to customize their own fajitas.
chefjill
I have a show in September and my host wants to do a BBQ party in her backyard. I was thinking about doing a fajita bar, grilling the meat then using the knives to cut up the onions/lettuce, have salsa, etc. How would incorporate the cookware?
Also, if you have a recipe that you think is better, please let me know. I've never done a BBQ show so I'm open to any & all suggestions.

Thanks so much!!!

How about using a sauce pan to warm up your fajita or barbeque sauce?

One idea to incorporate the cookware into the fajita bar is to use a cast iron skillet on the grill to cook the meat and vegetables. You can also have a separate skillet for heating up tortillas. This will add a fun and interactive element to the party as guests can help cook their own fajitas. As for a recipe, here is one for grilled chicken fajitas that you can try:Ingredients:- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts- 1 red bell pepper, sliced- 1 green bell pepper, sliced- 1 yellow onion, sliced- 1 tablespoon olive oil- 1 teaspoon chili powder- 1 teaspoon cumin- 1 teaspoon garlic powder- Salt and pepper, to taste- Tortillas- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheeseInstructions:1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.3. Add the chicken breasts to a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.4. In a separate bowl, toss the sliced peppers and onions with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.5. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through.6. While the chicken is cooking, add the peppers and onions to a cast iron skillet on the grill. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until they are slightly softened.7. Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.8. Warm up the tortillas on the grill, using a separate cast iron skillet if desired.9. Assemble your fajitas by placing the sliced chicken, peppers, and onions on a tortilla. Add any desired toppings and roll up the tortilla.10. Serve and enjoy your delicious grilled chicken fajitas!

Related to Preparing for a Backyard BBQ Show: Fajita Bar & More!

1. What type of grill should I use for a backyard BBQ show?

For a backyard BBQ show, we recommend using a gas or charcoal grill. Gas grills are convenient and easy to use, while charcoal grills provide that traditional smoky flavor. Ultimately, it depends on your personal preference and the equipment you have available.

2. How many people can I serve with a fajita bar?

A fajita bar can typically serve 6-8 people per pound of meat. So, for a backyard BBQ show, we recommend having at least 2-3 pounds of meat for every 10 guests. This will ensure that everyone has enough to eat and can customize their fajitas to their liking.

3. What ingredients do I need for a fajita bar?

For a fajita bar, you will need tortillas, sliced bell peppers and onions, sliced chicken or steak, fajita seasoning, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese. You can also add other toppings like cilantro, jalapenos, and lime wedges for extra flavor.

4. Can I prepare the fajitas beforehand?

Yes, you can prepare the fajitas beforehand by marinating the meat and slicing the vegetables in advance. You can also preheat the grill and have all the ingredients ready to go. This will save you time during the BBQ show and allow you to spend more time with your guests.

5. What other dishes can I serve with a fajita bar?

In addition to the fajita bar, you can serve other dishes like corn on the cob, grilled vegetables, rice and beans, and a refreshing summer salad. You can also offer a variety of drinks, such as margaritas, beer, and non-alcoholic options. Don't forget to have some dessert options, like grilled fruit skewers or churros, to end the BBQ show on a sweet note.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • maddy123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Zacksmommie
Replies