• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prepare for Chilly Weather in San Francisco: Packing Tips from a Floridian

In summary, when packing for chilly weather in San Francisco, it's important to layer your clothing, pack a heavy coat and a lighter jacket, bring waterproof shoes and an umbrella, and pack versatile clothing. Staying hydrated is also important in the city's unpredictable weather.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
So, I'm trying to think on what I'm packing and I looked at the weather and it says that the high is to be 60 degrees and the low is 40 degrees. Of course we're still 4 days out so it may change but I'm thinking that the temp is COOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD!!!! So, I'll be packing jeans and maybe wearing black slacks for the dinner. I'm not sure but I'm wondering what the rest of you think?

Remember, I live in Florida!!!

Thanks in advance!!!:D

Dress in layers and you should be okay. It's very windy when you are out sightseeing, especially at the pier/wharf... I'd go with a shirt/sweatshirt/windbreaker combo and you can peel off if/when it gets warm.

The cold can be nippy, especially if there is moisture/fog in the air, but I don't imagine you'd need to pack a heavy winter coat.

Thank you Joy! I appreciate it! I will be at the pier and we're doing the Alcatraz tour so I will be off to look for my PC sweatshirt!! Thanks!!!:D

I just checked the weather and it won't be much different than what we have here right now, so I'm fine with that! At least I don't have to run out and buy some more warm weather clothes yet. :)

I own like 2 pairs of jeans and one of them I have on right now because it's chilly here! I guess I'll be packing all of my cold weather clothing!! I'm excited though!

You definitely want your jeans! I love San Fran weather: it's very mild. Dress in layers and be prepared for rain at any time. Have fun!

1. How do I pack for chilly weather in San Francisco if I'm used to warm weather in Florida?

When packing for San Francisco's chilly weather, it's important to layer your clothing. Start with a base layer of thermal or moisture-wicking material, followed by a warm sweater or fleece, and top it off with a waterproof jacket. Don't forget to pack a scarf, gloves, and a beanie to keep your extremities warm as well.

2. Will I need to bring a heavy coat for San Francisco's chilly weather?

It's always a good idea to bring a heavy coat, especially if you're not used to colder climates. However, San Francisco's weather can be unpredictable, so it's also a good idea to pack a lighter jacket that you can layer with if needed.

3. What type of shoes should I pack for chilly weather in San Francisco?

It's important to pack shoes that can withstand rain and potentially slippery sidewalks. Opt for waterproof boots or sneakers with good traction to keep your feet warm and dry. You can also pack a pair of warm socks to wear with your shoes for extra insulation.

4. Do I need to pack an umbrella for San Francisco's chilly weather?

Yes, it's always a good idea to pack an umbrella when visiting San Francisco. Even if it's not raining, the city is known for its fog and mist, which can make for a damp and chilly day.

5. Any other packing tips for dealing with chilly weather in San Francisco?

In addition to packing layers and waterproof gear, it's also important to pack versatile clothing that can easily be dressed up or down. San Francisco's weather can change quickly, so having a mix of clothing options will ensure you're prepared for any type of weather. Also, don't forget to bring a reusable water bottle and stay hydrated throughout the day!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Addie4TLC
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies