• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Egg Whites in a Prep Bowl?

In summary, you can make egg whites in a prep bowl without a stand mixer, using a hand mixer or whisk. No additional ingredients are needed and the process usually takes 5-10 minutes. A plastic prep bowl can be used, but stainless steel or glass are recommended for easier cleaning. To clean the prep bowl after making egg whites, wash with warm soapy water and soak if necessary.
atpchef
So I know there's a quick recipe for eggs in your prep bowl where you just scramble eggs, add salt, pepper, cheese, etc and microwave. I have a customer asking about if they can do it with egg whites. Does anyone know? I haven't tried egg whites yet. Thanks!

I don't do the scrambled but we have used them for soft cooked eggs
1/2 c water, salt and an egg 35 seconds is perfect

I haven't tried it with just whites...sorry!

Sure - just whites (part of the egg!) works fine. 2 whites - spray your bowl with non stick veg oil spray, 1 minute in microwave.

Teresa Lynn said:
I don't do the scrambled but we have used them for soft cooked eggs
1/2 c water, salt and an egg 35 seconds is perfect
in or out of the shell?

Last edited:
Well I was too impatient to wait for a reply . App arently I should have taken it outof the shelly first. Lol BIG mess LOL

You have to at least pierce the shell. Best not to have it at all, I would venture a guess. Maybe your experiment told you the same? LOL!

Teresa LM said:
You have to at least pierce the shell. Best not to have it at all, I would venture a guess. Maybe your experiment told you the same? LOL!

Yeah - I won't be doing THAT again LOLOLOL:eek:

sorry been in the hospital for emergency gallstones surgery i dump them in the water they are like poached eggs

Yikes! Hope you're feeling better!

1. Can I make egg whites in a prep bowl without a stand mixer?

Yes, you can make egg whites in a prep bowl without a stand mixer. While a stand mixer can make the process easier, you can also use a hand mixer or a whisk to beat the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks.

2. Do I need to add any ingredients to the egg whites when making them in a prep bowl?

No, you do not need to add any additional ingredients when making egg whites in a prep bowl. Simply crack the eggs and separate the whites into the bowl.

3. How long does it take to make egg whites in a prep bowl?

The time it takes to make egg whites in a prep bowl can vary depending on the method you use to beat them. Typically, it takes around 5-10 minutes to beat the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks.

4. Can I use a plastic prep bowl to make egg whites?

Yes, you can use a plastic prep bowl to make egg whites. However, stainless steel or glass prep bowls are recommended as they are easier to clean and do not retain any odors or flavors from previous use.

5. What is the best way to clean a prep bowl after making egg whites?

The best way to clean a prep bowl after making egg whites is to wash it with warm soapy water and a sponge or cloth. If there are any stubborn egg white residues, you can also soak the bowl in warm water before washing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • cookingwithlove
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • ivykeep