• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Crack Eggs in a QSP for Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using a QSP (quick stir pitcher) to mix scrambled eggs in a crockpot. The participants have not personally tried it, but believe it would work well. One person has used the QSP to mix eggs in a third grade classroom and found it less messy. Another person has used their crockpot to make eggs with velveeta and sometimes sausage, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. They also mention using the QSP for making ziploc omelets and suggest using other products such as the classic batter bowl or SS bowls with lids.
jdavis
Got a question for you all.....
I am going to make scrambled eggs at work tomorrow in the crockpot, as I have done a few times now, and I have already brought the crockpot to work this morning and I was thinking about already having the eggs cracked and cheese diced, before I got there, but I am really trying to figure out something deep enough that it will not spill over on the trip to take the kids and drop them off then to work, then I seen my QSP just sitting there, it had just been washed and I was thinking what a great idea, do you think that I could just crack the eggs in there, then add the milk, and when I get there plunge it and that would stir it up enough? I am going to make at least 2 dozen eggs and I figure I would just dice the cheese and put it in a ziploc and dump it into the crockpot as well as the sausage, but do you think that the QSP would work on mixing up the eggs? Has anyone else tried it?

TIA
Jen

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it would work!

I use my quick stir pitcher all the time for eggs. It mixes them up perfectly! If you are going to do 2 dozen you will need the gallon size for all the eggs and the milk to fit in.I have done this in a 3rd grade classroom, and it was less messy with stirring.

pamperedalf said:
I use my quick stir pitcher all the time for eggs. It mixes them up perfectly! If you are going to do 2 dozen you will need the gallon size for all the eggs and the milk to fit in.

I have done this in a 3rd grade classroom, and it was less messy with stirring.

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!

I was talking about the gallon-size by the way, (I don't know why I didn't say that) it is the old version I have the new version quart-size one in the fridge right now with koolaid in it the boys just love to plunge it, so I just now got the small one which is why the big one is empty at the moment, lol.

I have heard of this before! Especially with camping and in an RV. I love our products because they have so many uses!

It was so cool to watch when I plunged it, I might have to try this for a demo some time, lol, I just couldn't wait 'til I got to work to try it.....So childish, I know, lol. But I made way too many and so they didn't get done at the time they were supposed to, I had to get a bowl full of them (luckily I had the small bb in the fridge from yesterday's lunch and cleaned it out) and nuked some of them so they could eat them at break time.

I have never heard of making eggs in a crock pot. How do you do that?

QSP probably works great, but I thought of another idea. You could also probably use the classic batter bowl or one of the SS bowls since they both have lids. Of course, you'd miss seeing the stirring which I can expect would be cool!

Jeanie Gay

I just thought I would try it one day, I work in a factory (ughh) and we almost always have a snack day before a holiday so I thought nobody ever brings breakfast so I tried it, and it worked.

Anyway, I mix up eggs and milk, and I always use velveeta, and sometimes sausage. Add it to the crockpot or just mix it in the crockpot, then turn it on, stir it every so often so it doesn't burn. My crockpot only has a high, low, and off, so I usually switch back and forth and keep an eye on it, but I kept it on high the whole time since I had put so much in it and I couldn't get it to really start cooking fast enough. But usually when I do a smaller amount 12-18 eggs it takes about 3 hours, which if I go in early is how long it is until first break and it is perfect.

A guy in the department I usually work in has his wife make tortillas and so we make breakfast burritos, but today a guy brought a plug-in skillet and made potatoes to put in them, it was good when I finally got some eggs done.

QSP for eggs! I'm using that idea for the Ziploc Omelets for sure! Thanks!

pcjeanie said:
QSP probably works great, but I thought of another idea. You could also probably use the classic batter bowl or one of the SS bowls since they both have lids. Of course, you'd miss seeing the stirring which I can expect would be cool!

Jeanie Gay

I didn't think the BB would be big enough, and then I would have had to brought along a whisk, and that would have resulted in more time, but I have taken them before in the BB, but that was when there were far less eggs for me to make. The SS Bowls, no way, the lids don't fit tight and I wouldn't wnat to have to clean eggs out of my van.

What is a QSP for Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

A QSP, or Quick-Stir Pitcher, is a tool designed by Pampered Chef specifically for making scrambled eggs in the crockpot. It features a unique whisking mechanism that helps create fluffy and evenly-cooked eggs.

Can I crack eggs directly into the QSP for Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

Yes, you can crack the eggs directly into the QSP. However, we recommend cracking them into a separate bowl first to check for any broken shells or to remove any unwanted ingredients before pouring them into the QSP.

How many eggs can the QSP hold for Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

The QSP can hold up to 8 large eggs for making scrambled eggs in the crockpot. If you want to make a larger batch, you can always use multiple QSPs or pour the eggs directly into the crockpot.

Do I need to add any liquid when using the QSP for Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

No, you do not need to add any additional liquid when using the QSP for making scrambled eggs in the crockpot. The eggs will release enough moisture while cooking to create a fluffy and creamy texture.

Can I use the QSP for other recipes besides Crockpot Scrambled Eggs?

While the QSP is specifically designed for making scrambled eggs in the crockpot, it can also be used for other recipes that require whisking or blending ingredients, such as pancake batter or salad dressings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• atpchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • kam