• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

AHA Moment: Prep Bowls for Easter Egg Dyeing!

In summary, prep bowls are the perfect Easter egg dying bowl. They are easy to use, provide a nice colorful bed for the eggs, and are mess free.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
prep bowls are the perfect Easter egg dying bowl. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner! It was an AHA moment!

Same here--I'll have to remember this next year a few months before Easter.

glad I saw this post. I have the cups that I save and re-use every year just buying the dye as refills (after Easter and saving for the next year, just got the chocolate bunny out of the freezer too).

This year, I couldn't find them. (I did find them, after I started the eggs and went looking for the second bag of jelly beans.) So, I used my 1-cup bowls. They are great. One egg gets completely submerged, but if you like 2-tone eggs, two eggs in a bowl allow for a second color because they don't get completlely submerged.

For Easter grass, which my husband hates because of the mess, I love the microfiber towels and washcloths. They provide a nice colorful bed without all the mess.

Brilliant! Wish I'd have read this before I colored eggs!

We used the egg seperator insted of the wire things that come with the kit. It was so much easier for my son to hold.

I like the idea of using towels instead of plastic grass. My husband told me yesterday that our cat will eat the grass which will cause tears in her intestines. I never knew that.

I think the egg separator is a great idea for dipping eggs. I used cheer leader pom poms that you can get for a dollar as grass for the grandkids baskets. Worked great and no mess.

One of my hosts tagged me in a FB pic of her using the prep bowls with her daughter to dye the eggs...I hadn't even thought of it myself!!

Now why didn't I read this BEFORE Easter! I will have to remember it next year. And, tell my guests!

1. What are prep bowls and how do they make Easter egg dyeing easier?

Prep bowls are small, shallow bowls that are designed for holding and organizing ingredients or small items during cooking and baking. They make Easter egg dyeing easier by providing a designated space for each color of dye, making it easy to access and mix the colors without creating a mess.

2. How many prep bowls do I need for Easter egg dyeing?

The number of prep bowls needed depends on how many different colors of dye you plan to use. We recommend having at least one prep bowl for each color, plus a few extras for mixing different shades or for holding other supplies such as spoons or paper towels.

3. Can prep bowls be used for anything other than Easter egg dyeing?

Yes, prep bowls are versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes in the kitchen. They are great for holding chopped herbs, spices, sauces, or other ingredients while cooking or baking. They can also be used for serving sauces, dips, or condiments at a party or gathering.

4. Are the prep bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, our prep bowls are made from high-quality, durable materials that are safe to use in the dishwasher. Just be sure to place them on the top rack for best results.

5. Do you have any tips for organizing the prep bowls during Easter egg dyeing?

Yes, we recommend labeling each prep bowl with the color of dye it contains to avoid confusion and keep things organized. You can also use a muffin tin or egg carton to hold the prep bowls in place and prevent them from tipping over. And don't forget to have a few extra paper towels on hand for any spills or drips!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies