• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Predicting and Wishing for Discontinued Items in 2007

In summary, the items that may be discontinued are the tiles paper napkins, the silicone oven mitt, the skewer set, and the deluxe cheese grater. The items that Gillian wants to see discontinued are the stoneware lid/bowl, the pink towels, the scraper in a color, the 2005-2006 classic scraper, the small mix n scraper, the dessert plates, the mix n masher, and the stainless double balloon whisk.
Okay my list after looking at the book:
The linens-maybe if they were different colors??
Change the pattern on the oil dipping set
the dessert plates
the carafe is plated and overpriced
a more ergonomic vegi peeler (follow the rest w/ black handels??)
mini-whpper (does not stir chocolate in glass of milk)(
cake stencil
paper napkins of course, however I do not think we should burn them in protest, those things are expensive!!! Way overpriced...

I love my silicone mit, and do agree that the SA are expensive as well
I also like the new trivet

MicheleC said:
Now am I the only one who loves the silicone mitt? I sell a ton of these and people love them! They are weird to get used to but they always stay clean and that's the best part to me.

No, I LOVE mine, I still need to get another one or duh, I need to order these for christmas presents everyone in my family just looks at me wierd at first when they see me start to get something out of the oven with it, you are going to use that, yes, that's what it's for, I love it, we call it the lobster claw. I think one of the best features is that you don't have to wait for it to finish in the washer and dryer before you can use it again after you spill sauce on it, UGHH, although I think it is pretty funny that they said you can put it in the washer or dishwasher, lol, why when you can just get some soap and run it under water and it's clean, Voila!

I loathe the Silicone Oven Mitt!! That darn thing made me burn my hand when I took something out of the oven. It didn't resist the heat. I love the fluffy, thick, long sleeved Terrycloth Oven Mitts. I do hope they bring it back.

The Cookie Press is the most difficult thing to operate. When it works (and I've had 2) it is neat, but it seldom works. I know about the flour and all that (temperature and humidity effecting the dough). It just doesn't live up to the expectations for me.

mbh06 said:
paper napkins of course, however I do not think we should burn them in protest, those things are expensive!!! Way overpriced...

We would only burn our samples, not ones we purchased full price! Mine are still sitting on top of my fridge waiting to be burned!!

Wow!!! I just placed an order (happy holidays to me) and should have checked here first. I ordered the mini whipper (I thought the kids would like it) and the cookie press. Lets hope I can operate it:)
I only started in september, but have had at least 5 people ask to order the old oven mitts. I do not like SA. I think it is over-priced, I know this sounds silly, bit I don't like the stark white. My kitchen/dishes are all brown and black and the white looks silly with it. What does anyone do with the bread tubes. I had one years ago, but found it useless.

I have never seen the tiles napkins, but due to peer pressure, i will burn mine if i ever get them!!!! How long before they hit the outlet?!?!?

I just got my cookie press yesterday. I'm going to follow the tips from the other thread on here about not packing flour too tightly and hope that works OK.

I wish the silicone mitt was in cranberry. That would match my kitchen. Or even a green. I like it but the red is a little off..of course, my other mitts are blue to match the old kitchen so nothing in my house matches :)

The white SA works great to me for holidays...doesn't overshadow your other decor. I agree there should be a 1/2 price host item, maybe the 3 tier stand and some squares & bowls. I have a lot of droolers and that might get them to book!

pcleah said:
What does anyone do with the bread tubes. I had one years ago, but found it useless.

I have several and love them.. I make the crab/artichoke dip(Celebrate cookbook) all the time (family loves it) and I use the french loaf (pillsbury) in the bread tubes.. 375 (?) for 55 minutes, perfect... slice them up, and serve with dip.. I have heard they are good for ice cream, scoop softened icecream in them, and place back into freezer... nice pretty shapes.. I have all but the square.. There are several ideas for them on here..

I like mine
PampMomof3 said:
Why don't you guys use the Deluxe Cheese Grater?:eek: Is it because it gets stuck in the drum?:eek: Well, if it does, cut off a chunk, place it in the prep bowl, microwave it for 5-8 seconds (depending on the microwave) and it will bring the oils to the surface for faster and easier grating!!!:D Go do it now! It slides out so FAST!!!:D

I like the Cheese Grater and misplaced a part and don't want to order a replacement part :( I know I"ll find the handle once I replace it!!

Liz

My family loves the suds pump as do I~!~
MicheleC said:
I think we're unanimous on the napkins. I don't even mention them because I can't do it without laughing.

Now am I the only one who loves the silicone mitt? I sell a ton of these and people love them! They are weird to get used to but they always stay clean and that's the best part to me.

I haven't sold any of the stencil sets or dessert plates so those could go in my opinion. I'd also get rid of the suds pump. I know a lot of people probably won't agree with that but I have more people complain about them clogging up and you can get all of these refillable suds pumps out there now that it's not unique anymore.

My mom introduced me to the suds pump and Kitchen Spriter's prior to me becoming a PC Consultant, I love them. I have trouble with the spritzer's sometimes though.

My spoon rest never stands correctly either, I too would be more interested in the flat type.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • ktraceyk
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • nhpegt