• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for a Very Dear Family Friend

In summary, Valerie Ernst, a close friend of the speaker's mother, has been diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. She has had a rough life, with her husband and son both committing suicide and the loss of a grandchild. Before starting treatment, she must first recover from a punctured lung during a biopsy. The speaker asks for prayers for Valerie and her daughter, as well as for her mother. Despite her hardships, Valerie is a strong woman and with the support of her loved ones, she can beat this. The speaker also mentions selling pink products to help find a cure for breast cancer. Valerie has already battled and survived breast cancer once before and is currently full of energy.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My mom's best friend, Valerie Ernst, was diagnosed with breast cancer today. It is "invasive" and not encapsulated (from what we understand, encapsulated would have been better). She went in earlier this week for a needle biopsy during which they accidentally punctured her lung...so she first has to recover from that before starting any treatment for the cancer. She has had a rough life. Her husband committed suicide in 89...followed by her son comitting suicide the exact same way a year later. Her first granddaughter was stillborn...she has since had 3 healthy granddaughters, Thank God, but now this...
Anyway - we're all so worried about her. Please if you would...pray for her - add her name to prayer chains you are on, and for her daughter Julie as well. And while you're at it - with all my mom has gone through this year - to be at risk of losing her best friend...she could certainly use some prayers as well - her name is Susie Antonelli.
Thanks, you guys...

Geez Carolyn. She has lead a very rough life. :eek: I'm so sorry to hear of her breast cancer and them puncturing her lung!:eek: This story gives us all more reason to sell those special pink products NOW to help find a cure NOW!! Let's do it!! (Okay, for some reason I heard Ty Pennigton saying that in my head):eek:

All 3 women are on my prayer chain.

PampMomof3 said:
Geez Carolyn. She has lead a very rough life. :eek: I'm so sorry to hear of her breast cancer and them puncturing her lung!:eek: This story gives us all more reason to sell those special pink products NOW to help find a cure NOW!! Let's do it!! (Okay, for some reason I heard Ty Pennigton saying that in my head):eek:

All 3 women are on my prayer chain.

Thanks Kristi. I am just floored - in disbelief...my head is spinning!
Val's been through hell - she is a very strong woman...with a lot of prayer I just KNOW she can beat this!

So sorry to hear that - I hope treatment goes well. My mom has made it twice so I hope the same holds true for her!

Carolyn, I'll keep all of you in prayer.

Oh how terribly sad! She is in my prayers.

Carolyn,

I am so sorry to hear the news. You will all be in my prayers!

janetupnorth said:
So sorry to hear that - I hope treatment goes well. My mom has made it twice so I hope the same holds true for her!

Really???
This gives me such hope!

She is in my prayers. She has been through a rough time. Wow.

Our first son was stillborn. It's a very tragic experience.

I will keep her and her daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

sslangley said:
She is in my prayers. She has been through a rough time. Wow.

Our first son was stillborn. It's a very tragic experience.

I will keep her and her daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks! I appreciate all the prayers.

I will keep her in my prayers and hope she finds the strength to fight despite all of her hardships. It sounds like she has a lot of friends and family for her to fight for.

overthyme said:
I will keep her in my prayers and hope she finds the strength to fight despite all of her hardships. It sounds like she has a lot of friends and family for her to fight for.

Thanks!! Hey - where in South Florida are you?

Wow, she has had a tough life, and you've had a tough year! I hope everything works out for her.

dannyzmom said:
Really???
This gives me such hope!

Yes, she is up here by me now! Turns 68 in June...

First case of breast cancer 19 years ago at 48...found with her very first mammogram. Went through a mastectomy on one side...made it through fine.

Went for annual mammograms every year...

Second case found when I was pregnant with me 3 year old (I was almost due). She had her second mastectomy a few weeks after he was born (held off for 2-3 weeks on surgery so she could hold him)...she doesn't do well coming out of anethesia so she wanted to spend time with him before surgery.

She is here now and can run circles around me energy-wise!

We'll be praying for your mom's friend!

janetupnorth said:
Yes, she is up here by me now! Turns 68 in June...

First case of breast cancer 19 years ago at 48...found with her very first mammogram. Went through a mastectomy on one side...made it through fine.

Went for annual mammograms every year...

Second case found when I was pregnant with me 3 year old (I was almost due). She had her second mastectomy a few weeks after he was born (held off for 2-3 weeks on surgery so she could hold him)...she doesn't do well coming out of anethesia so she wanted to spend time with him before surgery.

She is here now and can run circles around me energy-wise!

We'll be praying for your mom's friend!

Thanks for the prayers Janet and thanks for sharing your Mom's story - what an inspiration!!

My prayers are with you and your family (and friends!) Carolyn

Carolyn - I will be praying! For you too - it can take an emotional toll to be the supporter of someone going thru this, and you have had alot on your emotional plate the past few months too!

She is in my prayers. My DH grandpa had prostate cancer about a month ago and so he had surgery. Come to find out that it had leaked, or something, sho he has to start radiation 5 days a week for about 6-8 weeks. Radiation can do some terrible things. I feel bad that they puntured her lung, I had a co-worker who went into surgery to have a lump removed from her neck and they ended up hitting an artery. She had a stroke and it messed up her bodily functions real bad. She had to learn how to eat and other tings too. So I will put your friend on our prayer chain and I will pray for her in my nightly prayers.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

1. Can I personalize the prayer for my specific family friend?

Yes, our prayers are meant to be customized for your specific family friend. You can add their name, specific details about their situation, and anything else that would make the prayer more personal and meaningful.

2. Are these prayers suitable for all religions?

Our prayers are non-denominational and can be used by people of all faiths. We believe in the power of prayer and that it can bring comfort and support to anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs.

3. How long are the prayers?

The length of the prayer will vary depending on how much personalization you add. However, our prayers are meant to be short and simple, so they can be easily memorized and repeated whenever needed.

4. Can I use these prayers more than once?

Yes, you can use these prayers as many times as you like. They can be a source of comfort and strength for your family friend and can be repeated whenever they need support and encouragement.

5. Do you have prayers for specific situations?

Yes, we have a variety of prayers that cover different situations such as illness, loss of a loved one, and difficult times. You can choose the prayer that best fits your family friend's situation or customize it to make it more relevant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom