• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for the Safe Return of Our 16-Year-Old Runaway

In summary, if your 16-year-old runs away from home, it is important to contact the authorities and file a missing persons report as quickly as possible. Parents are not typically held responsible for the actions of a runaway 16-year-old, but it is important to seek legal advice. Communication and building a strong relationship with your child can help prevent future runaway behavior. A 16-year-old has the legal right to leave home without their parent's consent, but is still subject to laws regarding truancy and curfew. Resources such as counseling services and the National Runaway Safeline are available for parents of runaway 16-year-olds.
nene960
We have friends whose 16 year old daughter ran away today. There have not been any leads as to where she may be. Please pray that God protects her and brings her home safe and soon.

:( Hopefully she'll come back soon - safe & sound.

My prayers are with your friend, on the safe return of their daughter..

Prayers said.

She was found this morning!! She did nothing but drive around for 24 hours. Her parents are on their way to get her. She was at least 150 miles from home. Last night she was on the TN/KY border and this morning she was N of Louisville KY. The found her at the Santa Clause, IN exit. She was alone and she is safe. Please continue to pray for the family and all they are going to have to deal with now that she is found.

There is hope for "lost" children like her! I truly hope she can get the help she needs and deal with what ever is bothering her! This hits home for me!

So happy that she was found safe and sound! I too hope they get her whatever help she needs...

Hits home for me too. Prayers said for the family, all of them. There is hope...she called, she is home. That's the important part.

What wonderful news!

Related to Pray for the Safe Return of Our 16-Year-Old Runaway

1. What should I do if my 16-year-old runs away from home?

If your 16-year-old has run away from home, the first step is to contact the authorities and file a missing persons report. It's important to act quickly and provide as much information as possible about your child's appearance and last known whereabouts.

2. Can I be held responsible for my 16-year-old's actions while they are a runaway?

In most cases, parents or legal guardians are not held responsible for the actions of a runaway 16-year-old. However, it's important to seek legal advice and understand the laws in your specific state.

3. How can I prevent my 16-year-old from running away again in the future?

Communication is key in preventing future runaway behavior. It's important to have open and honest conversations with your child and work on building trust and a strong relationship. Seeking therapy or counseling can also be helpful in addressing underlying issues that may contribute to the runaway behavior.

4. What legal rights does a 16-year-old have as a runaway?

In most states, a 16-year-old has the legal right to leave home without their parent's consent. However, they are still subject to laws regarding truancy, curfew, and other minor offenses. It's important to research the laws in your state and seek legal advice if necessary.

5. What resources are available for parents of runaway 16-year-olds?

There are a variety of resources available for parents of runaway 16-year-olds, including counseling services, support groups, and family therapy. It's also important to work with the authorities and utilize resources such as the National Runaway Safeline (1-800-RUNAWAY) for support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefsara