• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My Grandson Linkin's Health | Requesting Prayers for Charge Syndrome"

In summary, Trish shares that her grandson has Charge Syndrome and is in need of prayers. The pediatrician has recommended seeing a neurologist as his skull is not growing and this could affect his brain development. Trish reassures Sarah that there are possible solutions, but Sarah is understandably worried. Trish asks for prayers from others and shares a prayer from a friend. Another friend shares a story about a child with Charge Syndrome and how her family has been impacted.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Some of you may know that my grandson Linkin, who is a year old tomorrow, was born with Charge Syndrome, which can cause developmental delays. Although many of the problems he had have since been corrected (he had open heart surgery at 2 weeks, has only one kidney, had a cleft palate and keyhole pupils, to name just a few), he and his family (Mom Sarah, sister Chloe and brother A.J.) are in need of your prayers.

Sarah called today to say the pediatrician has recommended Linkin see a neurologist. Apparently they measure his skull each time and it is not growing. This could be especially bad for his brain development. Although I tried to reassure Sarah that I think they can go in and crack the skull to make room for his brain to grow (I think those kids who wear helmets have had this done sometimes), she is so very worried that he will die.

Please pray for us as we go through this trying time. If you know of other prayer groups you belong to, please ask them to add Linkin to the list. Sarah would like as many people praying for as good an outcome as is possible in these kinds of cases.

Thank you all in advance. Thank you for being my friends.

Trish in Texas

You got it Trish...

I'll have him in my prayers.

I'll keep your grandson and family in my prayers!

I will be praying.

I'll be praying, too.

Oh, how scary. You are all in our prayers!!

Thinking of you all -- God has amazing power.

All of you are in my prayers.

Lisa

Trish,
I will definately add him to my prayer groups & keep you in my prayers as well. I know how scary this is for your daughter, our oldest had 3 MRI's when he was little because his head size wasn't what they thought it should be according to the charts. To new parents without family near it was a scary trying time. (I was pregnant with our other son and my OB/GYN recommended another Dr. and he said he was fine it would grow and it did). Granted, He didn't have the other symptoms your grandson has but, it was traumatic and I'm sure your little guy has been thru enough medical procedures that each one makes him and mom a little anxious.
God will take care of him. Enjoy his birthday tomorow!!
Teresa

Prayers going up now...

Sending prayers for all of you.

Trust God. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do. Praying for him and you.

Thank you for all your kind responses. I know God has a handle on this situation. I hope He will show us what we must do to ensure the best outcome for Linkin.

Trish in Texas

You're all in my thoughts...

Father God, You know exactly what is going on with baby Linkin. You created him, just as You did each one of us. I pray, Lord, that Your peace would flood Trish's family; that they would know Your peace which surpasses all understanding during this trying time. God, I lift up Sarah, Chloe, Trish, AJ, and precious little Linkin that You might knit them even closer together as a family as they go through all of this. And the doctors, Lord...oh, the doctors. May they have wisdom and knowledge that can only come from You in finding out what is going on inside of Linkin's little body. Father, I pray that Trish and her family might be a light that shines brightly into the lives of everyone touched by Linkin; that You would be honored and glorified through every moment of this. I pray all this in the name of Your Son, Amen.

Praying for you and your family!

I was updated today about Linkin's condition. Apparently it is the brain that is not growing; the skull continues to expand as expected. Thank you Danielle for the very sweet, uplifting prayer.

Trish in Texas

This is from a friend of mine. I hope you find this story to be encouraging.

Hey girlfriend! I happen to know a little bit about Charge Syndrome. There is a little girl, the youngest of 4, who has Charge in our former neighborhood back in RR. Her mother, Kathy Springer, has been very instrumental in forming a foundation for kids with this syndrome. C.H.A.R.G.E is an acronym for every area of the body that can be affected by this particular syndrome…and I don’t think they know what causes it. Kathy’s daughter is affected in all but one of the areas I believe. Her daughter nearly died repeatedly for the first two years of her life. It was very stressful to their family. It was a common occurrence for the ambulance to be at their home during that time and Kathy couldn’t get out of the house except for when the nurse could be there to stay with Claire. Kathy had to revive her daughter repeatedly. Claire managed to pull through and eventually began walking and talking, etc. And even giving her mommy the normal 2 & 3 year old troubles! ….which her mother accepted as the blessing it was! Anyway, last I heard Claire had started Kindergarten last year I think and life was beginning to look up for her. I think she will always have problems, though. I think most kids used to die from this and now with technology and life-saving measures these kids are able to live.

I will keep this child in my prayers!

Father God... I echo all the precious prayers already offered and that will be continued to be lifted up to you... I pray for special courage and blessings on this special grandmother... who will continue to be used by you to bless her children and grandchildren... May YOU wrap your loving and protective arms around them and carry them through this trial. Amen

Trish, Linkin and your family are in our prayers.

Thanks for the encouraging stories about Charge babies. And, the awesome prayers :)

Charge is usually a random, genetic anomoly, which is not caused by any sort of circumstance of living (parental drinking, drug use, poor nutrition, etc.). It means the two halves of the body do not fuse correctly, so there are schisms throughout the body, starting at the head and going down. I think Linkin has a fairly light version of the syndrome. Sarah talked to the geneticist, who is familiar with Charge, yesterday. Today, she seemed calmer. The pediatrician, who knows nothing of Charge, really frightened her. No news yet about a referral.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

1. What is Charge Syndrome?

Charge Syndrome is a rare genetic condition that affects multiple body systems, including the heart, eyes, ears, and growth. It is typically diagnosed in infancy or early childhood and can range from mild to severe in its impact on a person's health and development.

2. Who is Linkin and why are prayers being requested for him?

Linkin is a grandson of one of our Pampered Chef customers. He was recently diagnosed with Charge Syndrome and is facing various health challenges as a result. His family has requested prayers for his health and well-being during this difficult time.

3. How can I support Linkin and his family?

In addition to keeping Linkin and his family in your thoughts and prayers, you can also send them words of encouragement and support. You may also consider making a donation to a charity that supports individuals and families affected by Charge Syndrome.

4. Is there any specific way to pray for Linkin's health?

While there is no right or wrong way to pray, you can pray for Linkin's overall health and well-being, for strength and comfort for his family, and for the medical team treating him. You can also pray for a positive outcome and for the best possible care and treatment for Linkin.

5. Can I share this prayer request with others?

Yes, please feel free to share this prayer request with your friends, family, and community. The more people who are aware and praying for Linkin, the better. Together, we can provide support and comfort to his family during this challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikkijo
Replies