• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Show in Southern California

In summary, the Power Cooking show will be this Wednesday, June 21 at 7:00pm in Brea, California. 200 people have already prepaid for this event, and Cindy from Gardena (near Torrance) is interested in attending. There will be a $12.00 fee at the door, and attendees are expected to bring their own food. Laura Morris of Houston, Texas will be sharing how to do Power Cooking Shows.
OK... I don't know how you guys do it but you've done it again. Right when I'm wanting to learn something to give my business a boost, I come on this site and you're all talking about it already!!!! My director was talking about Power Cooking classes and she is just so busy with everything we havn't been able to get together. So please share all your instructions hints.... I'm not very creative and learn so much from all of you!

I LOVE this idea! My twins and I have actually done SupperSolutions in the past. It was great having a dozen dinners fixed and ready to go in about an hour and half. It was also rather pricey so we quit going after a few months. However, we still do some 'pre' cooking meals. Sort of like having those frozen premade mixes from the store. Sure saves time on cooking during the week. Think I'll have to go through my own recipes and see what I can put together for one of my first shows. :)

Just revisting this thread :)

I looked through the powercooking.doc and noticed in the power tools she lists the ultimate slice & grate in the top five. Can we substitute the ultimate mandoline? I'm so new and not familiar with all the tools yet.

TIA

pamperedpsalmstress said:
Just revisting this thread :)

I looked through the powercooking.doc and noticed in the power tools she lists the ultimate slice & grate in the top five. Can we substitute the ultimate mandoline? I'm so new and not familiar with all the tools yet.

TIA

Yes!!!! :)

my3jjjs said:
Laura Morris, of Houston, Texas, will be sharing with us how to do Power Cooking Shows. You won’t want to miss this! Why?

Laura has a very distinguished track record, selling over $20,000 in her first three months of business, beginning in March, 2005! She earned SIXTEEN Super Starter Plus Bonus packages! Once she decided to pursue Directorship, she achieved it in about TWO MONTHS!

Laura had a 4-6 show a month show schedule that she couldn’t break through – till she learned how to do a Power Cooking Show. She now does 12-14 shows a month!!!

Power Cooking show your guests and hosts how they can pre-package 8 delicious dinners that they pop in their freezers and defrost when needed. Laura does this by sharing a mini-version in which the host will get 3 dinners that Laura prepares at her 45-minute show. Oh, and did I mention she also has a $1,000 show average and gets 3-4 bookings at each one?

Guests see how investing in our tools let them make these wonderful meals in their own kitchens, whenever they like, without paying someone else for supplying the convenience. Also a great show for those who cook for one or two.

Laura has hosts invite 80 people…and you thought 40 was a big deal!

I didn't know there were 16 bonus kits to receive! lol. How many guests end up at the host's house? Or does she rent out a room with a kitchen that her hosts fill?

jcwarr said:
i don't think she has even been a consultant for a year yet - or maybe she is just made it to a year. so she hasn't needed to change her recipes yet - however she did mention that she is going to come up with new ones soon. she just looks through the cookbooks to find freezable recipes. i am actually trying to come up with other recipes as i don't like tex mex style food and i also want a little healthier recipes - something many freezable recipes are not :)

Will you share your recipes with us pretty please? I'm not big on pork or tex-mex either. :)

Singergirl_87 said:
I think the grated cheese is to save time. Since the recipes call for several kinds of cheese, I have the host purchase one in a block, and the rest shredded, because I really don't want to shred all the cheese for her :)

I don't do the soup, because it's July and freaking HOT! I do the taco ring instead. But I serve it at the beginning of the show, because you do have to do a lot more "lecturing" than a regular show, to explain the concept of power cooking. It takes up some time.

Recipes are a great idea for a free gift. I hadn't thought of that. you could print them up nicely and label it your "Power Cooking Cookbook" or something. Just make sure you keep the credits clean.

I found out about this show from my hospitality director, but was unable to attend, because, ironically, I had a Power Cooking Show scheduled that same night. I pulled it out of my butt--not my best show, but I made it work :eek:

For my shows, I try to mix it up a little, instead of just throwing everything in the bags. I do the ribs, a chicken, and the tater tot casserole for sure, to show them that it can be done with casseroles as well. You just have to think outside the box a little. :D

You could show them how they CAN freeze in the stones! Is that what you mean?

Is there a DVD or CD on Power cooking that you are all getting??? Where can I buy it? Please advise. My email is [email protected] I love this thread!

okay...HO finally caught on about the 30 min chicken and made up a "show" for it....how do we convince them to complete the concept for Power Cooking? I say, it's always easier to "sell" an idea or theme show if HO has already done the hard work for you...invites, flyers, recipes, ect...
I love this idea, but most of the kitchens I have done shows at are not quite large enough for this, I'll have to see if it can be done in my kitchen, then I know it can be done in the smallest of kitchens.
Maybe this can be done as a "class" along the same lines as the kids cooking class. Charge a set fee and they get to take home products and food to freeze.

sillylittlechef said:
okay...HO finally caught on about the 30 min chicken and made up a "show" for it....how do we convince them to complete the concept for Power Cooking? I say, it's always easier to "sell" an idea or theme show if HO has already done the hard work for you...invites, flyers, recipes, ect...
I love this idea, but most of the kitchens I have done shows at are not quite large enough for this, I'll have to see if it can be done in my kitchen, then I know it can be done in the smallest of kitchens.
Maybe this can be done as a "class" along the same lines as the kids cooking class. Charge a set fee and they get to take home products and food to freeze.

Or maybe we can brainstorm about locations with kitchens that can be rented inexpensively and used to house several hostss? Guests can leave with just the recipes, catalogs, receipts from their purchases, and one lucky winner (one ticket each $20 spent?) can walk away with the meals?

Where are the 30-min chicken invitations? I got the flyer and didn't realize there was more?

its_me_susan said:
Where are the 30-min chicken invitations? I got the flyer and didn't realize there was more?
There aren't 30-Min Chicken invitations. But there is the display card and a themed email through PWS (not an invitation, just general one).

recipes to shareWill you share your recipes with us pretty please? I'm not big on pork or tex-mex either.

of course i will - just give me some time to get them - i have a very hungry 2 year old standing over me right now ;)

sillylittlechef said:

Actually, I read in her notes that she brings a table and it looks like she uses it to assemble. I don't believe there is any cooking at one of these shows as she brings the soup and rolls already prepared. I know when the twins and I used to go to Supper Solutions there was no cooking just the assembling from their recipes.

Generally what is the cost for all food needed for this???I'm just curious, I haven't taken time to test this and wondered and does hostess get all the food?? Do Guests take any home??

I'm confused :confused: It's been putting up with all the school board meetings and banging my head against the wall, it's just not working well.

Thanks,

Lisa

You make one meal (Taco Soup) for the guests to eat when they arrive at the show. Then you demo assembling 5 meals to go into the host's freezer. Even with all my jabbering about this product and cross-sell, and booking, etc, it takes about 35 minutes to assemble the 5 meals. I set the timer and it always impresses the guests.

Why wouldn't they want to book when they get 5 meals done in their freezer? The host buys all the ingredients.

Paige Dixon said:
You make one meal (Taco Soup) for the guests to eat when they arrive at the show. Then you demo assembling 5 meals to go into the host's freezer. Even with all my jabbering about this product and cross-sell, and booking, etc, it takes about 35 minutes to assemble the 5 meals. I set the timer and it always impresses the guests.

Why wouldn't they want to book when they get 5 meals done in their freezer? The host buys all the ingredients.

I thought she only prepared 3 meals for the hostess? The one I'm doing end of month I'm only doing the 3; mexican chicken, caeser chicken, and ribs. I am however splitting them into half portions as it's just her and hubby at home.

When I downloaded the Power Cooking file, some of the quantities got lost in the translation. Can anyone help me with the quantites of the following ingredients:

TACO SOUP
how much cilantro?

BABY BACK RIBS
how much pepper?

MEXICAN CHICKEN
how much chopped onion?

TERIYAKI CHICKEN
how much finely chopped onion?

TATER TOT CASSEROLE
how much milk?
how much onion?

CHICKEN TETRAZZINE
how much butter?

many, many, many thanks!

Your Help!Check out message 17 on this thread. It has all your amounts. I changed the personal info on the powercookingdoc , added some personal notes, and made copies to hand out at my shows. Very user friendly!

Sallie_M said:
Check out message 17 on this thread. It has all your amounts. I changed the personal info on the powercookingdoc , added some personal notes, and made copies to hand out at my shows. Very user friendly!

Sallie,

Thanks, I had already downloaded that document. If you look below I have done a cut-and-paste of one of the recipes, you'll see the _ where there should be an amount. It's not every ingredient in every recipe, just the few I had listed in my original post.

Thanks anyway.

Pork Baby-Back Ribs
2 lbs. pork baby-back ribs
_ c. ketchup
1 t. chili powder
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. vinegar
1 t. salt
_ t. pepper
onion
Cut long rack of ribs in half using Chef’s Knife; place racks of ribs into freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients to freezer bag, except onion, and coat ribs well. Squeeze air out of bag and freeze. Ribs will marinate while defrosting in refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove ribs from bag and place in Stoneware Rectangular Baker. Pour excess sauce from bag onto ribs. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate, slice onion into rings and place on top of ribs. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 1_-2 hours.

cooking.with.ann said:
Sallie,Thanks, I had already downloaded that document. If you look below I have done a cut-and-paste of one of the recipes, you'll see the _ where there should be an amount. It's not every ingredient in every recipe, just the few I had listed in my original post.Thanks anyway.Pork Baby-Back Ribs
2 lbs. pork baby-back ribs
_ c. ketchup
1 t. chili powder
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. vinegar
1 t. salt
_ t. pepper
onion
Cut long rack of ribs in half using Chef’s Knife; place racks of ribs into freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients to freezer bag, except onion, and coat ribs well. Squeeze air out of bag and freeze. Ribs will marinate while defrosting in refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove ribs from bag and place in Stoneware Rectangular Baker. Pour excess sauce from bag onto ribs. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate, slice onion into rings and place on top of ribs. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 1_-2 hours.
I have the same problem! I hope someone can help...

Kitty

That's actually a Word issue, when one version replaces fractions with fraction characters, and a second version doesn't recognize them.Taco soup
1/2 cup cilantroRibs
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp pepperMex. Chicken
1/2 cup onion
2 1/2 oz. can black olivesTeriyaki Chicken
1/2 cup onionTater Tot Casserole
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup milkChicken Tetrazzini
1/2 stick butter

chefann said:
That's actually a Word issue, when one version replaces fractions with fraction characters, and a second version doesn't recognize them.

I know, it drives me crazy. I've gotten to where I never type out a fraction anymore, I just use decimals. Darn word, going to make me go to the decimal system before it's all over with.

Thanks for the help, now I can go alter my document.

Kitty

KittyCooks said:
I know, it drives me crazy. I've gotten to where I never type out a fraction anymore, I just use decimals. Darn word, going to make me go to the decimal system before it's all over with.
You can set Word to NOT automatically replace the fractions, so that they stay 3 characters (1, /, and 2 for 1/2). It's under Tools> Auto Correct > Auto format as you type. Most of the items on that tab will cause problems for people with different word processors or different versions of Word.

Oh, other Ann, duh, I am sorry. Was trying to read too many posts at once, and had to get offline after I sent this. glad someone else was able to answer you!

Someone in the shout box was talking about this power cooking concept so I went searching. This is a great show idea. I actually do this for my own cooking. There is a website... www.30daygourmet.com that has a lot of freezer friendly recipes. I took a class at our community college on it. The website is tailored toward making multiples of the same or similar recipes then freezing them so you eat the same 7-10 recipes for the month. I love it when i get around to doing it.

Anyway, good thread.

I do this at home too, and did my first powercooking show and it was great! My only complaint is that doing the way that is in the handout, I didn't feel like I was really showing a lot of tools. Mostly just talking about what I had used to make the soup, etc. By the way that Taco soup is yummy! But I got a few bookings and two recruit leads (one is just signing now!) so it couldn't have been all that bad!

Im Bumping this thread because it is a good thread, and want to know how many of you do this, and what type of success you have with it.. and what the hosts think of it??
I tried to do this at my last show, and when i brought it up she wasnt to up to it.. THANKS! ;)

I had one scheduled last weekend, but nobody showed up. I was going to demo the 30-minute chicken and Apple-Berry Salsa, and just distribute handouts. We're tentatively rescheduled for this weekend, but I haven't been able to reach the host to find out if she wants tomorrow or Saturday.

anyone else have any more info?

These are my biggest shows. It's fun but a lot of work but I've never done one that hasn't been under $1k. I'll e-mail the rest tomorrow. Have had a very crappy night personally and can't begin to think where my files are. Thankfully I have this message board to distract me. Please someone bump this thread in the morning and I'll post what I use. :)

Aw, Colleen - I'm sorry to hear that you had a crummy night. {{{hugs}}}This is a little bump as a reminder to look for your files.

thanks ann for bumping, thanks Colleen for posting! Im sorry you had a crummy night!!
i hope today is better for you!

I'm better. It's a new day and it all boils down to how I look at things. It's nice out today and I'm about to get out to do my 3 miles in the sunshine (although it is a bit nippy this morning!)

Anyway... here are the files I use. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or ask here if you think the answers will help others. Jacque Ruddy from CA gave me these files and I tweaked them a bit to fit what I needed. Hope they help! :)

The power tools list they get with their catalog. Then they get their order form later to order what they want. The hand out is long... my suggestion is to e-mail it to your hosts and have her make the copies for her friends. It will save some $$ on your end.

Attachments

• PowerToolList.doc
    43 KB · Views: 369
  • PowerCookingHints_RecipesHandout.doc
    59 KB · Views: 355
More info... I give all hosts the option of doing the chicken or ground beef. Everyone chooses the chicken.

I do the Caesar Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, BBQ and Mexican. I show them how to assemble the bags with everything in them, then hand them off to the host for her freezer.

Before the show I prepare the caesar chicken and make half into a salad and the other half tossed with pasta so they can see the versatility of the recipe. Everyone eats while I do my demo... and assembling the bags takes me about 25 minutes because I'm talking. I could do it in less than 20 if I weren't.

For my Power Cooking shows in October I'm going to also add the Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler in the DCB to show that. I'll attach that recipe here. It's A-MAZ-ING!!!! And perfect for this time of year. I plan to make that first showing how they can throw together a quick dessert and have it going in the oven while eating dinner.

Anyway... that's it... please feel free to ask me any questions!!!!

Attachments

• Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 293
finley1991 said:
I'm better. It's a new day and it all boils down to how I look at things. It's nice out today and I'm about to get out to do my 3 miles in the sunshine (although it is a bit nippy this morning!)

Anyway... here are the files I use. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or ask here if you think the answers will help others. Jacque Ruddy from CA gave me these files and I tweaked them a bit to fit what I needed. Hope they help! :)

The power tools list they get with their catalog. Then they get their order form later to order what they want. The hand out is long... my suggestion is to e-mail it to your hosts and have her make the copies for her friends. It will save some $$ on your end.
I listened to a teleclass Jacque did a while ago on Power Cooking and she is wonderful! She has great files and I highly recommend her Power Cooking info...very good stuff!

I met a lady who went to someone else's PC show (Duska Mills) and went to a Power Cooking. Everytime I see her she asks me if I do Power Cooking shows. I have never done one, but am not opposed to it. I would like to attend one first though to SEE it in action. (I'm a visualy learner).

Chef Kearns said:
I met a lady who went to someone else's PC show (Duska Mills) and went to a Power Cooking. Everytime I see her she asks me if I do Power Cooking shows. I have never done one, but am not opposed to it. I would like to attend one first though to SEE it in action. (I'm a visualy learner).
A tip from Jacque was to do it all yourself so you could speak with experience. After I did the Power Cooking thing (all of the recipes start to finish) I understood better and was able to put my show together. The Demo only takes about 10-15 minutes so you have a lot of time to fill.

finley1991 said:
I'm better. It's a new day and it all boils down to how I look at things. It's nice out today and I'm about to get out to do my 3 miles in the sunshine (although it is a bit nippy this morning!)QUOTE]

Colleen,
Now I know you are human like the rest of us!! ;)
I can not tell you how many of your threads/replies I have printed to refer to later!! You are a wealth of knowledge and information (I on the other hand am a cesspool of worthless information).
Thanks for always posting your wonderful documents for the rest of us to steal, I mean borrow!
:D :D :D

Thanks very much Lamar! Your post made my day! :)

finley1991 said:
More info... I give all hosts the option of doing the chicken or ground beef. Everyone chooses the chicken.

I do the Caesar Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, BBQ and Mexican. I show them how to assemble the bags with everything in them, then hand them off to the host for her freezer.

Before the show I prepare the caesar chicken and make half into a salad and the other half tossed with pasta so they can see the versatility of the recipe. Everyone eats while I do my demo... and assembling the bags takes me about 25 minutes because I'm talking. I could do it in less than 20 if I weren't.

For my Power Cooking shows in October I'm going to also add the Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler in the DCB to show that. I'll attach that recipe here. It's A-MAZ-ING!!!! And perfect for this time of year. I plan to make that first showing how they can throw together a quick dessert and have it going in the oven while eating dinner.

Anyway... that's it... please feel free to ask me any questions!!!!
It's been a very long time since I made this recipe...when you cut up the cookie dough, do you have enough space for it, since the DCB is smaller (but deeper) than the Rect Baker? That is a YUMMY recipe!

Do what you feel is right. I pack it pretty tight and haven't had a problem. Actually, when I did it in the RB, I found that I never had enough dough to cover the whole surface. But it looked pretty with the filling popping out. I love this recipe too. So good on a fall night!!! :D

thanks colleen for the info!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03