• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef and Southern Living

In summary, the Southern Living lady called the host to reschedule the Power Cooking show for the same day as their show. The host decided not to do the show because it would conflict with their other obligations.
cewcooks
I have a host that liked the Power cooking show, and we are set to do that but then a Southern Living lady called her and she said ok that we can do both on the same day, but how do I do a power cooking show while the Sout. living is there??? This happened once before and not much luck, any suggestions on how I could proceed:confused:

Well, you could tell her that you don't do shows like that. That's what I'd do. Or you can talk it through with the host and maybe she'll understand that it won't work, OR she will want to try it anyway. You have to decide if it's worth it to you.

I think both you and the Southern Living lady will suffer in sales. Guests will just divide their money. Technically our products can work together but there will still be a limited pool of money at one show and the host will get lower host benefits from both as well.

If you think it will be worth your time I'm sure you can make it work.

I've done this once with an Arbonne party and it worked ok, but wouldn't do it with SWLAH... our products are too similar and your sales will definitely suffer. When my host asked to book the same day as her Arbonne show, I specifically said only if that consultant doesnt' mind. I cannot believe this host didn't ask you if it was ok!

Don't do itSouthern Living sells many products just like ours. :yuck: It will actually be against your consultant contract, this is an easy way to tell the host that you can't do it.:chef:

If you look at their catalog you will be amazed at what they have that is the same as ours.

I have done combined shows for Tastefully Simple and PC and they turn out great! I still usually have over $800 and my TS friend hits her average too which is about $500 or so. :balloon:

I've done a wine tasting and PC party but sales were terrible unfortunately! I'd opt not to do one with a co. that has similar products as ours.

I don't do joint shows because each guests only has a certain amount of money to spend and it will get divided between the two shows. If SL has things that are similar, you might even miss sales because they will be able to get it from the other consultant later if they book or plan to attend another show. Your host may not understand that concept...her show for each of you will be smaller which means she will earn less product FREE. And, it could be the difference in reaching the next level.

SL prices for items are cheaper than ours, like the Salad spinner, verses our salad and berry spinner.

AND SL presentations are way different than ours. They just do a 15 min intro to INSPIRE you to get back into the kitchen, verses even our inactive demo.

CO-parties rarely work, best thing to do would say no, and offer to have a show a difference of 3-6 months, only because people who by SL aren't going to want to by PC the next day or even next month.

I went to 2 SL parties during holiday season last year, and noticed the people who went to the SL shows (some of my clients) didn't purchase PC for x-mas...

JMO

I wouldn't do it.Like Marlene, I've had success with joint parties with Tastefully Simple, but that's it. I've also had other parties where I did a PC demo and then another consultant set up a table in an adjoining room (Arbonne and Premier Designs) but I made it about me so I have no idea how they did. :)

DebbieJ said:
I wouldn't do it.

Like Marlene, I've had success with joint parties with Tastefully Simple, but that's it. I've also had other parties where I did a PC demo and then another consultant set up a table in an adjoining room (Arbonne and Premier Designs) but I made it about me so I have no idea how they did. :)

Oh my goodness. I had never heard of Tastefully Simple and did a Google search and then checked out their website. They are expensive!!! I don't want anyone complaining at my show ever again that our spices cost too much. Wow!!

Pampered Chef and Southern Living take 2So I had my Pampered Chef show and the Southern Living lady did her thing her sales were around 250 or so, my show total is at 615.00 yeah!! It was all because of Power Cooking, they were forced to get involved and they had a lot of fun, the only thing that suffered was bookings, they're were 2 longaberger consultants as guests and 1 former pc consultant. :grumpy:

What is Pampered Chef and Southern Living?

Pampered Chef and Southern Living are two separate companies that have recently teamed up to offer high-quality kitchen and home products to customers. Pampered Chef is known for its kitchen tools and cookware, while Southern Living is known for its home decor and entertaining items.

What types of products does Pampered Chef and Southern Living offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. Southern Living offers home decor, kitchen linens, entertaining essentials, and other home goods. Together, they provide a comprehensive selection of high-quality products for the kitchen and home.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef and Southern Living products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef and Southern Living products through independent consultants or on their respective websites. You can also attend a Pampered Chef or Southern Living party to see and purchase the products in person.

Are there any benefits to becoming a Pampered Chef and Southern Living consultant?

Yes, there are several benefits to becoming a consultant for both companies. Consultants can earn discounts on products, receive exclusive training and support, and have the opportunity to earn extra income through sales and team building.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef and Southern Living products?

Both companies have a satisfaction guarantee and offer a full refund or exchange for any products that do not meet your expectations. Returns can be made within 30 days of purchase with a receipt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • Klc
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies