• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Posting Something to My Page and Not My Profile?

In summary, if you want to post your photo album on your Facebook page, but don't want it to be shared with your profile, you can do it by copying the URL/web address of the album, pasting it into a new post, and clicking the "link" button.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a page established and went in and created a photo album that I wanted to share on my page only. I don't want it going to my profile. How do I do this? It gave me options to post it while I was creating it, but I didn't want it shared then because I was still putting captions under all the photos.

I'm answering my own question now. :D Ha!If you click the "post to my profile", it will in fact post it to your regular FB profile. What I did was go to the photo album I wanted to share and copied the web address/URL/whatever it's called. Then on my "page", I went to make a new post and clicked on the push pin icon that is a "link" and then pasted the address there. Then voila! it showed up. Now I can post it just fine.....and I'm talking to myself....:rolleyes: :blushing: ;)

Glad you were able to figure out what you wanted to do.

By taking an album you have in your Profile, and clicking "Share" the album still links back to your profile. This might be fine for most people, but some want to not have that "trail." What you can do is go to your Page and click the "Photo" tab, then create a new album there. That way the album is created on your Page, not your Profile, and whenever you add more pictures, They'll show up as being posted by your Page, not your Profile.

Yeah, this was a newly created album in my "Page", not on my profile. It did ask me if I wanted to post it. But I was still creating it and knew I'd be adding more images and then working on captions and such, so I said "Skip". It was a work in progress. I wish FB had a "now you're all done, do you want to share it" or a "post it again" type of thing. :DSo, now I know how to bypass that and still be able to post it. :) Thanks!

Hi there! It's great that you've already established a page and created a photo album to share with your followers. To ensure that the album only appears on your page and not on your personal profile, you can adjust the privacy settings before posting. Simply click on the audience selector button (located next to the "Post" button) and choose "Only Me" or "Friends" to limit the visibility of the album. You can also change the privacy settings after the album has been posted by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the post and selecting "Edit Audience." I hope this helps! Happy sharing!

Related to Posting Something to My Page and Not My Profile?

What is the difference between posting something to my page and my profile?

Posting something to your page means that the content will be shared on a specific page that you manage, such as a business page or fan page. Posting something to your profile means that the content will be shared on your personal profile.

How do I post something to my page instead of my profile?

To post something to your page, you will need to be logged into your account and have the appropriate permissions to manage the page. Then, go to the page and click on the "Create Post" button. You can then type or upload your content and publish it to the page.

Can I post the same content to both my page and my profile?

Yes, you can post the same content to both your page and your profile. However, keep in mind that your page and profile may have different audiences, so it may be beneficial to tailor your content accordingly.

Will my page followers be able to see the content I post on my profile?

No, your page followers will not be able to see the content you post on your profile. Only your friends or followers on your personal profile will be able to see the content you post there.

How can I ensure that my page posts are separate from my personal profile posts?

To keep your page and personal profile posts separate, make sure you are posting from the correct account. You can also adjust your privacy settings to control who can see your personal profile posts. Additionally, you can use different types of content for each platform to keep them distinct.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • NooraK