• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Following Social Media Training Rules ...

I just wanted to point out that the part in the training is the suggestion & guidance of a social media expert (and as such, good advice), not a PC rule that will get you in trouble as violating rules.
RMDave
Gold Member
... I'm trying not to violate anything that will cause hairs on the back of HO's neck to stand up straight. Good for me. But ...

One of the first things the training taught was "Use a photo of yourself as your PC business page." It went on to say NOT to use the Independent Consultant logo graphic and not to use cartoons. So I used search to see how other Independent Consultants were doing it.

LOTS of people with cartoons as their PC profile picture. Even more using the Independent Consultant logo. Hmmmm. I have the logo on my page but it isn't my profile photo. Did I misunderstand the "Don't Do's"?

I think it has to do with branding yourself. You want people to know YOU, not the PC logo. Your picture sets you apart.

DebbieJ said:
I think it has to do with branding yourself. You want people to know YOU, not the PC logo. Your picture sets you apart.

That's true, Debbie. I just wondered why so many people did the exact opposite of what the "Training" said to do. Ah well, to each his/her own.

Probably because we live in a society where we don't like to be told what to do. I've seen lots of directors and above not follow the guidelines. It comes down to integrity.

loreo said:
It comes down to integrity.

You're right .. and it also comes down to "I don't have to read the rules or follow directions. I am my owner person. Lincoln freed the slaves!"

Oy

The part in the training about which picture to use is guidance, not a rule. The Policy guide doesn't spell out what pic we have to use. I chose to use my DesignHerGals pictue, because I don't have a current picture I'm happy with.

Noora, you weren't coming under attack. I just wanted to make sure that I was following what the training said. I do remember that the photo/logo issue was even part of the section's test.Congrats on the new addition to your family. I eagerly await photos.

It's because they are not doing the training! I was shocked to hear at our last cluster meeting that I was the only one in my director's downline who took the online training!

I haven't finished all the training either. I didn't have time to take the first one either until I went out of town for a week and found myself wanting to kill time. Couldn't seem to fool my body into thinking it was on mountain time.My pix is from when I'm 4 years old. It's a security measure. I'm perfectly happy with my real friends seeing my gallery of pix. But some stranger just looking for me, they're not gonna see anything that identifies me as me.

wadesgirl said:
It's because they are not doing the training! I was shocked to hear at our last cluster meeting that I was the only one in my director's downline who took the online training!

That's the problem I am sure. Each class only takes 15-20 minutes. We all waste that amount of time every day. There is no excuse to not do the classes especially if you use social media - take that amount of time off of facebook time or ::gasp:: CS time.

The problem is that these courses require you to be in front of a computer the whole time, with the sound on. When I am certain places, like work or even home with Roomie up and around, there is no way I can do it.

Intrepid_Chef said:
The problem is that these courses require you to be in front of a computer the whole time, with the sound on. When I am certain places, like work or even home with Roomie up and around, there is no way I can do it.

Headphones, that's what I used!

I did a training for our cluster on this very topic. I think some are confused about what they mean when saying to download the photo for your FB page and making sure to use your photo for your profile. I also believe there are those out there who are not taking the training either.

Actually, they need to UPLOAD their photos, now download'm.

Actually, we do DOWNLOAD the logo from CC, and I think Shell is saying some who just read the policy may think we're supposed to use that one.And I didn't think you were singling out my picture. I just wanted to point out that the part in the training is the suggestion & guidance of a social media expert (and as such, good advice), not a PC rule that will get you in trouble as violating rules.

Noora's right, they said on the training video that the RECOMMENDED that you use a photo of yourself, looking directly into the camera - that it was the best way to help form a bond with clients. They didn't say that we were prohibited from using other objects or the consultant logo, just that it was not recommended method. ;)I haven't done a page yet because I do want to use a personal photo & don't have a recent one that I'd be willing to use. LOL With the move to Tokyo, I just haven't taken the time to do my hair & makeup and sit for photos.

I think it makes perfect sense to do what the HO says, using a professional-looking picture of you looking directly into the camera as your profile pic. Still, I didn't do that. Everything, and I mean everything I label has my Design-Her Gals stylized version of myself on it. I've branded myself as The Weird Little Woman with Flippy Red Hair. To my customers I'm instantly recognizable by that little cartoon.

OK, I haven't taken the social media training yet either. I have read the Policy and Procedures on Consultant Corner and it said you COULD use the logo with the Independent Consultant on it. That is what I am using. If this is incorrect then it should be changed in the policy and procedures. It is very confusing when it says one thing in the policy and procedure and the opposite some where else. Just saying.

ChefEileen said:
OK, I haven't taken the social media training yet either. I have read the Policy and Procedures on Consultant Corner and it said you COULD use the logo with the Independent Consultant on it. That is what I am using. If this is incorrect then it should be changed in the policy and procedures. It is very confusing when it says one thing in the policy and procedure and the opposite some where else. Just saying.

Yes, you can use the logo if you wish. It'll make more sense once you actually view the training. HO hired a social media expert to cover the three trainings, and a lot of what she addresses is more about how to make your profile or page the most customer friendly and not too over-the-top-selling rather than what the exact rules are. A HO person covers a lot of that. This social media expert is the one that talks about the picture, and she never says you can't use the logo, she encourages the use of a picture of yourself because of the perception it gives to your customers.

I looked at the information in the first training as more of guidelines. Suggestions, really ... ;)

I actually prefer to use the logo. I think I've actually picked up business b/c of myself using the logo. "Oh! you are a consultant!!"

We don't have a working digital camera right now. I have the PC logo b/c I am mostly using my profile for my PC customers. I do have a few friends on there, and am trying to keep a personal connection there too, but I created my FB page for the intent of staying connected with customers.

You could actually have both your photo and the I.C. logo as your profile pic, if you photoshop/edit them onto one canvas. You can have it as long as 600 pixels.

1. What are the key rules to follow when using social media for Pampered Chef?

The key rules to follow when using social media for Pampered Chef include: always being respectful and professional, avoiding controversial or offensive content, properly disclosing your relationship with the company, following all FTC guidelines, and obtaining permission before using any copyrighted material.

2. Can I use my personal social media accounts to promote Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can use your personal social media accounts to promote Pampered Chef as long as you follow the company's guidelines and rules. This includes properly disclosing your relationship with the company and avoiding controversial or offensive content.

3. Are there any specific hashtags or handles I should use when posting about Pampered Chef on social media?

Yes, Pampered Chef has specific hashtags and handles that you should use when posting about the company on social media. These can be found in the social media training materials provided by the company.

4. Can I use images or videos from the Pampered Chef website on my social media posts?

Yes, you can use images or videos from the Pampered Chef website on your social media posts as long as you have obtained permission from the company and properly disclose your relationship with the company. It is also important to credit the source of the content.

5. What should I do if I receive negative comments or reviews on my social media posts about Pampered Chef?

If you receive negative comments or reviews on your social media posts about Pampered Chef, it is important to respond professionally and address the issue in a timely manner. You can also reach out to the company's social media team for assistance and guidance on how to handle the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NooraK