• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postal Tips for Your July Show: Let's Get Mailing!

In summary, Host packets can be mailed without envelopes, but if they want one they have to pay the postage.
barbchan
Hey ya'll,
I went to my cluster meeting the other night and my hospitality director gave us each a small paper plate designed with an American Flag. She said for our July shows we can send the paper plate like a post card to our hosts as a reminder. Just put the the labels on the front from addresses along with the stamp and on the back put a note saying, "Hope you have a wonderful July 4th. I'm looking forward to your show on July 17th @ 6:30." She said the post office will mail them no problem.

I have also heard that we can mail the catalogs without having to put them in envelopes but when I tried the postman told me I couldn't.

So, here's my idea. Can we post post office tips here? How to's on mailing flyers, catalogs, newsletters, etc?

Whatcha think?:D

barbchan said:
Hey ya'll,
I went to my cluster meeting the other night and my hospitality director gave us each a small paper plate designed with an American Flag. She said for our July shows we can send the paper plate like a post card to our hosts as a reminder. Just put the the labels on the front from addresses along with the stamp and on the back put a note saying, "Hope you have a wonderful July 4th. I'm looking forward to your show on July 17th @ 6:30." She said the post office will mail them no problem.

I have also heard that we can mail the catalogs without having to put them in envelopes but when I tried the postman told me I couldn't.

So, here's my idea. Can we post post office tips here? How to's on mailing flyers, catalogs, newsletters, etc?

Whatcha think?:D

I have sent many mini catalogs through the mail without anything but a .39 stamp. All I did was put a small piece of scotch tape in the middle to hold the pages closed.

Ginger:cool:

After my cluster did a set up at a thing called The Home Show. A lot of people wanted catalogs. I went to the post office and ask how can I send them. The lady told me to put a sticker on the three sides and a mailing labels that can be clearly read with TO: and FROM: on it.

That is what I did. I used small round labels that I got from Nancy's Artwork with The Pampered Chef on it and then Avery 8163 white labels that with all of my info on them and mail them. I did 30 of them, I think that it cost me about $.88 to mail each. My post office charged me $27.25. I can't figure out that unless I bought something else. I have done it a few other times also with only a few catalogs at different post offices in my area. They all let me do it.(I live in a small town but man do we have lots of post offices and banks in this area.)

I would rather send the catalog in an envelope so it look nice when they get it. Plus if you put it in an envelope you can put specials and flyers in with them. I hardly look at catalogs I get in the mail, but I tear open packages. I think it is the surprise of not knowing what is inside:)

gilliandanielle said:
I would rather send the catalog in an envelope so it look nice when they get it. Plus if you put it in an envelope you can put specials and flyers in with them. I hardly look at catalogs I get in the mail, but I tear open packages. I think it is the surprise of not knowing what is inside:)

:) Good point! :)

I don't understand why the post office would tell you you can't send them without an envelope. I get tons of catalogs in the mail and none of them are in an envelope...oriental trading, ABC, etc...and none have stickers keeping the pages shut. They generally arrive just fine. But, I always put catalogs in an envelope and send guest specials and an outside order form showing the tax and shipping, as well as a letter.

Flat Rate Envelopes for host packets. $4.05 every time. Supplies delivered FREE to my door. Buying postage and printing labels online with FREE delivery confirmation! I never have to go to the post office again!

the catalogs cost $1.11 to mail, I brought one into the post office about a month and a half ago. We can mail them like this, just tape them closed and clearly state the to and from.

It is no different then if you were ll bean.

When you are sending a catalog in envelope are you marking it media mail? I thought I heard this is cheaper than first class.

Leea:cool:

Harrle said:
When you are sending a catalog in envelope are you marking it media mail? I thought I heard this is cheaper than first class.

Leea:cool:
My post office said if you send something 'media mail' you cannot add anything else, such as a note, because then it has to be 1st class.

Also media mail doesn't get sent out daily at every post office. Some post offices wait until they have a pile of media mail then ship it out.

Chef Kearns said:
Also media mail doesn't get sent out daily at every post office. Some post offices wait until they have a pile of media mail then ship it out.

Hmmm, maybe that's why one of the postal centers I use says it will ship in 10-14 days!?:confused:

Media Mail is also only one way postage. Meanng that if you have an incorrect address or something, they will not send it back to you or forward it to a new address.

1. How can I save money on postage for my July show orders?

One way to save money on postage is to use USPS flat rate boxes for your shipments. These boxes have a set price regardless of weight or distance, making it a cost-effective option for shipping multiple orders at once.

2. What is the recommended timeline for mailing out orders from my July show?

We recommend mailing out orders as soon as possible after the show, ideally within 3-5 business days. This ensures that your customers receive their orders in a timely manner and can also help prevent any delays or issues with shipping.

3. Are there any specific packaging requirements for mailing out orders?

Yes, please make sure to securely package your items to prevent any damage during shipping. This can include using bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or tissue paper to protect delicate items. It's also important to use sturdy boxes or envelopes and seal them properly.

4. Can I track my packages once they are mailed out?

Yes, USPS offers tracking for most packages. You can use the tracking number provided to you by the post office to track the status of your package and ensure that it reaches its destination.

5. How should I handle any issues with lost or damaged packages?

If a package is lost or arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure that your customers receive their orders in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • byrd1956