• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Pollen Stain on Lid of Collapsable Bowl

In summary, the pollen stain on the lid of the collapsible bowl is caused by the natural oils and pigments found in pollen. It is not harmful or toxic, and can be removed with a mild soap and water solution or white vinegar. However, it is not recommended to put the lid in the dishwasher as it may damage it. To prevent pollen stains, wiping down the lid after each use and storing it in a clean, dry place is recommended.
DebPC
Staff member
A new consultant of mine had her lid under an Easter Lilly and specs of pollen have stained it. Can she use a soft scrub with bleach or sit it in some bleach water? Any ideas?
Thanks!

I think bleach will be the only thing to get it out.

I have a customer who just called and said that she had tuna salad in hers and now it smells fishy. Any ideas on how to get odors out?

Stains - have you tried one of the plastic cleaners they have on the market? I know tupperware used to sell one.

Would baking soda or white vinegar work for any of these? The white vinegar may make it take on a whole new smell, but then the baking soda could sop that up. :confused: Not quite sure but I am sure everyone, including myself, would like to know how any of these things worked on both.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the pollen stain on your collapsible bowl lid. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have a few suggestions that may help remove the stain. First, I would recommend trying a mixture of warm water and white vinegar. Simply soak the lid in the mixture for a few hours, then scrub gently with a soft sponge or cloth. This should help lift the stain without damaging the lid. If that doesn't work, you can also try using a mild dish soap and warm water to gently scrub the stain. Alternatively, you could try using a paste made of baking soda and water, which can also be effective at removing stains. I would not recommend using bleach or any harsh chemicals on the lid, as they may damage the material. I hope these suggestions help, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. What causes the pollen stain on the lid of the collapsible bowl?

The pollen stain is caused by the natural oils and pigments found in pollen. These can easily transfer onto surfaces and leave stains, especially on light-colored plastics.

2. Is the pollen stain harmful or toxic?

No, the pollen stain is not harmful or toxic. It is simply a natural substance that can leave stains on surfaces.

3. How do I remove the pollen stain from the lid of my collapsible bowl?

To remove the pollen stain, we recommend using a mild soap and water solution. Gently scrub the stain with a soft cloth or sponge until it is no longer visible. You can also try using a small amount of white vinegar for tougher stains.

4. Will the stain come off if I put the lid in the dishwasher?

While the dishwasher can be effective for removing stains, we do not recommend putting the lid of the collapsible bowl in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can potentially damage the lid and affect its collapsible function.

5. How can I prevent pollen stains from forming on the lid of my collapsible bowl?

To prevent pollen stains, we recommend wiping down the lid after each use with a damp cloth. This will help remove any pollen or other substances that may have transferred onto the lid. Additionally, storing the bowl in a clean, dry place can also prevent pollen stains from forming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • koren
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
h_simcox
Replies