• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plugging the Holes in Show #'s after Recent Update

In summary, the recent update to P3 has caused holes in show #'s when someone tries to view their show list. The system goes back and uses older numbers to fill in the holes.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Has anyone noticed that since the recent update, when you enter a new show, if you have a hole in your show #'s list, it will go back and pop up with that older show number? Is there a way to plug those holes? I don't want to be "all over the map" with show numbers. Help!

I noticed that today. I figure I'll just have to sort by date when looking at my show list now.

You could add a dummy show and never submit it - maybe?

pamperedlinda said:
You could add a dummy show and never submit it - maybe?

That is what I was thinking... I guess I could fill those spots and do it by date but I'd rather just let bygones be bygones ya know? :)

I'd rather delete the shows that never happened and have my show # be true. :) Let P3 fill it in. :)

So you just sort by date then and use up the older numbers? I fill in the newer numbers but this is going backward from show # 175 back to a hole at #51 or something. I guess I should just fill them in and quit whining about it shouldn't I! :)

I delete them when they do not happen but I noticed one time that if i had added a show after it, then it went on to the next number and never used the deleted number.

So, the new update it goes back and uses the delete number?

Yes, it goes back and fills in the holes. :)

I'm wondering if they have done this to help with misunderstandings about when someone can do the "new kit purchase" after however many shows or something... although that is only cooking shows correct? Well... all my dated shows are already in with current #'s. I'll bite the bullet with my next few bookings! :)

I love this feature! Having just switched to P3 I didn't realize the program didn't always do it.

I delete shows that don't happen but I still want to use all the numbers. My shows have always been out of order - date and numbers do not match. I put them in when I book them and some are dated later than the next one is booked. It's easy to sort by date when needed.

It has been my habit to go back and look for the "holes" and redate shows to fill them in - now I don't have to think about that.

quiverfull7 said:
I'm wondering if they have done this to help with misunderstandings about when someone can do the "new kit purchase" after however many shows or something... although that is only cooking shows correct? Well... all my dated shows are already in with current #'s. I'll bite the bullet with my next few bookings! :)
Right - catalog shows don't count.

Finally! This always bothered me. I'm going to be going back to the beginning on numbers now - lol!

quiverfull7 said:
So you just sort by date then and use up the older numbers? I fill in the newer numbers but this is going backward from show # 175 back to a hole at #51 or something. I guess I should just fill them in and quit whining about it shouldn't I! :)
Probably, it's only a number.

I thought you were asking how to get the system to NOT go back and fill those in, thus my response about the dummy show. Only problem with creating a dummy show is that it will always show up as unsubmitted and then that will really drive you batty! Ater having to delete several shows when I first started with PC, I now try and hold-off on entering my shows until I know for sure it's going to hold, keeps me from having to delete them.

You were correct Linda.. .that is what I was thinking of doing... but I don't want them sitting there forever either so I guess I won't fight it! :)

1. How do I plug the holes in my show numbers after the recent update?

To plug the holes in your show numbers, start by identifying the areas where you may be losing potential show bookings. This could include following up with past hosts, promoting your business on social media, or reaching out to potential new hosts. Once you have identified the areas for improvement, create a plan of action to address them.

2. How can I incentivize past hosts to book another show?

Consider offering special discounts or rewards for past hosts who book another show within a certain time frame. You can also personalize your approach by reaching out with a personal message or phone call to express your gratitude for their past support and offer them an exclusive deal.

3. What are some effective ways to promote my business on social media?

Start by creating a business account on popular social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Use eye-catching visuals and engaging captions to showcase your products and services. You can also collaborate with other businesses or influencers to reach a wider audience.

4. How can I find potential new hosts?

Network with friends, family, and colleagues to see if anyone is interested in hosting a show. You can also attend local events or join online groups related to cooking or kitchen products to connect with potential hosts. Additionally, offering a referral program for current hosts can help attract new ones.

5. What should I do if I am still struggling to fill show spots?

If you are still struggling to fill show spots, consider offering a limited-time deal or promotion to entice potential hosts. You can also consider expanding your target audience by hosting virtual shows or reaching out to neighboring cities or towns. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new approaches to boost your show numbers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bsaxman
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies