• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for a Little Boy I Know Who Has Aml

In summary, an 18-month-old boy with leukemia has relapsed again after completing chemo and is not a candidate for a bone marrow transplant. The doctors will try an oral chemo drug and another round of chemo, but the chances of survival are slim. The community is coming together to pray for Hayden and his family during this heartbreaking time.
SilverCeladon
This little boy is only 18 months old. He has leukemia and had chemo but relapsed and now just finished his chemo to get in remission for a bone marrow transplant and today he relapsed again. The chances are not very good that he can even have a transplant now. They're going to try an oral chemo drug and maybe one more round of chemo just to see if they can make it to remission but it's still a long shot the doctors say. Most likely he will die but if there is a small hope that the oral drug will work(to put him in remission to be able to get the transplant) so please pray for Hayden. I cannot imagine having to watch my 18 month old die. It's just so heartbreaking. Thank you.

I don't even know what to say, I will say a prayer for them...

This breaks my heart. Sending prayers for this little on now.

whew---Just keep praying and breaking down all doors- We are all here for you---

Our Precious Jesus... your love and tenderness for children was so evident as you walked the earth... and we know you love our children... we lift precious Hayden up before you and beseech you to heal his little body, as long as he has breath in him we will pray for his healing just as King David agonized before our Father's throne for his own son. We know you hear our prayers and yet we also know we must yield to Your will. Mesh our will with Your's dear Jesus and touch this ailing little boy. With aching yet hope filled hearts for Hayden and his family we lay them before you. Tears flow for them dear Jesus... please turn them into tears of joy and thanksgiving... Amen

The little guy and his family will be in my prayers.

God Bless this little one, sending love and prayers his way!

Diane - your prayer is beautiful. Lots and lots of prayers are going out to this little boy and his family. How very sad and trying...

1. What is AML?

AML stands for Acute Myeloid Leukemia, which is a type of cancer that affects the blood and bone marrow. It is most commonly found in children and can be life-threatening if left untreated.

2. How does AML affect children?

AML affects children by causing abnormal growth of immature white blood cells in the bone marrow, which can lead to anemia, infections, and bleeding problems. It can also affect the production of other types of blood cells, such as red blood cells and platelets, which are essential for the body's functioning.

3. Who is the little boy and how can I help?

The little boy is a child known to someone in our community who has been diagnosed with AML. His family is in need of emotional and financial support during this difficult time. You can help by sending your thoughts and prayers and also by donating to their medical expenses.

4. What is the prognosis for children with AML?

The prognosis for children with AML varies depending on several factors, such as the child's age, overall health, and response to treatment. With early detection and proper treatment, the survival rate for children with AML is around 60-70%. However, it is important to note that each child's case is unique and may have a different outcome.

5. How can I stay updated on the little boy's condition?

The family has set up a social media page where they regularly post updates on the little boy's condition and ways to support them. You can also reach out to the family directly to inquire about the little boy's progress. Your continued support and prayers mean a lot to them during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies