• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

IT'S AMAZING!!!Help Shane Reach His Goal: 3M Birthday Cards for 8th B-day!

In summary, Shane Bernier has a big dream for his birthday. He turns eight on May 30th and his dream is to hold the world record for the most birthday cards received. His goal: 3 Million Cards. Shane's family was very pleased with the early results, but his protocol called for 130 weeks of treatment. On July 6th, 2006 Shane relapsed after completing 108 of the 130 weeks. It was a shock to everyone including his doctors. Shane may have to undergo a bone marrow transplant down the road, but the good thing is that his brother Jacob is a match.
SillyChef
Make an Ottawa Boy’s Dream Come True

Seven-year-old Shane Bernier has a big dream for his birthday. He turns eight on May 30th and his dream is to hold the world record for the most birthday cards received. His goal: 3 Million Cards. At almost 5 years old Shane was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. After 1 month into the treatment he was in early remission, meaning there were no cancer cells in his blood. Shane's family was very pleased with the early results, but his protocol called for 130 weeks of treatment. Then on July 6th, 2006 Shane relapsed after completing 108 of the 130 weeks. It was a shock to everyone including his doctors. Shane may have to undergo a bone marrow transplant down the road, but the good thing is that his brother Jacob is a match. Presently, there is no sign of cancer in Shane's system since relapsing.

When asked what he wants for his birthday, the shy boy responds, “Cards.”
“How many cards do you want, Shane?”
“Millions,” he says in a whisper.
Anyone wishing to help, send a card to:

Shane Bernier
Box 484
Lancaster, Ontario
K0C 1N0

http://www.myspace.com/cards4shane

You can also view his story here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VSCyFn0Tfw

MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE VIDEO...

FYI, it is $0.52 to send a card to Canada.

For those of you skeptics out there (like me!), I've checked this out at www.snopes.com and it is TRUE! Probably the first email like this that I've ever seen that wasn't an urban legend.

So go ahead and send a card :)

He shares my bday, so I'll be sending a card!

Wow...

My 3 year old came in the room as I was watching that. I was crying of couse. She asked me what happened to him and why I was crying. I explained he was very sick and he wanted people to send him cards and that when I see children who are sick it makes me sad. She got very quiet and then said "Well, I'm not sick." No honey, you're just fine and mommy is very blessed for that. Then she asks: "How many cards can we send him?" I told her we would make him some cards tomorrow as our project and send them to him. She said she would like that and she wants him to get better. Then she gave me a sweet hug and wiped my tears away and told me "Don't worry mommy -- he's going to be ok. I'll pray to God."

God, I am soooo blessed!!!

Jennifer that is a really touching story... for all the headaches kids can be (I may not have any of my own, but I sure babysit a lot!) it's when they say something like that which makes grateful for having them in my life! It sounds like you have done a good job with your DD, so Happy early Mother's Day!

1. What is "IT'S AMAZING!!!Help Shane Reach His Goal: 3M Birthday Cards for 8th B-day!"?

"IT'S AMAZING!!!Help Shane Reach His Goal: 3M Birthday Cards for 8th B-day!" is a campaign started by Pampered Chef to help a young boy named Shane reach his goal of receiving 3 million birthday cards for his 8th birthday.

2. Who is Shane and why does he want 3 million birthday cards?

Shane is a young boy who has been battling a serious illness. He has a goal of receiving 3 million birthday cards for his 8th birthday to make it the best birthday ever. Pampered Chef wants to help make his wish come true.

3. How can I participate in this campaign?

You can participate in this campaign by sending a birthday card to Shane at the address provided by Pampered Chef. You can also spread the word and encourage others to send cards as well.

4. Can I send a birthday gift along with the card?

Yes, you can send a birthday gift along with the card. However, please keep in mind that Shane's family has requested that gifts be kept small and simple due to limited space and resources.

5. When is the deadline for sending birthday cards?

The deadline for sending birthday cards is Shane's 8th birthday, which is on April 9th. However, cards can still be sent after this date and will be delivered to Shane by Pampered Chef.

Back