• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please, I Need Recipe for Dcb Molten Lava Cake

In summary, the recipe is for a regular cake mix with frosting. You bake it with the lid on for 10 minutes and then let it sit for another 5. It is a simple recipe that can be done in a rice cooker.
ilovpc
Gold Member
I can't find this recipe in the files. Plus there are tons of post with the word Lava and the few I looked don't have the recipe.

If you have it, would you please share it with me? I would love to get the entire recipe - ingredients and steps.

I want to make this at a show tomorrow.

Thank you!!!

Mix up a regulare cake mix, pour into DCB. Scoop one tub of frosting on top, bake w/ lid on for 10 mins. Let sit for at least another 5 and viola, it's done. Simple as that.

Is it any type of frosting? Do I spread the frosting on top of the batter?

Thanks Shelly!

Any type of frosting is fine - whatever you want to have with the cake. You do not spread it - use one of the scoops (or whatever you have) and drop it in random areas. It will go through the batter while cooking...ending up in a sweet, gooey mess on the bottom. :D

I recommend you DON'T use 'whipped' frosting though. Makes wierd craters.

Couple thoughts:

1) I was told specifically to not use whipped frosting. I know that was a recommendation from someone, but my recipe is specific.

2) Someone said cook with lid on; I had been told to do it with lid off. Does it make a difference?

3) I could include this with every show as people love it. Somewhere there are recipes using different combinations for the cake mixes. Personally, I think chocolate is always good.

4) Also can do this in the Rice Cooker. I have not done it; anyone with success doing this?

I've done it with the rice cooker...but only use about 1/2 the can of frosting. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (NOT WHIPPED!!) is always a crowd pleaser...even better when served with vanilla icecream :)
Another yummy one is carrott cake with a vanilla frosting, yum!!I'm going to have to try it in the dcb....definitely a higher price point ;)

kcjodih said:
I recommend you DON'T use 'whipped' frosting though. Makes wierd craters.

Yes, forgot about whipped frosting - definitely don't use that!

I've done it with the lid on and the lid off and both ways worked fine. I'm sure there was a difference but I did them far enough apart to not remember....

1. What ingredients do I need to make a DCB Molten Lava Cake?

To make a DCB Molten Lava Cake, you will need:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 package of chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 1/4 cups of milk
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips

2. Can I make a DCB Molten Lava Cake without using a Deep Covered Baker?

While the DCB is the recommended tool for making a Molten Lava Cake, you can also use a similar-sized covered casserole dish or Dutch oven. Just make sure the dish is oven-safe and has a lid.

3. How do I prevent my DCB Molten Lava Cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the Deep Covered Baker with cooking spray or butter before adding the cake batter. You can also sprinkle some flour or cocoa powder on top of the grease for extra insurance.

4. How long does it take to bake a DCB Molten Lava Cake?

The total baking time for a DCB Molten Lava Cake is approximately 25-30 minutes. It is important to check the cake after 20 minutes and adjust the baking time accordingly, as oven temperatures may vary.

5. Can I make a DCB Molten Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a DCB Molten Lava Cake ahead of time and reheat it before serving. Simply bake the cake as directed, let it cool completely, and store it in the fridge. When ready to serve, reheat the cake in the microwave or oven until warm and gooey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Nut
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • marion foucher
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikifarley