• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Recipe for Mini Lava Cakes

In summary, the conversation is about making lava cakes for a fundraiser and the chef recommends using a silicone floral pan and provides a recipe for molten chocolate mini cakes. They also give a tip to make sure to eat the cakes immediately after taking them out of the oven for the best molten texture.
nikifarley
I am still a little new to this. I am doing a cooking class for the fundraiser I am doing, and they want to do lava cakes. I thought doing it in the 1 cup prep bowls be best but I need a recipe or another idea. Please help!1:chef:

Don't know if this is exactly what you were looking for. I make them all the time. I make it in the silicone floral pan.
BTW- they are absolutely delicious. :D

Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes
----------------------------

Ingredients:
6 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (do not substitute margarine)

3 whole eggs

3 egg yolks

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray wells of Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Wipe off excess cooking spray from top surface of pan; set pan aside. Coarsely chop chocolate using Chef's Knife. Combine chocolate and butter in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. Remove chocolate mixture from microwave; cool 5 minutes.

2. Whisk eggs and egg yolks into chocolate mixture using Stainless Whisk. Add sugar and flour; mix just until dry ingredients are incorporated using Classic Scraper.

3. Divide batter equally among wells using slightly mounded Large Scoop. Bake 13-14 minutes or until outside edges are set and center is still liquid. (Cracks will appear wet. Do not overbake.)

4. Remove pan from oven using clean kitchen towel; immediately place inverted Simple Additions(R) Large Round Platter over pan. Carefully invert pan. Gently press on tops and sides of wells to loosen cakes. Slowly lift pan, checking to see that all cakes have released before lifting pan completely. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To test doneness of cakes, carefully insert Pocket Thermometer into centers of several cakes. The internal temperature should read at least 160°F.

One thing you want to make sure you will be ready to eat these as soon as they come out of the oven, otherwise, they are not molten, they are just gooey, like underdone cake. They cook more as they stand.

1. How do I make mini lava cakes in the Pampered Chef mini fluted pan?

To make mini lava cakes in the Pampered Chef mini fluted pan, you will need the following ingredients: 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, ½ cup of unsalted butter, ¼ cup of granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ cup of all-purpose flour, and a pinch of salt. Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease the mini fluted pan with cooking spray. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the melted chocolate mixture. Finally, fold in the flour and salt. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm with a dusting of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

2. Can I use a different type of pan to make mini lava cakes?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan to make mini lava cakes. However, the baking time may vary depending on the size and material of the pan. Make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and keep an eye on the cakes to prevent them from overcooking.

3. How do I know when the mini lava cakes are done baking?

The mini lava cakes are done baking when the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick in the center of a cake - if it comes out with moist crumbs, the cakes are ready. Be careful not to overbake the cakes as they will harden and lose their lava-like consistency.

4. Can I make the mini lava cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mini lava cakes ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. You can also freeze the unbaked batter in the pan and bake as needed - just add a few minutes to the baking time.

5. What toppings can I use for the mini lava cakes?

You can use a variety of toppings for the mini lava cakes, such as fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or a sprinkle of sea salt. Get creative and experiment with different flavors to find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Nut
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • TheFreddiesCook