• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plans for Memorial Day Weekend???

In summary, the group has various plans for Memorial Day weekend. Some are going out of town, while others are staying home and having cookouts or attending parties. Some have work commitments, while others are planning surprise birthday parties. One person is going to a fair booth, and another is going camping. Some have no plans yet and will probably just relax at home. Overall, everyone is looking forward to the long weekend and enjoying the start of summer.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I was wondering what everyone's plans are for Memorial Day weekend. I am going down to MD to visit one of my girlfriends and we are going to some Brew Fest at the zoo. Here is the link if anyone is close by! It looks like a lot of fun!

http://www.marylandzoo.org/

If my parents grill, we go there to eat. And usually end up at my in-laws later on to get in the pool if it is warm enough. Pretty laid back. With gas prices I do not plan to go anywhere. And we are going to NC in June.

We will be sticking around the house. I plan on hosting a cookout at my house to honor my hubbie's 40th Bday. We may have another cookout to go to as well. And I have a baby shower to attend on Sunday.

I'm heading to Charlestown, WV....look out ponies and slots - here I come!

I have a show on friday (so I don't know how big of a turn out it will be on a holiday weekend)? then a birthday dinner for my grams!

Slug day! I plan to do not one single thing besides eat and watch old movies.

I've got a show on Saturday, but no plans other than that.

We are hosting our 2nd annual Memorial Day cookout on Sunday. We have the entire family (both sides) over to our house for a cookout in the evening. 4-wheelers, swimming, outdoor games, the works!! It's a lot of fun, but it makes me tired! :)

I'm working at a fair booth on Saturday. Let's hope that drums up some business for me.

I am planning a surprise birthday for my daughter. She will be 7! We always have a difficult time planning her party since it is Memorial weekend. She has hinted for a Hawaii party so to go along with the theme I am using the Classic Batter bowl to make her an "Island Cake"! Should be so cute!

Brandi2007 said:
I am planning a surprise birthday for my daughter. She will be 7! We always have a difficult time planning her party since it is Memorial weekend. She has hinted for a Hawaii party so to go along with the theme I am using the Classic Batter bowl to make her an "Island Cake"! Should be so cute!

You need to post pics of the cake! Hope she has a great time!

The 4 wheelers sound like fun!!! I got run over by one when I was a kid! Guess What? I was ok--LOL!

Nothing too special...
  1. Just my DREAM DISNEY VACATION!!!

We plan on going to a friends house and helping them open there built in pool. I spend a lot of time there in the summer so we like to help (or should I say my DH is going to help with the pool). Then on Sunday we will be at the in-laws, some family is coming in from OH. Monday just hangning around, maybe cookout at my house with family. Hope eveyrone enjoys the weekend.

Hey there...it's Debbie Downer...I am going to clean camps for rentals! I am looking forward to sweating till I stink and feeling like I rolled in dust after that good sweat!!!
I VOW to try to take time to sit in a lawn chair for 5 minutes and worry about all I have to do or have a pity party about missing TPC by about 1 to 2,000 dollars. I am stretching my muscles as we speak to kick myself in the bum!:eek:
Rae...I just may show up at your door step and ask you to pass me a bowl of muchies...I will do it quietly as to not interupt your movies!!:rolleyes:
Gotta run!

I'm going to MA to visit my mom for her b-day. I have no clue what else we will be doing while I"m up there. Mom is currently out of work but taking looking for a job seriously and she mentioned my dad might also be let go (the entire division) soon. So maybe we'll go play in the salisbury beach one day, hmm, a belated father's day I could take him to brown's his favorite lobster place.

We are going to stay home and hang out.

We don't have any plans so far. We don't do much for Memorial Day. I hope to just stay home and do some much needed cleaning around the house.

2 shows!!! Yeah! One Friday night with 8 outside orders so far and 9 yes RSVPs on Sunday with a potential recruit.

tlennhoff said:
I'm going to MA to visit my mom for her b-day. I have no clue what else we will be doing while I"m up there. Mom is currently out of work but taking looking for a job seriously and she mentioned my dad might also be let go (the entire division) soon. So maybe we'll go play in the salisbury beach one day, hmm, a belated father's day I could take him to brown's his favorite lobster place.
Hey Tasha!
Where does your mom live? I am in Northboro.

chefkristin said:
Hey Tasha!
Where does your mom live? I am in Northboro.

I used to live in Marlboro and Wesborough and my mom lives in Groton right near the NH boarder.

tlennhoff said:
I used to live in Marlboro and Wesborough and my mom lives in Groton right near the NH boarder.
I grew up in Marlboro! Its a small world.

chefkristin said:
I grew up in Marlboro! Its a small world.

It sure is. I'll wave as I drive past on the Pike.

tlennhoff said:
It sure is. I'll wave as I drive past on the Pike.
I will be in Maryland. Have a great weekend.

Well, my son is in a Memorial Day baseball tournament. Then on the 29th, we're taking the family to Europa Park, a huge amusement part here in Germany. Spending the night there at a guesthouse. Then, the next day we're heading to Munich and meeting some friends to hang out at the Munich zoo all day. Then we're staying in a hotel at an old Monastery that is also a brewery (Leave it to the Germans! Guess monks make good beer?) for 4 nights and doing all kinds of family stuff in the Garmisch area. One son's birthday is the 29th and another the 31st so we'll have lots of fun!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Then we're staying in a hotel at an old Monastery that is also a brewery (Leave it to the Germans! Guess monks make good beer?) for 4 nights and doing all kinds of family stuff in the Garmisch area.
Monks make good everything. It's because religious people were, at one time, the only educated people, so they had the know-how. Champagne was invented by a monk (Dom Perignon), and I think brandy was, too.

This useless fact has been brought to you by Ann's brain.

:D

baychef said:
Rae...I just may show up at your door step and ask you to pass me a bowl of muchies...I will do it quietly as to not interupt your movies!!:rolleyes:
Gotta run!

Friends are always welcome on slug days. Conversation and laughter are welcome substitutions for old movies. Be warned, however, on slug days I get really comfy--no makeup, no bra, possibly jammies all day. It's not for the faint of heart.

raebates said:
Friends are always welcome on slug days. Conversation and laughter are welcome substitutions for old movies. Be warned, however, on slug days I get really comfy--no makeup, no bra, possibly jammies all day. It's not for the faint of heart.
I am there!!! No Bra sounds great!!! LOL!!!!:D :eek: :D

A week ago I could have told you guys what my planns were for Memorial day but now I dont' have a clue....somebody please get me off this rolar coster ride.....

raebates said:

Can I wear my CS thong too!!!!

DH is pulling two 12 hours days. I have a show Friday night and am going to sign up a recruit sometime Saturday. I will also spend a bit more time figuring out my filing system since I'll finally have some shows under my belt. Otherwise, just kicking back with ds. No clue what we'll do Monday. Probably not much of anything. I suspect dh will want to just lag all day.

Jason, you are welcome to wear whatever you are most comfortable in--the thong, your Miss Janet disguise, whatever.

I shall spend the day in AZ lounging in my mom's pool in her backyard. :D :p :D We may break from these plans for an afternoon movie and/or shopping trip. Monday night I will be getting ready for the show I am doing at my mom's on Tuesday after work, as I'll be spending Tuesday day with one of my oldest and dearest friends who took the day off of work (and trying to convince her to come to my PC party as she has never been to one! :eek: )

GourmetGirl said:
I shall spend the day in AZ lounging in my mom's pool in her backyard. :D :p :D We may break from these plans for an afternoon movie and/or shopping trip. Monday night I will be getting ready for the show I am doing at my mom's on Tuesday after work, as I'll be spending Tuesday day with one of my oldest and dearest friends who took the day off of work (and trying to convince her to come to my PC party as she has never been to one! :eek: )

I will be in Arizona too! We'll be visiting some relatives in Phoenix and heading to a Diamondbacks game and probably the Phoenix zoo. We're excited!

I will be moving to a house this weekend! We are getting out of our tiny apartment and into a rental house w/ a ton more room! I can't believe how much our kitchen has grown since we moved in 2 years ago! :) I LOVE IT!

lisaterwilliger said:
I will be moving to a house this weekend! We are getting out of our tiny apartment and into a rental house w/ a ton more room! I can't believe how much our kitchen has grown since we moved in 2 years ago! :) I LOVE IT!
PC will do that to your kitchen!! LOL!

My husband, brother and myself are laying tile in our home that we are building.

Tasha,
I almost cried when I read your post. I moved to Colorado a few years ago from Mass and really miss it. When you ever mentioned Brown's on the beach it really made me miss back east even more than usual. Please have a great time, I will be thinking of you.

nsksk said:
Tasha,
I almost cried when I read your post. I moved to Colorado a few years ago from Mass and really miss it. When you ever mentioned Brown's on the beach it really made me miss back east even more than usual. Please have a great time, I will be thinking of you.
Brown's up in Salisbury??? That place is awesome!!!

not as good as i imagined but here it is....
jrstephens said:
You need to post pics of the cake! Hope she has a great time!

I had 30 minutes to decorate this cake before my daughter arrived to her surprise birthday party. First cake I ever decorated and I made it in the Classic Batter Bowl. It came out pretty cute for the short time I had to make it. And of course I had to add a picture of my daughter Cassidy since she was the birthday girl!

Related to Plans for Memorial Day Weekend???

1. What is Memorial Day and why do we celebrate it?

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States that is observed on the last Monday of May. It is a day to remember and honor the men and women who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.

2. When is Memorial Day weekend and how long does it last?

Memorial Day weekend officially starts on Saturday, May 29th and ends on Monday, May 31st. However, many people consider the entire weekend, from Friday to Monday, as part of the holiday.

3. What are some popular activities for Memorial Day weekend?

Some popular activities for Memorial Day weekend include attending parades and ceremonies, visiting memorials and cemeteries, having barbecues and picnics, and going to the beach or pool.

4. Are there any special events or festivals happening during Memorial Day weekend?

Yes, there are often special events and festivals happening during Memorial Day weekend. These can include music festivals, food festivals, and community events. Make sure to check your local area for any events happening near you.

5. Is it important to remember the true meaning of Memorial Day while celebrating?

Yes, it is important to remember and honor the true meaning of Memorial Day while celebrating. Take the time to reflect on the sacrifices made by our military members and their families, and consider participating in activities that pay tribute to their service and sacrifice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • Kitchen Diva