• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Trip: Where to Go Next Year?

In summary, PC is planning an all-inclusive trip to Cancun, but hopes to find a new destination to travel to. They also hope to take a mini vacation in Feb. to Orlando. Liz thinks Aruba would be great, while PC agrees with her that there are good and bad parts to every country. Finally, they would like to go on a European trip or an island trip.
missyciccolella
I am getting excited about learning the new trip destination (as I know you are too)...so what are you thoughts about the destination? :love:
Last night at the cluster meeting, Hawaii was shot down as we went about 4 years ago...one of the directors suggested Australia:eek: , but weren't sure if logistically speaking this would be possible:confused: ...any thoughts about where we be traveling next year?:rolleyes:

How long ago was Italy? Now that I have my passport that would be a trip that I would like.

Several years ago they did an all enclusive trip to Cancun. I missed it by 2000 points...hopefully, that will never happen again!

I really hope they do Hawaii because I am yearning to go back there. By the time we would be able to go on the trip it will be 5 years...who knows?

My kids want Disney...no surprise there...

When I thought about this...I thought "what if it were to Istanbul?" ...which is where my husband is from, and my mother-in-law is there...I got tears in my eyes!
How awesome would it be to earn a trip to take us to visit her! Although I'd love somewhere I've never been...I'd love Spain! My husband has been there twice with work, and says he loves it...better than France! It's closer in culture to Istanbul (Turkey) ...i think that's why...the whole Mediterranean thing would be wonderful...Greece, Spain, Istanbul, and Italy...a Mediterranean Cruise!!!

ahhhhhh

I'm game for anywhere, lol!
I'd love Hawaii, Ireland, or Disney the most....I can't wait to find out!:D

Italy would be great, and it's been about 6 years since that was the trip.

How about something completely new, like Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? Argentina? African spa/safari?

chefann said:
Italy would be great, and it's been about 6 years since that was the trip.

How about something completely new, like Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? Argentina? African spa/safari?
Africa would completely rock, but so would Italy and Brazil! So many places...it's just not fair!

Alaskan Cruise or Disney!!

Disney and Alaskan cruise were both offered very recently. Give it a couple of years for them to show up in the rotation again. (I did hear that Doris' personal favorite trip incentive is the Alaskan Cruise, so it WILL be offered again.)

Aruba would be awsome , I can't wait for the cruise

I would work my tushie off for a trip to Greece or Ireland!:D

chef131doreen said:
Aruba would be awsome , I can't wait for the cruise

Um...uh...not sure if I'd like it there after the whole Natalie thing...

I went to Curacao for our honeymoon, and I'd love to go back there. (Part of the ABC islands --Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao).

However, I welcome the chance to see a new place! Europe would be nice, or an island is always needed for R&R.

My hubby hasnt had a vacation since our honeymoon which was 2 years ago!! I am hoping to take a mini vacation in Feb. to Orlando....

CANT WAIT!

janetupnorth said:

I agree and WAY TOO many drugs for sale EVERYWHERE for my liking.

Aruba is AWESOMEI've been 3 times. If I every won the lottery, I would without a doubt by a house in Aruba. I love it there. Unfortunately it got a bad rap from the Natalie thing. Unfortuantely that happens EVERYWHERE - just not Aruba.

Since I'm aiming for a trip this year - I would say, I don't care where it's at, I just hope to work my "bubba behind" off to get it! :p

Liz is right there are good parts and bad parts to every country. You just have to know where to go, and always travel with someone or a group.

janetupnorth said:

There are alot of places that people wouldn't want to go any more with all the things happening lately if they just focused on the negative, including malls, churches, and even your own home!

What are some of your favorite destinations from the past? I'm just curious as to where PC has sent consultants before.

whatever it is, I'm thinking it is going to be BIG! I mean not only are we getting double points, but EXTRA Bonus points too!

When I first started, the level 1 was a hotel certificate that you could use for a couple of nights at any of a list of hotels. Level 2 was usually a trip that tied in to Leadership, which was in April, not January. Some of those destinations included San Diego, San Antonio and Atlanta.

Some of the other trips I can recall them offering recently are: Keystone, CO; Italy; Hawaii; Alaskan cruise; Disney; Austria; San Francisco.

I know PC likes to keep the trips family oriented, but I would like Vegas! I don't think it would be this year as I can't imagine needing that many points for Vegas, but wouldn't that be fun?! All the lights, the shows, shopping, good food, and of course gambling if you want...

Ohhh, Keystone, my husband would love that! Makes me excited to earn a trip this year!

wadesgirl said:
Ohhh, Keystone, my husband would love that! Makes me excited to earn a trip this year!
That was the family option the year that Italy was offered.

Ok...did I miss somethingI know there are double points from 1/13/2008 - 2/14/2008, but I didn't see the BONUS points.

Has my blonde hair taken over??!!

I may be mistaken, but it seems as though you can "double dip" with shows held and submitted from Jan 13-31 meaning you can earn double points for each dollar earned and points for $3000 and $6000 in Jan sales.

Do the double points have to be shows that are held and submitted from Jan 13-Feb 14? So my point is if I have a show on the 12th wouldn't it be better to hold it on the 13th so I can get double points as well hopefully point for Jan sales? Am I making any sense? :confused:

I think it's just submitted sales

The points have very specific held and submitted dates for both the bonus and double.

BONUS: January sales held and submitted January 1-31. Get 1500 bonus points when you have $3000 sales, 3000 bonus points with $6000 sales

DOUBLE POINTS: For sales held and submitted January 13-February 14 get 2 points per dollar

(And the 2 shows for the HWC host item are held and submitted February 15-29.)

See page 2 of: https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/cs_08jan_feb.pdf

okay, so I didn't read the small print......Ann, is there ANYTHING that you don't know???!!!

I just copy it off the fine print. :)

It's not knowing the information... it's knowing where to find the information. ;)

(And I actually sent a note to my team last week with this info, so they could be aware of it. Which is why I knew the info was on the flyer.)

But you couldDate your shows for the 13th and after, submit them prior to month end for January and then, providing you have $3000 in sales, get 1500 bonus points plus 6000 points for double point time - meaning that you just got 7500 points.

When you think of it like this, I'm thinking - the bar to get a trip has just been increased substaintially.

ltkacz said:
Date your shows for the 13th and after, submit them prior to month end for January and then, providing you have $3000 in sales, get 1500 bonus points plus 6000 points for double point time - meaning that you just got 7500 points.

When you think of it like this, I'm thinking - the bar to get a trip has just been increased substaintially.
Just don't cheat yourself out of the tablecloth & apron you can earn for a show submitted before the 9th.......

Not to mention that it's actually lying to submit a show with a date that isn't the date it was held. You've got a little leeway with catalog shows, but cooking shows should have the actual date of the show on them.

pamperedlinda said:
Just don't cheat yourself out of the tablecloth & apron you can earn for a show submitted before the 9th.......
Have a catty show submitted before the 9th...I'm planning on doing this myself...circulating an email and offering a sale on Stoneware! (convenient it is 20% off that month anyway :D ).

I'm not saying I would do thatI'm just saying I'm sure there are a lot of consultants who realize this, and viola - points galore for them. While the rest of us "play by the rules", and work hard.

Gotcha, Liz. I just didn't want anyone to think that anyone here is advocating bending the rules. I apologize if my post seemed accusatory.

chefann said:
Gotcha, Liz. I just didn't want anyone to think that anyone here is advocating bending the rules. I apologize if my post seemed accusatory.
Not at all...we all need to be on the up and up.

Question...when a trip is announced, is there an alternate destination offered? or an alternate award?For folks who are afraid of flying for instance? Or who have been to Disneyland/World? Just curious.

CookingwithMary said:
Question...when a trip is announced, is there an alternate destination offered? or an alternate award?

For folks who are afraid of flying for instance? Or who have been to Disneyland/World? Just curious.

There is a cash option for those who do not want to take the trip.

I want Disney again. I started selling PC in January of 2000 and they have offered a Disney trip every 5 years, so I don't think it will be this year. Other than Disney I don't care where it is. I just want to earn a trip again.

Ireland has always been one of my dream places...but I hope that the incentive trip is a rockin' place in country! I can travel outside the country, but my DH can't. My DH isn't a citizen...which is his own da*n fault! He was adopted when he was 8 from Korea, and his parents never took care of his citizenship. :mad: He didn't take care of it once he was 18. Now, he keeps putzin' around, saying he's going to do it, but his excuse is - the price keeps going up! :eek: Like it's all of a sudden going to get cheaper!!! :grumpy: He does all the stuff citizens do, except vote - pays taxes, works, taxes, taxes....lol Most people assume he was born here. So, until he finally gets off his duff and takes care of it, no out of country trips for us!

My fingers are crossed for Hawaii!! :D

I assumed that PC always had one option of a trip that didn't require flying. If that's true and there really is only one trip then Disney makes sense, right? Where else would they have it that doesn't require a flight?

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure some more seasoned consultant would know better.

ChefJoyJ said:
Ireland has always been one of my dream places...but I hope that the incentive trip is a rockin' place in country! I can travel outside the country, but my DH can't. My DH isn't a citizen...which is his own da*n fault! He was adopted when he was 8 from Korea, and his parents never took care of his citizenship. :mad: He didn't take care of it once he was 18. Now, he keeps putzin' around, saying he's going to do it, but his excuse is - the price keeps going up! :eek: Like it's all of a sudden going to get cheaper!!! :grumpy: He does all the stuff citizens do, except vote - pays taxes, works, taxes, taxes....lol Most people assume he was born here. So, until he finally gets off his duff and takes care of it, no out of country trips for us!

My fingers are crossed for Hawaii!! :D

Maybe this is a dumb suggestion because I don't know what's involved with becoming a citizen but I'd tell him to work on getting his citizenship while you work on getting the trip.....or you'll take someone else!

pamperedposey said:
I assumed that PC always had one option of a trip that didn't require flying. If that's true and there really is only one trip then Disney makes sense, right? Where else would they have it that doesn't require a flight?

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure some more seasoned consultant would know better.

Well, they've had trips to Colorado, Texas, California, Washington DC,......so lets think of some other places that it could be that would be fun "in-country" trips - besides Disney.....
Someone suggested Las Vegas - that would definitely not interest me (I'd most likely take the money option if that was the trip I won) but that would be one option - what other ones?

This thread is the perfect example of why HO changes things up with the trip every year. Some people like to fly, others don't (and there will NEVER be a location to which nobody has to fly - that's just geographically impossible). Some people want family-oriented trips, others want the chance to have a vacation away from their kids. And HO is smart enough to recognize that not every trip will appeal to everyone, and that's why they offer the cash option.

Some other US places I would love to visit would be New York City (DH & are going for a weekend in Feb, but I'd still love to go for free with PC); Sedona AZ (my parents went and said it is GORGEOUS and like a resort in the dessert); Key West FL - never been there but sounds relaxing; this is totally impossible, but all of those crazy little places (and some big places) that you see driving across the US...like the biggest ball of twine, Mount Rushmore, etc...like I said that will not happen but it would be fun with the right people! LOL

I vote for Hawaii....is HO listening in??

We go every other year or so, and it's time to revisit. We have friends there and one of them has had some major health issues this year. I would love to see her again!

As for Key West, we are stopping there on our cruise this year (although it's a day stop, no night life).

So exciting to dream....it's like waiting for Christmas!

My biggest problem with the trips (or even leadership when I promote) would be flying. I'm not scared to fly, it's more of a fear of heights and anxiety! I think though it would depend on the location, DH and I would never turn down a trip to Hawaii!

chefann said:
And HO is smart enough to recognize that not every trip will appeal to everyone, and that's why they offer the cash option.

I always mention this during my recruiting talk because some guests might have experience with other DS companies. We are the only one that I know of that offers the Gift Certificate and buy-in options. One company does NOT allow anyone under 18 to go on the trips. Another does not allow any other option besides the trip. If you don't go, you get nothing. A third offers a GC option if you don't go on the trip... for their products ONLY.

We have it soooooo good! I LOVE PC!

My dh is afraid of flying also. But, I told him when I earn this cruise, I am not driving all the way to Florida to get on that cruise ship!

Someone said they had already been to Disney before.....but have you been w/PC? All I ever hear from my cluster-mates is how PC pampers you on the trips, & going on vacation w/PC is like no other! I've always heard that once you earn a PC trip, you don't want to miss another one!

finley1991 said:
I always mention this during my recruiting talk because some guests might have experience with other DS companies. We are the only one that I know of that offers the Gift Certificate and buy-in options. One company does NOT allow anyone under 18 to go on the trips. Another does not allow any other option besides the trip. If you don't go, you get nothing. A third offers a GC option if you don't go on the trip... for their products ONLY.

We have it soooooo good! I LOVE PC!

And our trips are trips for 2 or 4...I know with some DS companies, they are trips for 1!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Maybe this is a dumb suggestion because I don't know what's involved with becoming a citizen but I'd tell him to work on getting his citizenship while you work on getting the trip.....or you'll take someone else!

I keep working on him - I think I'm going to set my foot down very soon! He needs to get it taken care of - especially with our new baby and all! Not having his citizenship doesn't effect his life at all, with the exception of voting and traveling out of country, he can do everything else we can do. Still - I have a feeling that my foot with be coming down in Jan! (or sooner, but with Christmas, probably Jan 1).

I think it takes a while - I'm not sure, but I think the process of getting the application approved, interviewed, tested, and then nationalized can take over a year. :( Then getting passports is taking forever now. :grumpy:

No! I will not give up!! Besides - my goal is to earn a trip (and DH doesn't think I can do it). What better incentive than if he's able to go with me?? :D

How about someplace"out west"? Montana? California?

I live in Michigan, so anywhere "out west" would be nice.

But Maine would be nice.....

<h2>1. "What are the top destinations for next year's trip?"</h2><p>We are currently considering a few different options for next year's trip. Some popular destinations that have been suggested include Australia, Europe, and a Caribbean cruise. Our team is carefully researching each option to ensure the best possible experience for our consultants.</p><h2>2. "How do you decide on the trip destination?"</h2><p>Our team takes into account various factors when choosing the trip destination, such as budget, accessibility, and activities available. We also take into consideration feedback and suggestions from our consultants to ensure that the destination is something that everyone will enjoy.</p><h2>3. "Is there a budget for the trip?"</h2><p>Yes, we carefully plan and budget for the trip to ensure that it is affordable and enjoyable for all our consultants. The budget may vary depending on the destination, but we strive to make it an amazing experience for everyone.</p><h2>4. "Can I bring my family on the trip?"</h2><p>We understand that many of our consultants may want to bring their family along for the trip. While the trip is primarily for consultants, we do offer options for family members to join at an additional cost. This can be discussed with our team during the planning process.</p><h2>5. "When will the final decision on the trip destination be made?"</h2><p>We are currently in the planning stages for next year's trip, and we hope to have a final decision made within the next few months. Rest assured, we will keep our consultants updated as soon as a decision is made so everyone can start planning and getting excited!</p>

1. "What are the top destinations for next year's trip?"

We are currently considering a few different options for next year's trip. Some popular destinations that have been suggested include Australia, Europe, and a Caribbean cruise. Our team is carefully researching each option to ensure the best possible experience for our consultants.

2. "How do you decide on the trip destination?"

Our team takes into account various factors when choosing the trip destination, such as budget, accessibility, and activities available. We also take into consideration feedback and suggestions from our consultants to ensure that the destination is something that everyone will enjoy.

3. "Is there a budget for the trip?"

Yes, we carefully plan and budget for the trip to ensure that it is affordable and enjoyable for all our consultants. The budget may vary depending on the destination, but we strive to make it an amazing experience for everyone.

4. "Can I bring my family on the trip?"

We understand that many of our consultants may want to bring their family along for the trip. While the trip is primarily for consultants, we do offer options for family members to join at an additional cost. This can be discussed with our team during the planning process.

5. "When will the final decision on the trip destination be made?"

We are currently in the planning stages for next year's trip, and we hope to have a final decision made within the next few months. Rest assured, we will keep our consultants updated as soon as a decision is made so everyone can start planning and getting excited!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann